“Pretty good!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA
“Pretty good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

So I stayed here with my DD's 5 and 7, and with my husband for 3 nights. I was a little nervous reading the reviews, because it seemed like they were written by people who only reviewed this hotel. I thought it might be a little sketchy, who are these people? Do they work for the hotel? Etc. Well, my doubts were erased. We had a really good stay.

The location was great. Right in the middle of the boardwalk. Check in was fine, arrived after 4 on a Sunday, so no wait in getting to our room. We got a room on the 7th floor, right between the 2 elevators, and near the door leading to the the garage,which was great. The garage was fine, we have a MDX which had no problem getting in or out.

The room was a decent size. It's very accurate in what's shown on the website. It was clean and comfortable for our family of four. Our bathTUB, did need some work. It was clean, but the caulking job needed to be redone. Almost if it wasn't allowed enough time to dry.

The 2 queens were enough for us, so we didn't need the pull out sofa, so can't comment on its comfort. It was nice that sheets and extra pillows were already in the room, in case we did need to use it. The beds were comfortable, no problems in that department either.

The daily breakfast was nice to have. Saved us from having to buy/bring our own. It was busy each morning, but lines were not very long. They do close up shop right at 10, so make you get in there before then. Cookies(Otis Spunkmeyer?) and coffee in the lobby were a nice touch. At times, they did run out of cookies, but not a big deal.

Pool was eh. Small and dark, and not as clean as I would have preferred. Smelled heavily of chlorine. Didn't stop my kids from jumping in though. They do provide pool towels for their guest.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. Never heard a peep from our neighbors, so that was nice. Beware though, that they do karaoke some of the evenings in their restaurant. All the way til midnight. So if you have little light sleepers, this might be a problem. Even on the 7th floor, we can hear them. Luckily my kids didn't have a problem.

So believe the reviews! I would return here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors offered a great view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear thuyfairfax,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Country Inn and Suites located in Virginia Beach. I am glad to hear that our experience was pleasant one. I also want to thank you for all the kind words sbout the hotel. I will work on the restaurants karaoke hours for you next year.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Hotel Managment
757-437-9100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Henderson, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I was harassed, intimidated and threatened for 2 full days in this hotel by another guest. I reported each incident to the Front desk staff, who were sympathetic however did not assist me in any way. At my request, I was escorted to and from my room by the security guard, however this guest was 3 rooms down from me and the harassment prevented me from using elevators, the pool, eat breakfast, go to vending machines, etc. I spoke with Toney, the manager by phone who was dismissive, and rude. He stated that this was not the hotels fault and a refund for the 2 days I was deprived of sleep, peace and safety was out of the question.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Dear pusslegut,

Thank you for taking the time to writing a review of your recent stay at The Country Inn and Suites Oceanfront. I am sorry that you were disappointed with my behavior and left you with the impression that my staff and I lacked concern regarding this situation. I would respectfully request the opportunity to speak to you again.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area. I assure you that we will provide you with our very best on your return visit.

Respectfully,

Woodstock, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I booked a room for one night. I paid $355 per night thinking it will be great place. It is terrible and filthy.
The location however is great. You can walk to the beach.

The same brand hotels in India are excellent and 100 times nicer.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Naturallycool,

Thank you for taking the time to writing a review of your recent stay at The Country Inn and Suites Oceanfront. We sincerely apologize for that the hotel did not provide the level of cleanliness. At Country Inn we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we did not meet those standards.

My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you and your family so, you guys can enjoy the great location which using your words “You can walk to the beach”.

Respectfully,

Washington D.C
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for 10 days now. I have a couple of complaints. Let me start with the front desk staff, not all but some staff members have treated myself and have seen them treat others with disrespect. Second the breakfast needs an upgrade, this hotel has about 3 different breakfast variations and after 10 days it gets old. Third the lack of information given by the staff regarding government rates or any other activity around Virginia beach is frustrating. The staff when checking-in knew i was government but never mentioned they participated in government rates. Fourth the cleaning staff are nice and courteous but lack cleaning skills. Our first week stay my wife had to ask for towels and toilet paper multiple times, it got to the point that she asked for a broom and sweeper so she can clean the room her self. In conclusion this hotel charges a high rate but has not offered me a quality stay.

Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I booked a trip here for approximately 150 people and had a very good experience. Trying to please this many people is always difficult, but I really didn't receive any complaints. Check-In was flawless. I have booked many trips in the past for large groups and this was by far one of the most organized staffs I have ever dealt with. We were only here for 2 nights for a cheerleading competition and would definately come back to this hotel if we were to return to Virginia Beach. The only complaint I would have was the private dinner we arranged, the food was not good and it was on the pricey side.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Older hotel with nice updates, cozy beds and great views. Location is great if you want to be right in the middle of the clubs, restuarants and all the action. Staff check in was by FAR the most helpful in Virgina Beach! We did not have reservations and several other hotel's we stopped at were rude and unhelpful.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the top floor!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear SummerJoConner:

We appreciate you taking the time on posting a comment about your recent stay at The Country Inn and Suites Oceanfront.
I am glad to read that your overall experience was an enjoyable one, and thank you for your kind words about the Staff. We work hard to provide the best experience as possible.
The entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites would love the opportunity to have you as a guest once again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Hotel Management
Johnson City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We were here on July 5 and 6th. Check in was quick. The parking in the parking garage was very tight but one good thing you parked on your floor. When we went to our room (5th floor) the door was not locked, due to the faceplate on it was missing a screw. We called the front desk and they told us they could send maintance or move us. I chose to move 3 doors down. BIG MISTAKE. The room was HOT>> We tried to cool it down. We called the front desk and they were a little smart and sayed to make sure the door and everything was closed. Of course it was. We called back and they sent maintance up. The front desk got a little huffy cause we called back. The maintance guy was great he looked at the unit and it was frozen solid. So he said he would like the front desk know we were moving again. Back to the first room, where he quickly fixed the door. The breakfast was ok. Room was a little small but ok. Only sort of problem we occur was a homeless man on the bench on the boardwalk was huffing something, when we reported it to the front desk, I was told "since I didnt see it I can not call the police. "

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!