After making a last minute decision to take a trip to VA Beach for a one-day getaway, the hubby and I had a hard time finding a hotel. We literally drove down the strip, from hotel to hotel, asking if there were any vacancies (we arrived at the beach around 5pm on a Saturday). None of the "nicer" hotels had openings for their overpriced $3-500 rooms (per night!).
We did want to stay oceanfront, if possible, and our only other requirement was that the room be clean. We both agreed that we weren't going to stay at the many seedy, older motels that had been on the strip since the 1950's.
As I was getting very tired of getting in/out of the car to ask about hotels' "Vacancies" signs (which, we learned, was only a marketing ploy to get people in the door to send them to their more expensive sister hotels/resorts!), we decided to try this EconoLodge, as we were running out of options.
I ran in, the very nice front desk person said they had 2 rooms left. I asked for a tour, and was pleasantly suprised to see a very clean, cool, well-accomodated room, with an oceanfront balcony! We took it.
The weekend price was between $250-$275 (steep, but it was do-able for us). We were very pleased upon checking in with the assisted and free parking, free bike rental (included in room price), room coffee maker, fridge, microwave, continental breakfast and a heated outdoor pool. Perfect accomodations for us no frills type.
The staff was all extremely friendly, professional and every inch of the place was in good repair, smelled clean, and was spotless. The decor was dated, but clean, the beds comfortable, and our room had a flatscreen TV.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again, it's no resort (but doesn't have a resort price, either), and it's no old scary motel. It's a great value and nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our 56 rooms are 100% Oceanfront with private Balcony/Patio. FREE indoor garage parking (One Parking Space per Room). Indoor heated Pool.FREE delux continental breakfast. FREE Wi-fi, 32 Inch Falt screen TV with HBO1 and HBO2. All rooms equiped with Micro-Fridge, Coffee maker, Iron and Ironing Board, Hair Dryer and Alarm Clock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Hotwire so you can book your Econo Lodge Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Econolodge Virginia Beach
- Econo Lodge Oceanfront Virginia Beach
- Econo Lodge Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Econo Lodge