“AWESOME!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

First I was greeted by Ashley K who was so friendly and joked with me. I think she could see I was a little ragged from my flight. She really did a great job signing me in and making me feel comfortable. All the staff was accommodating. My room was clean and welcoming. It was great there was a restaurant in the hotel, I ate there all three days I was there.

Thank-you for a great stay - Ashley. BTW, you handled all those young athletes with grace. All of them coming to the desk and asking questions would have made me crazy - you did great.

Room Tip: Join the travel club with Doubletree.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hannah_Murphy, CARE Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing this review about your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach. I am positively elated to read such a glowing review regarding our staff and property! I have shared your incredibly kind comments with all of our staff, and we are so truly pleased that we were able to make such a wonderful impression during your stay. Thank you, also, for your compliments about our fabulous front desk person, Ashley K, I have made certain that she is commended for a job well done!
We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back as a guest in the future! Thank you again for your feedback, and have a wonderful day!

633 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Buckingham, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

The room was clean, the beds comfortable and we wouldn't mind staying again. The only issue was that the room had a lingering smell of cigarette smoke. Perhaps the room was converted from smoking to non-smoking recently but it wasn't appealing. Other than that, great stay!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback regarding your stay! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I have shared your kind words about our cleanliness with our housekeeping staff! I am sorry to hear that there was a smoke smell lingering in your room, however, and I will speak to our staff about ensuring that this is checked when our rooms are inspected each day! Thank you again for your feedback, and we truly hope to welcome you back as a guest in the future!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

My family and I arrived last minute after travelling all day. We had tried two other hotels in the area who were not willing to work with us on such short notice because we had not booked on the internet earlier. They were able to give us one of thier best rooms on floor 12. They are fantastic people who genuinely cared about my family and I. Extremely appreciative of my service as an active duty member. They even gave me a promo code to use the internet for free! Outstanding patriots!

Room Tip: Just ask if there are specials.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach. I am so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us! I have shared your incredibly kind words with all of our staff, and we are all so glad that your family ventured to our hotel for your stay! :)
I truly hope that we may provide you with excellent service during future stays! And, of course, sincerely appreciate your service for our country!

Thank you!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

If only the service staff at check-in would have paid attention to the fact that I was on crutches and offered me (instead of my coworker) the room next to the elevator instead of at the very end of the hall, I would have rated the Service full marks. I will say that Carmen, one of the cleaning personnel, was very kind and helpful during my stay.

Room Tip: Comfy beds!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hannah_Murphy, CARE Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out this review regarding your stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate the feedback, as it is absolutely our most important tool in striving to provide the best possible service and quality at our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that one of our wonderful housekeeping staff, Carmen, was able to make such a great impression during your stay!
I would like to apologize, however, for your experience with our check-in staff. I have spoken with our entire staff about being particularly attentive to our guest's needs, so that this type of issue is avoided in the future. I am truly sorry for this experience, but I can assure you that we have rectified this on our property!
I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to exceed your expectations at another time. And more importantly, I wish you a speedy recovery! Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

Flemington, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Everyone at this hotel was top notch in taking care of our needs. Place was spotless. One of the cleanest places I've stayed at. Restaurant staff was excellent and very attentive.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for providing us with this feedback about your stay at our property! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay so thourougly, and I have shared your wonderful comments with our entire staff! We truly look forward to providing you with excellent service and quality during future stays, and definitely providing the "royal treatment"! Thank you again, and have a wonderful day!

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

My experience was great. No complaints. When we arrived, we had a warm welcome from the front desk staff. And got a warm cookie (which was great after a long trip). Our room was nice...clean and welcoming. They had the air conditioning on, so it was cold. But we were able to change it to our liking. I feel the rooms were well decorated and updated. They will be getting flat screens soon, they said. The location is also great. Less than 3 minutes from the beach, which I think is great. ALSO, the room service was good too. The breakfast was so good. And it was a big breakfast too. Worth the money. I will definitely stay here again if I visit Virginia Beach.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach! I am so elated to read such glowing compliments about our property! I have shared your wonderfully kind words with our staff, and we are so pleased that we were able to provide you with excellent quality and service during your stay! I truly hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back as a guest again in the future, and am pleased to let you know that the HD flat screen TVs will be installed at the end of this month! We'll keep some of those great cookies warm for you! :) Thank you again, and havea great day!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

A 3-star experience. Accommodations are satisfactory, but the rooms and accommodations are in need of renovation or refurbishment. This was certainly true on the Hilton Honors 11th floor: carpets, bathroom tile, lounge chair, etc. Desk staff very friendly and helpful, but undermanned. All but one visit to the front desk resulted in a small wait while staff answered phone calls or finished the call they were on - need to handle booking and reservations in the office vice front desk. Fitness center was excellent. Cleanliness: needs improvement. Somebody's hair was plastered on the shower wall. I left it there to see what would happen and it was still there when I left.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hannah_Murphy, CARE Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I would like to apologize for the issues that you have experienced. I can assure you these are absolutely not typical of our property whatsoever, and I am looking into these thoroughly to see what caused these to occur. I have addressed the quality of the room and halls on our 11th floor and cleanliness issues within your room directly with housekeeping management, and have been ensured this will be rectified. I have also spoken to our front desk management to ensure this staffing issue is corrected, so our guests are certain to receive not only friendly, but timely service!
I truly hope we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations at another time. I would like to thank you again for this feedback, and providing me the opportunity to address these issues. Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!

CARE Coordinator

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!