“Clean and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1801 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #55 of 115 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Suffolk
“Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Recently stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach and found the hotel to be lovely and clean and comfortable. Fab beach front location and view Of the ocean - even had a sighting of dolphins swimming right in front. Good breakfast selection in a very clean and pleasant environment. Free parking was a bonus!! Thai Restaurant/Take Away right next door on the street side which was excellent and great value for money.

There was some noise all day long from low flying aircraft but this did not disturb us at all, and watching the military trooping along the boulevard early morning was an interesting and unusual sight for a Brit visiting he USA - especially as we were visiting during the anniversary of 9/11.

Would recommend - if aircraft noise is not an issue.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean facing.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
VA Beach, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Overall this Inn is nice and the staff is pleasant. The price was definitely the driving factor and the four star rating. The room was very nice but the television in the room was always blurry. Called the front desk who sent a maintainance man is a resonable time but he was unable to fix. We should have been moved to another room with a working television.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Martinsburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My girlfriend and I booked a room at this hotel a couple weeks in advance because I had stayed at a Country Inn and Suites in Florida and had a good experience. We arrived late the evening of Sept. 6, checking in around 11:00 pm. The room seemed a little old and not the cleanest, but we were tired so we pretty much went straight to bed. About 2:30 am my friend woke me up saying "Oh my god, I just got up to use the bathroom and took my flashlight so I wouldn't waken you and when I shined it on the floor of the bathroom a ton of cockroaches, both large and babies ran in all directions. I shined the light on the carpet by the couch and a bunch more scattered under the couch!" We decided then that we would try to find somewhere else to stay the remainder of the night and the next two days we planned to be there. We didn't want to take a chance of them getting in our luggage or worse yet our beds! Unfortunately everything on the oceanfront was full so we ended up booking a place about 11 miles inland. When my friend called the front desk to tell them about our experience, whoever was working suggested we "leave the lights on and then the roaches wouldn't come out!" We packed our things, checking to make sure we weren't taking anything unwanted with us, and went downstairs to tell them we were leaving, canceling the remainder of our reservation and since we were only in the room from 11pm-3am that we wanted a credit for that night. Although it took an extra trip to their hotel before we left 3 days later to get the charge off my credit card it was taken off. Needless to say, neither of us will stay there again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear griefcounselor,

Thank you for taking the time to a review your our stay with use . In reviewing your response I noticed areas that I consider to be acceptable.

If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics. It would help me to remedy these concerns. Regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard and I will be addressed.

I know you stated the you will not return but I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

Hotel Management
clevelnd, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

the room we got was not cleaned well. there were lots of hairs on the bed. I complained this to GM of hotel he just wrote down and didn't took any action even he never said sorry. Also when I checked in I asked for upgrade and they didn't even tried I know lots of rooms were empty when I checked in even then they didn't gave any option, I am Marriott member as well they are know how to treat there members I stayed there before coming to country inn, I booked studio suite and they upgraded me to 2 room suite that's customer service. you need to learn from them

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Dear Ankit A,

Thank you for taking the time to write to a review regarding your experience at our Hotel . I am sorry that you were disappointed with my behavior and displaying a lack of concern regarding your problem you shared with me regarding your room.

As a consumer, I know how I expect to be treated. I am truly sorry that I failed to provide you with my very best. I did however know that you were an Elite Club Carlson member because of the late check out request earlier that morning, so I did add points to your account after checking out. Also I just wanted inform you that you did receive your free complementary upgrade(standard room to our Jr. Studio Suite) another amenity of being an Elite Club Carlson member. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area. I assure you that we will provide you with our very best on your return visit.

Respectfully,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Free Internet, free parking and free breakfast. Staff are great! I have nothing to complain about this hotel except the carpeting both in our room and along the corridor. It somewhat smells like the wet market in asia. Carpet doesn't do well with the ocean water so I suggest to management/owner to rip out the carpeting and replace it with tiles or just plain concrete and apply nonslip coat to prevent people from slipping.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Bathrooms smelled so bad because of mold on the shower curtain. Found a really long hair on the toilet. Hotel needs to put more effort on cleaning. Employees need training on being courteous and not making customers wait while they are carrying on personal conversations with fellow employees.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear JongL,

Thank you for writing a review about our stay with us. I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay with us.

Your experience with our Country Inn and Suites was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. Our promise is something that we strive to deliver to every guest every day. There is no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in your case. Please accept our apologies.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We came the day off and got a room. Room was nice great view. Very clean and very friendly staff. Our only complaint was the parking garage is very very small. If you have a big vehicle you are going to have a very hard time parking and turning in it. We have an SUV and had a hard time going around the turns. But other than that very nice hotel. Would def stay again. They also have free wifi and breakfast.

Stayed September 2014

Been to Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!