We chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and are glad. Not sure if there's another VA Beach hotel whose architecture ensures ocean-front views; when we go to the beach we want to be able to sit on balconies and admire the ocean. Not all hotels can guarantee a room with a view will be available.
The hotel's boiler went out during our initial travel date and the staff was excellent about letting us know immediately. We rescheduled about a month later and were very lucky in traveling a January weekend with 70 degree weather! They were doing some other repairs, which did not affect our positive experience.
The rooms are moderately sized and definitely have a budget feel, although there is a safe as well as fridge and microwave. The small flat screen TV has about 70 channels, and we were able to access WiFi in the rooms each day. The toiletries include shampoo and hand lotion. We could hear babies crying and loud voices in other rooms, and traffic is close by, but at night the hotel was fairly quiet (due in part to offseason). The front desk staff were excellent. Didn't try the free continental breakfast.
Tiny nits are the lack of a screen on the balcony door and windows, and the electrical outlet for the bed is behind the bed and hard to reach (for using a laptop on the bed). And there are no elevators, which was not a problem for us.
Will stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge On The Ocean Hotel Virginia Beach
- Econo Lodge On The Ocean Hotel
- Econolodge Virginia Beach
- Econo Lodge Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Econo Lodge
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Olotels, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Econo Lodge on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.