“Awesome Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1801 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #37 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
“Awesome Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We loved staying here with our kids for a spring break get away! Free breakfast in am, cookies and coffee in afternoon. We stayed in an ocean front double queen room and just loved it. Nice indoor pool and gym. Definitely would stay here again. Close to everything and a sweet frog near lobby. Recommend without reservation---great staff, too!

• Stayed April 2014

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Where do I start? Bathroom filthy...urine smell, hair in the floor, used soap in bathtub and to top it off I come to sleep after a long day to only get to listen to a FULL marching band practicing on the hotel lawn!!! I called the front desk and was told they are "working on it" I travel 6 days a week and I have never stayed at a place with such disregard to customer service. Trust me, stay away from here, I am not picky!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
tsgm, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Mgreg651,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us and I sincerely apologize for the substandard condition that you found your room in. We take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness and condition. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously we did not meet those standards. I am also sorry for the way the front desk handled the situation with the marching band. Customer service is one of the most important things to us, our goal is the leave guest with a good memory of their time they spent with us. I ask you that you will allow us another opportunity to provide the type of guest experience that you are accustomed to receiving.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friends and i decided at the last minute to change to the country inn and suites and were glad we did. we got a suite with a nice sitting area, the pool was heated and indoors (it was cold outside), and the beds were very comfortable. The staff at the front desk (Nativia?) were really nice and helpful and made our stay enjoyable. Will stay here again when in town! Thanks!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a gift, we received a two night stay here and our registration fees to the Shamrock. We loved staying here. Everyone was nice, the beds were amazing, the cookies were perfect after running 13.1 miles and the breakfast buffet rivaled ones we've paid for in Vegas. We actually opted to stay one more night due to the great stay we had. Our one hiccup of having no heat in our newly renovated room (I forgot my sandals there on the balcony!) was fixed in no time flat. We really had a great stay here!

Room Tip: Choose the King room with a balcony, you can totally open the window and fall asleep to the waves cr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear SarahandJeff2013

I appreciate you taking the time on posting a comment about your recent stay with us.
I am glad to read that your overall experience was an enjoyable one. I hope that had a great run time. I trust you have found the hotel to stay at when visiting Virginia Beach.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Thurmont, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everyone we encountered on the staff was exceptionally friendly and told us to have a nice day. Room was nice and bed was comfortable. On-site parking garage a plus as well. We were just down for a 2 day getaway and didn't realize it was Yuengling Marathon weekend, but that didn't cause any problems.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nice lobby and large breakfast area with plenty hot/cold food to choose from. Staff was friendly and check in was fast and easy. Room was ok. There was a odor that smelled like incense every time when entering the room. I expected more but was satisfied overall

Stayed February 2014
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear GBoggs:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at with us. I am disappointed to hear that our stay was just ok. I ask for another opportunity to WOW you and make your stay memorable and better than just OK. I want to be your hotel of choice while stay in Virginia Beach.

Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were here over President's Day weekend. The room was nice, oceanfront with a balcony, clean, bright and comfy. There appeared to be no heat in the common areas - hallway, stairwells, etc. and it was COLD when we visited. I would hope these areas are air-conditioned in the summertime.

Be advised that the parking garage is steep and narrow. If you drive anything bigger than a mid-size sedan you will have a challenge in the garage. It's not that you can't get a truck or SUV in there but you won't want to try to park any higher than the 2nd level. What goes in must come out!!

The breakfast food was nasty. We had a choice of DIY waffles with some sort of thick strawberry topping (obviously dumped out of a can but not warmed up), biscuits, bagels, toast, sausage links, sausage gravy, COLD lumpy oatmeal, dry cereal, plain yogurt, mushy apples, oranges, skim milk (no regular milk), OJ, apple juice, water, coffee or tea. I've definitely had better hotel continental breakfasts.

The staff was very nice especially Jackie in housekeeping. She made us feel like family when we were checking out. The front desk staff was very nice also. There was a cookie plate on the front desk but it was always empty and I never saw cookies in it. If they aren't going to fill it, they should remove it.

The indoor pool was warm but the room itself was dark and cold and the towel supply was very limited and often there were no towels available. I understand towels disappear so they have to manage their inventory but there has to be a better way so that all guests can have a dry towel.

Room Tip: I would stay here again but I would avoid using the parking garage.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!