“Awesome place” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #53 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay at this hotel every year breakfast is outstanding every morning. Parking is perfect you can park on the floor your staying on rear exit to the beach staff is very nice pool and hot tub very nice we stayed 4 nights this year looking forward to coming next year .

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed for two nights and found this place wonderful. All of the staff greeted us whenever we saw them which was all the time as the Lobby area was being constantly cleaned to keep the floors free of sand and water. Very polite and professional staff.

We found the room to be very clean and comfortable and everything in good working order. The parking garage was a huge convenience with the ability to park on the same level as your room. That allowed us to keep all of the beach stuff in the car to keep clutter out of the room.

They were also very accommodating with early arrival and late departure by issuing a day pass that allowed access to the common areas of the hotel prior to, and after, checkout. This was a great benefit and allowed us to extend the vacation. We were allowed to leave the car in the garage as well saving us from paying for public parking.

Location is phenomenal. Will definitely stay here when we visit Va Beach again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Tight parking deck, but good to have. Halls on room floors are dark and old. Rooms are laid out well, but shower is low pressure, towels are small, linens feel rough and like they aren't clean, ESP bad covers. Breakfast is pretty basic continental with some hot food (powdered eggs, bacon, waffles, etc), bland tasting. Pool looked ok, but we didn't swim as was in use by younger pre-adults.

• Stayed August 2013
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Rpowelljr,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. At this location , we take great pride in our high standards of condition, cleanliness and service. We use your review to help us make thing better for future guest.
My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to be apart of your family vacation. Once again on behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and apologies for the experience you and your family had with us. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Tony Sierra
757-437-9100
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful location, clean rooms and good staff. This hotel used to be a different brand, the rooms aren't as large as typical Country Inns. Still, they did a fabulous job converting this to a Country Inn and I hope to be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Columbia, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our stay here was the worst that I have ever experienced. The bathroom clearly had not been cleaned in days judging from the dust on the toilet tank and bath ledges, but the worst part of the bathroom uncleanliness was the smashed bug and small clot of blood on the wall of the shower. It was apparent that a female had showered prior to our check in (DISGUSTING).

We viewed 5 different rooms, and they were all equally disgusting. Each room we saw had stained carpets, walls, and bed skirts. In my room, the bathroom floor, sink, and toilet were filthy, the bedroom furniture was dusty, the tile floor in the sitting area was covered in something slippery, and I stepped on something dropped on the carpet by the previous occupants because of poor housekeeping. My tip is to stay at a different hotel unless you don't have a problem with sleeping and bathing among the filth of strangers.

We arrived at the hotel very late and entered the room around 3 a.m. in the morning. We called the front desk immediately to inform them of the issues, and housekeeping was suppose to come clean the next morning. After several discussions with "management?" at the front desk and two days of no housekeeping, the manager of housekeeping come to the room. After seeing the room, she was very nice and apologetic, and she showed us at least 4 other rooms. We come to the conclusion, at this point, that housekeeping was not the only problem with this property, and that the hotel is obviously poorly kept and is in serious need of updating and maintenance.

Although we made several request for management to remedy the issues, we did not receive housekeeping for two days, and when we did, it was mediocre. The front desk manager was rude and kept stating "I can't force you to stay here; you chose to stay here." Knowing full well that we had prepaid for the entire stay and that the payment of $382 x 3 nights + taxes and fees was nonrefundable. At these prices, I expect a certain amount of service and standard of stay, but my family was totally disappointed with this property, it's management and the owners.

The breakfast area was dirty as well. At the very least, I feel that the owners should invest in carpeting and bedding. I was so upset with the room that I found it difficult to enjoy my trip. I expect serenity and comfort when I stay at a hotel on the beach, but it's difficult to relax when my accommodations are not beautiful and clean.

Room Tip: Book and stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear PP:

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your stay at our hotel.
I will be taking your comment and sharing them with our team, so we can learn from your comments to better service our guest. I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations. I am also equally disappointed with my management team which includes myself that we failed to remedy the situation.
On behalf of our entire staff, we would like to thank you for your business and hope that you will give us another opportunity to deliver the service that you and your family deserve. Again I am truly sorry for the experience you encountered. Please feel free to contact me at the number provided below.

Tony Sierra
Hotel Management
757-437-9100
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

It all started when I called the hotel a couple hours before check-in and spoke to a gentleman named Josh (front desk). I told him we arrived early in Virginia Beach and would love the chance of an early check-in. He granted that to us without any issue and we appreciated that gesture profusely after a 16.5 hour drive. Great start! Check-in smooth and Josh was really nice and efficient! 5th floor room was nice (great view). Only a couple tiny down-sides about the hotel was the air Conditionner was loud, but I suppose this is to be expected and could of been in our particular room only. Elevator was a little slow and breakfast line-ups were extremely long the days we were there. But that is not something the hotel can control. So as you can see, small little things that didn't bother us enough to even complain! Our room was RIGHT in front of an elevator, and we DID NOT hear anything, which we loved and appreciated. Pool facility was great (towels a wee bit tiny) so bring your own if possible. There is a lady that helps clean the breakfast area, what a nice woman, always smiling! Loved her attitude, wish I would of tipped her now that I think about it! View was great, beds comfy for hotel standards, parking was fantastic. We appreciated that we can park in the garage on same floor as our hotel room, that was a Bonus, especially for my husband who has a wife that loves to over pack and 2 kids with tons of beach gear!!! Check-out was smooth, checked out with a lovely girl named Amanda. Very friendly and professional and made the stay all the more accommodating!Hope you enjoy your stay at the Country Inn Virginia Beach, we will likely return next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Clarksburg, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel is very clean! Everything that you would want in a place to stay. THE SERVICE IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN. EVERY EMPLOYEE IN EVERY HALL and IN EVERY PLACE SPEAKS AND TALKS LIKE THEY HAVE KNOWN YOU FOREVER! The breakfast is really good and included! The only issue i had was you can not use the balcony as much as you would like because the air conditioning units are on all the balconys and the condinsation runs down and drips on the balconys below.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!