“Hai and the rest of the staff raised the bar on customer service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5793 Greenwich Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23462-6517   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Hai and the rest of the staff raised the bar on customer service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My family came from all parts of the U.S. to attend the funeral of my brother. We were accommodated with ten rooms for 3-4 nights, none of which did I hear a single complaint about, that is what I expect. What I did not expect was how gracious, accommodating and at home Hai and the rest of the staff made us all feel. Thank you for making a tough time for our family easier.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
orlando, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 via mobile

I liked the free breakfast...rooms are Nice and clean! Not that far from the beach...and close to "downtown" virginia

• Stayed May 2011
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

we stayed in this hotel 7 nights. it was a wonderfull stay every thing is good. first of all it's very clean , the room is spacious with every thing you need : the fridge, cofee maker (even we didn't use it because in the lobby there is a delicious fresh coffee all the day long ).Tv with various canals..free internet.the bed is confortable., the stuff is friendly and welcoming they are ready to serve and help. the breakfast is terrific everything you need is there . both American and continental breakfast , even the waffers you make them yourself wich makes your stay as you' re at home . on wednesdays they serve hot dogs with salads and desert for dinner. it's free!!! As a whole , the hotel is friendly and great.sure we will return there for another vacation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I was supposed to stay at this hotel in July but I called cto confirm my late check in and found out that my reservation was canceled. When I asked what they would do about it the front desk person just told me that they were sold out.
No help at all. Apparently my card had declined (expired) so they canceled my reservation, without calling me or anything. Of course the front desk person lied and said they did (trust me I would know, especially even if I got a voicemail) so in the end he was no help to me at all.
A manager wasn't offered, I wasn't walked to a hotel (I work in hotels, it's procedure to walk them to another hotel) so in the end obviously this isn't the kind of place you should stay at if they aren't helpful at all.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Wayne, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I want to let people know what a great hotel this is. Our daughter is a college athlete downh in Virginia Beach and we started staying here when we were in town to watch her play. The staff learned our names quickly and greeted us warmly on each return trip. When my daughter was injured and I had to travel down to her with possible surgery pending and the number of days of my stay unknown they assured me that I would not have to worry about a room. They helped me with directions, food, even a get well card for my daughter on her return from the hospital post surgery. We could not have asked for a more supportive, accomodating staff. Our rooms have always been clean and neat, friendly staff, breakfast each morning, cookies in the afternoon, what more could you ask for. Plus I have checked in at all hours and the welcome is always the same. Our family would not think of staying anywhere else. They are truly a hidden gem..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Well, I was a little apprehensive when I booked this hotel after reading one of the reviews, but my concerns were laid to rest as soon as I walked in, the reception was fantastic, my room was outstanding, flat screen tv, microwave, coffee making facilities, aircon, iron and ironing board and wireless Internet in the room, what more could you want. The buffet breakfast was really good and well stocked, they even through in an evening meal on a Wednesday. This is the best pound for pound hotel I have stayed in, I spent 9 nights here without a single complaint.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I have stayed at many Hampton Innns, but this one is the worst one ever. . I'm amazed the Hilton lets this hotel be a part of the Hilton Family. This place needs a 100% renovation. I called when I first got in my room to a problem with the A/C. One hour later and still no one come. They send me to another room. Plumbing does not work in it. Loud noises fro people leaving and coming. They have the worst Customer Service people I have ver delat with. The place is 100% filthy. I will never stay here again. I was told by Will that it was a new hotel. Belive me folks stay away from this one. It is worst then a run down Days Inn. Even the fitness room was filthy. I was afraid to eat there. The internet connection was terrible and only worked half the time. They truly do not care at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!