If you like a dirty, musty/smokey smelling hotel room at the Oceanfront then ask for Room Number 335. You can also find ants crossing the threshhold to the bathroom. The bed was so soft that we both woke up with back aches. The toilet bowl is exceptionally low to the floor and the water level is very high. This is a very old, worn out property. (Beware that they the desk clerk will photocopy your driver's license. I have stayed consistently at VA BCH Oceanfront properties since 1990 and no other hotel, that I have stayed in, has this security policy to copy your driver's license.Ask for the copy back when you check out to preclude ID Theft.) One night at this Econo Lodge is more then we could stand. The weekend was saved with a stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, 2501 Atlantic Avenue (757.491.6222). The difference was $32.00 more for Saturday night. Also, I paid, $30.00 less for Sunday night. It is very hard for me to believe that the reviews written were composed by actual hotel guests (vice owners/employees).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Econo Lodge on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge On The Ocean Hotel Virginia Beach
- Econolodge Virginia Beach
- Econo Lodge Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Econo Lodge