“Fair Management” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Virginia Beach Lynnhaven

You added Knights Inn Virginia Beach Lynnhaven to your Saves list
Knights Inn Virginia Beach Lynnhaven
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   804 Lynnhaven Parkway, Virginia Beach, VA 23452 (Formerly Wynnwood Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #98 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
North Reading, Massachusetts
“Fair Management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had an issue regarding a reservation with this hotel and was almost charged for a night that I did not stay there. However, after speaking with staff twice and finally a manager, the issue was cleared up and I was not charged. The managers names was Ela and she was very helpful. I did not stay at the hotel so I cannot speak to the actual hotel, but the manager was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend because it was a host hotel for a bowling tournament. I travel often for business and when the front desk person told me to check the room and if there was a problem let him know in the first 15 minutes I should have known it was sub par. The room itself was not bad, it is an older motel and has not been updated ~ I can really live with that - we were there for a bowling tournament and we spend very little time in our rooms. What really got me the most was the fact that when we got to our rooms on Sunday night at midnight our room had not been cleaned. We had no clean towels. We went to the front desk (which this late is at night is a plexi glass window) and asked for clean towels...we were told that they didn't have any. When we asked why our room wasn't cleaned we were told it is cleaned every other day and that this is normal hotel practice (ummm...NO its not). We were told to come back the next morning at 8 and the manager would be there. I was waiting in the lobby at 8am..no manager but the front desk guy did go to some other rooms and get us towels. When we checked out on Monday morning we asked to speak with the manager or owner - we were given the run around even though he was behind the wall in the office (another in our group saw him 10 minutes before). I left my name and number for a phone call...obviously customer service is not important because it is June 7th and I am still waiting for a call. I will NEVER stay here again - I would rather sleep in my car and bring my own towels...

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011 via mobile

We checked in and checked right out. First off this is a motel, and it's claim to be clean and affordable is an out right lie. It's cheap for sure. For starters only one of the three lights in the room cut on. Security chain for door was broken. Air condition was broke. Wall paper peeling up. Hair found in bath tub and towels. Black something was in between the sheets. Blood stain on box springs and they were filthy. Run for your life !!!!!

• Stayed June 2011
Kimberly B, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Virginia Beach Lynnhaven, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
We are sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay. It is extremely regrettable that we did not achieve that goal. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this experience may have caused.. Your comments will be reviewed with our staff to determine a better way to avoid these circumstances from happening again. .Your frustration is completely understandable. It is with great regret that we could not accommodate you that night. .
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011 via mobile

This is the most horrible place I have EVER stayed in! If u care about where you lay your head you will not stay here! As soon as I walked into my room it smelled horrible! There was hair still in the bathtub, wifi service did not work along with the remote control. Weird & strange people walking around. Around 7am they started pressure washing my door & window (where I was woken up). No previous notice of this. Water was coming in the door through the huge gap at the bottom even though the door was closed. Floor was soaking wet! Employees were extremely rude & could barely speak ENGLISH! They came knocking on door before checkout! My boyfriend opened door standing behind it (not really dressed after being woke up) told them he was not dressed & to hold on, not knowing what they wanted. They continued to push door open while he was trying to close it until he had to yell at them to stop. He was in boxers!!!! These employees are idiots! Not only was it a horrific experience my boyfriend woke up with bug bites all over him. Left room to get breakfast (not at hotel...since we were already awake after this nonsense) & came back ready to pack our things to find out our key did not work! Went to front desk & was told they sprayed the room for bugs (which never happened I had my dog and belongings in room) & was not allowed a new key to get my things. Told me we had to wait until tomorrow because there was no manager to talk to till tomorrow. After arguing with stupid desk clerk about why someone said they sprayed this room when they didnt & that it is none of my concern to take it up with someone else she finally gave us a key so we could get our belongings & dog! My advice is to you is to PLEASE do not stay here! Do not give them a single dime! This place is the ulimate worst. Wouldnt send my worst enemy to stay here!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Worst hotel we have ever stayed at. Very dirty. We paid for three people and they only gave us two towels and we had to ask for them every morning. They did not clean the room at all. There were hairs all in bathroom. Toilet had not been flushed when we got there. Bugs were everywhere. Had to use a wrench to turn the microwave on. The fridge did not work. Only had warm water and that didn't last very long. The people at the front desk were very rude about evrything. Said they just work there. There were very scary people roaming outside of our room all night. We asked to get our sheets change after three days and they handed some to us and said here. Will never stay here again. We have reported how bad this hotel is.

• Stayed August 2010
Radford, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

My husbad had an mma Fight in the area after driving 7 hours we pulled into this hotel, we hade our chihuahua, two boys (5 and 3) and it was located right next to chucke cheese with private room entrances, we thought perfect....were we wrong. We checked in around 5 pm took our stuff to the room and left to venture around the mall and grab some dinner we arrived back at our room around 9pm to find alot of suspicious people around the buildin (drug dealers,prostitutes,drug addicts...ect) apparantly its not something out of the normality for that area we later discovered...anyways back to the room we had no towels and no blankets, the "FREE" cable and internet was down all night.We then went down to the drink machine to get a drink paid 1.25 for a 20oz soda and it came out half empty with the safety ring already broken. We went back into the room to discover our 4pnd dog had found a used CONDOM under the bed . I was disgusted we went to check out and was told we could not have our money back we would have to wait till 10am to see the manager...Yeah never happend. Did I mention I also notice like in other reviews on this page that everything was unplugged in our room too!!! This place was wierd and Im glad we got out a live the people who worked there are rude and must live in filth themeselves to run their hotel like this. I am in the process of complaining to the BBB and reporting them to the health inspectors in the area. Dont take your family here the only thing this place is good for is roadkill storage!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Ortonville, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

My child and I checked out 3hrs. after arriving, after we checked in I took a shower and came out to find bugs on my sleeping child!! I packed back up and put my little one in his car seat, went to the desk and demanded a refund. I manager didn't even act suprized, he didn't even look at the dead bugs I had brought to him wrapped in a tissue!! I am now praying that I didn't bring any home with me!!!! The place had noisey pipes and was not clean, but we had driven a long way and I thought it would be okey for one night, I learned different!! This place needs to be shut down!!! and burned with everything inside! MW

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Virginia Beach Lynnhaven? Share your experiences!