“Beautiful ocean view!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Quarters Resort

Save Saved
You added Beach Quarters Resort to your Saves list
Beach Quarters Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   501 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Formerly Clarion)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #72 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful ocean view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at this resort through Interval International November 10-17th. All the rooms in this hotel have balconies overlooking the ocean and boardwalk, Our room was a condo which could sleep up to six but we felt that it was best for 2 people. The condo consisted of a bedroom with two double bed, living area with a sofa, arm chair and dining table for two, plus a very smaill kitchenette area which included a full size refrigerator, small dishwasher, two burners, sink, and small counter area with cabinets.The kichen was well stocked with dishes, glasses and cookware for up to six people. There was a flat screen tv in the living room and another one in the bedroom.Our unit had one bathroom with a dressing area.
The beds were very comfortable and there were plenty of blankets and towels. Since this is a timeshare resort there was a midweek cleaning. Additional cleaning is available for a fee. There was an indoor and outdoor pool. Since it was November only the indoor pool was open, as well as the indoor jacuzzi. There were plenty of acitvities at the resort, but we did not paricipate in them as we were busy walking on the beach and boardwalk, shopping and visiting nearby museums. Some restaurants were closed for the season and some were open. You only have to drive a few minutes to reach additional shopping and restaurants.
We were very happy with the Beach Quarters and would definetly return someday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Bluefield, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. Staff was friendly, courteous, and efficient. Parking garage was nice but maybe tight. Ample supplies for the kitchen. Private balcony. Two beds and living room with pull out bed. TV in both rooms, one with a dvd player. The only thing I have a problem with is no free wi-fi. Most every where now offers free wi-fi at Myrtle Beach or any state you visit for personal or business. I read also where there was a 1.00 a day use of the inroom hotel safe never heard of such. My youngest sister paid on her credit card then we split the cost. I had my own internet and my other two sisters used their modern cell phones. The acess to the place across the street was nice. I felt the rooms were clean and had no problems with the staff. The bath may have been tight but I haven't been to a place yet that hasn't been. I am a frequent visitor of Mytle Beach. We came down in Oct. off season. My disappointment was not much shopping and restaurants as at Myrtle Beach. But we enjoyed our stay and the service was excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hawley, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed in the one bedroom at this location on a timeshare trade and found it to be well under par. I also understand that they rent units here, hence the review. The unit was very, very small. It was basically a glorified hotel room. They advertised the unit as sleeps four. Well the configuration of the room does not support that. First of all you enter the unit right into the bedroom, which by the way contains 2 full sized beds. I really don't want to share my bedroom with my friends. One morning I was in the hallway, getting ready to enter my room. There was a hotel employee in the hallway with me. When I opened my door,my husband was in the bedroom getting dressed. How embarrasing, since the employee could see right into the bedroom. The parking here is atrocious. Do not take a large car here, you will hit the sides of the parking garage when you turn to change floors. There are scrapes of paint all along the supports of the garage where people have hit. Ugh... The furnishings in the room were also very hotel like, very utilitarian. The kitchen so small it was virtually unusable. NIce convection/microwave oven, but no instructions on how to use it. The table in the kitchen only seats two, so if there are four people where do you all sit. The noise here is crazy. The tennis court and shuffleboard court sit on top of the garage. This happens to be right alont the hallway that lead to the rooms. Well at 11:20 one night, some teenagers decided to go and play there. The noise reverberating against all that concrete woke us up. We had to get security to tell them it was time to leave. The planes from the military bases around there also fly directly over this property. Not too bad if it is during the waking hours, but at 6 am it gets very loud. I can go on and on about how awful this property was, but I guess you get the idea. Do not stay here!! I only have one good thing to say about this property. The view was fantastic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Had a King room with Jacuzzi which was great. 7th floor room was immaculately clean and we had a nice balcony overlooking the boardwalk, beach and ocean. We were provided plenty of quality linens and had a nice little kitchen with microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Having read many complaints about parking, we didn't find it to be as bad as indicated, We were in an SUV and the corners were a little tight but we didn't have any problems maneuvering around them. Just take it slow and you'll be fine. Mary, the front desk agent was really friendly and accommodating. We will definitely stay at this hotel again. We've stayed at several other hotels on previous trips to VA Beach and found this to be the only one we would revisit.

Room Tip: Make sure and request a room at or above the 5th floor for the best view of the beach and ocean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I had a weekend stay here, and we had several issues. We had a Jacuzzi room, which was nice, but a bit awkward because the front door opens into the bathroom. The room itself was immaculately clean, no complaints there, but we wanted a separate Jacuzzi tub and shower. If you can handle having mirrors on all 3 sides in the shower, have at it. The biggest problem was the parking garage. If you have anything bigger than a Tonka truck, save yourself the trouble and pay to park across the street. I managed to scrape my Prius all the way down the side of the exit because some jerk flew past me and I thought he was going to hit me. The hotel maintains no liability for damages in the parking garage, so I had to pay out of pocket to fix it. There was minor construction on the first floor, but it wasn't a hassle. Overall, I won't recommend this place to anyone, nor will I stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We visited mid October and the weather was lovely. The room we had was a one bedroom with a traditional bathroom, unlike what earlier reviewers found. It was the size of a typical suite hotel room, with 2 full beds, tiny kitchen and cozy living room.
The kitchen has a full size fridge, 2 burner cook top and a micro/convection oven. Tightly packed but all you would need. The rooms were a perfect size for a couple, but it would not be comfortable for 6. There is a table by the balcony, so 2 can eat watching the dolphins.
We did not use the pool, but the fitness room center overlooking the ocean would make anyone want to exercise.
The parking lot is a ramp style, with tight spaces, no problem for our small SUV. Just be alert at the turns.
All the suites are oceanfront, so that is a big plus. Restaurants are nearby, as are some good grocery stores.
The staff throughout was friendly, but luckily we did not need to call on anyone, as everything in our unit was functioning well. No complaints.
Yes, you can hear the planes not too far away, but they are not much worse than that heard near an airport, and far less frequent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We exchanged for this resort 9-22 to 9-27-12..Overall the place is in good shape..Lots of linens,clean and courtious people....The kitchen is tiny tough..Wouldnt want to cook much in there..The design of the building makes for allot of walking to get in/out if your on the other side of the elevators.....
They are trying to sell weeks so when you check in they bug you and every 5 blocks there is someone buging you to arrange a visit to their other timeshares....Gets old quick..

Room Tip: Stay close to the elevators to avoid long back and forth walks.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Quarters Resort? Share your experiences!