“Absolutely Superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront

You added Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5700 Atlantic Ave, 57th St & Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Formerly Ramada)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #72 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Carolina
“Absolutely Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We arrived at this hotel on February 21 for a weekend getaway in Virginia Beach. The staff was very courteous and answered all of our questions. We were surprised with an upgraded room. The room far exceeded our expectations and the beds were soooo comfortable which made our weekend even more exciting. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I can't wait to come to stay!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
WyndhamVB, Manager at Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 1, 2010
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your great weekend with us. Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Leicester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

The hotel offers free shutlle to the boardwalk about 5 minutes away, as there are no attractions near the hotel. The hotel restaurant is very nice and the meals are perfect along with the atmosphere, right on the ocean, and the service was great.
Room service, not so much...only one meal out of 5 that didn't get sent back. Room was huge, seperate bed room, w/kitchenette. Cleaning we complained about twice. Came back unexpecting to get camera and the maid was not cleaning but sitting on her cell. After complaining it was perfect..Pools were very nice, 1 in and 1 out. Beautiful clean beach. Far enough away from the boardwalk that it's not crowded. Everyone brings a cooler so don't be shy as this hotel, you can have alot of fun here. The beds are the best part, they are incredible!!!I can not describe, something you must experience for yourself, they are heaven, and worth the whole trip!

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
WyndhamVB, Manager at Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We strive to give the best customer service and appreciate any opportunity to rectify any issues that arise. We're glad you enjoyed your suite and it's cozy beds. Come back soon!
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

We went for a nights stay in december w/ 2 children. From the outside, the hotel looked run-down, but I was pleasantly pleased w/ the newer rennovations being done inside. The rooms are older, but spacious, all the rooms are oceanfront on the boardwalk which is a plus, the pool was heated appropriately for the winter months. Their Wi-Fi internet access was patchy, and parking in the garage was very tight. Overall for the cost of the room, I got about what I expected. Definetly not a 4 star hotel, but great for families on a budget, that like oceanfront rooms.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
LawyerUpinOH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

We stayed the Wyndham in Virginia Beach for a wedding in December of 2009. We have never stayed at a Wyndham, but the bride had arranged rooms for her guests. The hotel was nice and clean; however, it took awhile to get hot water in the morning. We had a gorgeous view of the ocean. The furniture and television looked new.
The business center and gym are well equipped. The room were the wedding was had beautiful chandeliers. All the common areas were clean and staff members were eager to assist.
The wedding was beautiful; everyone loved the food at the reception. The waitresses cleared plates away quickly and were friendly and accommodating especially Michele. She was particularly friendly and helpful in packing up the remaining cake. The bartender, Cindy, also took great care of us. She suggested and made some tasty drinks for us.
The star of the hotel is the bar located in the Surf Club restaurant. While many of our party left for the rehearsal dinner, we decided to check out the restaurant. The decor is beautiful and the view is spectacular. The people sitting around us told us that it is the bartenders that keep them coming back. Jeremy and Dave are friendly and helpful with suggestions for our stay. The clearly know how to keep their customers happy. My only suggestion would be to change the menu. The food was good; however, the menu should included more "bar" food-appetizers, sandwiches, burgers. We were so pleased that we returned; Jeremy remembered what we were drinking and offered us a drink when we sat down.
We will definitely stay at the Wyndham when we return to Virginia Beach.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
WyndhamVB, Manager at Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 27, 2010
Thank you for your review; we’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our recent renovations. I have passed your comments along to Michelle, Cindy and Jeremy, as well as their supervisors, who always appreciate hearing feedback. I've also sent your menu recommendations to the Chef for consideration. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your remarks and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Virginia Beach!
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

Made reservation 8 months prior for full ocean view suite. At a cost of $279.00 a nite. We paid for (4) nites in advance. We drove 12 hours (wife and kids in a car) Our room was above the parking garage. Room filthy and the place was a DUMP !!! Demanded refund and a complete refund.
Do yourself a favor and do your research. This place is 2 miles from the strip and needs serious renovations. Hope I saved you from a disaster vacation that we undured.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
greensburg,pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

Our family lives very near this hotel, so we were happy to get a great rate for three nights over Thanksgiving. We were happy until the first morning when we couldn't get any hot water from the shower, thinking it was a one time problem we stayed. Bad mistake! We never did have any hot water to shower and left the last day saying "never again"! The staff said it was because everyone was showering at the same time, but why did our sink in the bathroom have very hot water? Too bad, since we visit our family 3 or 4 times a year and thought we found the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I thought I was getting a real deal by staying here. I was in Virginia Beach for a friends wedding at the Hilton. I thought that the Hilton was too expensive, however I regret being so cheap. The old saying, you get what you pay for, well I got it twice. They charged my credit card twice and it still has not been cleared-up even today. I cannot warn people enough to STAY AWAY from this place. The weather was bad due to the Nor'easter and I understand that but without electricity for almost one whole day and no one even offered to see it they could help in getting you food, shower, nothing. When I did call the front desk I was told "they were not yet prepared to handle moving guests at this time" they couldn't do anything to help me, but they could charge me twice. I am so angry. Next time I travel to Virginia Beach I will stay away from this place and you should to! My worst experience with a Hotel in my life!!! The restaurant and the staff in the restaurant were good and the food was excellent. The restaurant needs to move away from the hotel. It would be better off! Outside of this, this was a dump!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Been to Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!