So I stayed here with my DD's 5 and 7, and with my husband for 3 nights. I was a little nervous reading the reviews, because it seemed like they were written by people who only reviewed this hotel. I thought it might be a little sketchy, who are these people? Do they work for the hotel? Etc. Well, my doubts were erased. We had a really good stay.
The location was great. Right in the middle of the boardwalk. Check in was fine, arrived after 4 on a Sunday, so no wait in getting to our room. We got a room on the 7th floor, right between the 2 elevators, and near the door leading to the the garage,which was great. The garage was fine, we have a MDX which had no problem getting in or out.
The room was a decent size. It's very accurate in what's shown on the website. It was clean and comfortable for our family of four. Our bathTUB, did need some work. It was clean, but the caulking job needed to be redone. Almost if it wasn't allowed enough time to dry.
The 2 queens were enough for us, so we didn't need the pull out sofa, so can't comment on its comfort. It was nice that sheets and extra pillows were already in the room, in case we did need to use it. The beds were comfortable, no problems in that department either.
The daily breakfast was nice to have. Saved us from having to buy/bring our own. It was busy each morning, but lines were not very long. They do close up shop right at 10, so make you get in there before then. Cookies(Otis Spunkmeyer?) and coffee in the lobby were a nice touch. At times, they did run out of cookies, but not a big deal.
Pool was eh. Small and dark, and not as clean as I would have preferred. Smelled heavily of chlorine. Didn't stop my kids from jumping in though. They do provide pool towels for their guest.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. Never heard a peep from our neighbors, so that was nice. Beware though, that they do karaoke some of the evenings in their restaurant. All the way til midnight. So if you have little light sleepers, this might be a problem. Even on the 7th floor, we can hear them. Luckily my kids didn't have a problem.
So believe the reviews! I would return here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel! Located on the beach and just steps away from the world-famous Virginia Beach Boardwalk, our hotel provides easy access to the beach, area dining, souvenir shopping, entertainment and more. Every room features spectacular views of the Atlantic ocean along with a private balcony, microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. With its convenient amenities like complimentary hot breakfast, free high-speed wireless Internet access, heated indoor pool, fitness center, oceanfront restaurant, and on-site parking, our oceanfront hotel in Virginia Beach, VA is sure to please leisure and business travelers alike. Come visit us for a fantastic beach vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Carlson, Expedia, Priceline, Groupon, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Country Inn And Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Howard Johnson Oceanfront Resort
- Virginia Beach Howard Johnson Oceanfront
- Howard Johnson Virginia Beach