“Very clean, great view!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront

You added Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5700 Atlantic Ave, 57th St & Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Formerly Ramada)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #72 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ohio
“Very clean, great view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Our room was very clean, smelled fresh and stayed that way. Room service changed and cleaned everything to the T. I also loved all the bath and body works True Blue Spa line we got replenished daily. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. The only complaint I could come up with is that there was only 1 small trashcan in the room. Other than that...we had a great stay! Will return.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

I've read a few reviews and agree with the negative ones. I bid on Priceline as well and was pleasantly surprised to get a room at the Wyndham for the price I bid. It was definitely NOT what I expected - especially from a hotel carrying the name of Wyndham! Me and my best friend drove all the way from Michigan to celebrate our 30th birthdays. We arrived at about 10 pm and it took a while before the front desk staffmember was able to fumble around to get us a room. When we went to check into our 1st room, housekeeping hadn't even been there yet. The beds were unmade, there was a pile of dirty towels in the closet area and it wasn't even oceanview. I understand that oceanview wasn't guaranteed with Priceline but I was told it probably wouldn't be a problem only a few days before our check in date when I had called the hotel to confirm my reservation. Turns out there was a wedding that same weekend. Who plans a wedding at the last minute and doesn't book out a block of rooms??? I would guess that the hotel already knew this and just blatantly lied to me. When we went to complain and check into our 2nd room, the night manager was a class-act JERK. The second room we got wasn't much better than the first. When my friend went to turn down her bed, there were crumbs in the bed. The bathroom was gross - there was still dried urine on the seat! The curtains had what appeared to be dried vomit and were dirty. The lampshades were all torn up. The tub didn't drain. We immediately checked out the next morning. We probably would've left once we saw the second room if it weren't for the late hour. The manager the next morning was only slightly better and there was even another woman waiting to speak with him about her horrible experience! We ended up on the south end of the boardwalk at the new Hampton Inn which was spectacular!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
jbkane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

The view of the hotel was absolutely gorgeous and the hotel and in a quiet area.....these are the only nice things i could say about the hotel. Normally on business, I stay with Wyndham and have never had problems until this hotel. The hotel staff was rude, the hotel was dirty and the wi-fi connection was not in working order.
After attempting to fix the problems numerous times with the staff, I spoke with the manager who was just as rude and clueless as his employees.

Wyndham corporate was notified and are correcting the problems. Hopefully they will get everything straightened out because the view at this hotel is breathtaking. .

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Deep South
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I booked my room via priceline.com for $110/night...then found it was at the Wyndam. On priceline, you bid and then you find out the name of the hotel. Well, I was pleased until I started reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Some reviews were downright lousy. I don't mind putting up with some things but lack of cleanliness isn't one of them. Anyway, we arrived and found that the hotel was pretty nice. Much better than expected, actuallly. The room was clean and didn't have a musty smell like some beachfront properties do. FYI, I asked for a room upgrade to an ocean view and was granted it without any issues for no additional charge. The room had 2 queen beds and all of the basics to include a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean and decent sized. We also had a balcony (as do all of the oceanfront rooms) with 2 plastic chairs and a small table (plastic but nice to have instead of nothing at all). Staff was very friendly and courteous to us the 4 days we were there. The hotel is located about 20 blocks north of the "main area" but it was nice for us to get away from the college scene late at night. If you don't have a car, they do have a hotel shuttle that runs from 10am to 10pm. The indoor and outdoor pools were well maintained and the restaurant had outdoor, oceanview tables (didn't eat at the restaurant though). B/C the hotel didn't have any surrounding hotels (next closest hotel is about 20 blocks south), the beach arond the hotel was pretty much empty except for the hotel guests and some of the locals and house renters in the area of the hotel. That made it nice for some of the families with kids(kids wouldn't get lost in a crowd) and nice for the guests who didn't have famlies (not too noisy and crazy like the main beach scene). Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again. FYI, more than enough parking which you will NOT find in the center of Virginia Beach hotels.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

We arrived today at check in time after paying for the room in advance to find it unavailable. We were offered another lesser expensive room until the manager comes in on Monday to determine if we will be able to get a refund for the difference. After finally checking into a room, it's now 5:00 PM., we found the sheets and comforter dirty with crusty. We are still sitting in the room waiting for the houskeeping staff and it is after 7:00. The staff arrived at 7:25 and changed the sheets for us. He tried to make us comfortable. .

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Wherever the Army sends us
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

I'm very surprised by a lot of the negative reviews. We just had our Wedding here a few weeks ago and it was absolutely perfect. If you are planning a function here, talk to Jane, she is AMAZING! We had to plan our wedding ourself due to the cost of a Wedding Planner these days and she was a great resource. We wanted to have the wedding outside on the sand and she helped us make all the arrangements and even helped us with back up plans in case it rained (which it did earlier in the day, but we ended up having the ceremony on the back patio anyway!) There was also an issue with one of the restaurant staff leaving in the middle of our planning and Jane stepped right in and took care of everything for us. The staff there are very friendly and do try to accomodate you. The Hotel is older, so no, not everything is pristine, there is definitely some wear and tear here, but everything in our room was very clean and very comfortable and being able to fall asleep to the sound of the waves is priceless. With most of the other hotels, you will be dealing with the boardwalk and all of the people on it right outside your window. The food at the restaurant is really good and I definitely recommend the french toast for breakfast. Drinks are a little high priced, but not so much for a hotel, it's to be expected, just be careful if you're on a budget.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

Pros: Great View, Private Beach

Cons: Dirty Rooms, Far from all the attractions such as restaurants and bars.

I took my wife here for a weekend getaway and booked the room for half a Benjamin from Priceline.com. That was steal considering the room typically goes for $120+ per night for an oceanview. For what I paid I could live with condition of the room, hence my 3 star overall rating. If you are to pay the normal price, I'd say it's not worth it. You might as well book a hotel room closer to the boardwalk for the same price.

The biggest selling point was the private beach and the view was absolutely priceless.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!