“Perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge on the Ocean

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge on the Ocean to your Saves list
Econo Lodge on the Ocean
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2707 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
Ocean City
“Perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

From the moment I pulled into the parking lot, until the moment I left this hotel, I had a completely 100% positive stay.
There's no bells-and-whistles here, just a clean, comfortable, friendly beachfront resort hotel.
As I explored Va Beach during my stay, I actually felt sorry for those who may have chosen one of the high end, high-rise, high-ticket hotels along the beachfront. I thought about them when I was able to just walk out of my ground-floor room directly onto the boardwalk and beach, or just sit on my patio and relax, and probably for a third of what they were paying.
Obviously, people look for different things in a hotel while on a vacation (I was on a one-day getaway). For me, it supplied a perfect, relaxing experience.
Centrally located amid the 'action', it was an easy walk to many shops and restaurants.
One other thing needs to be noted: The staff was as friendly and helpful as you could ever imagine. From the front desk to housekeeping, everyone seemed to want to help you have a good stay. They seemed to take pride in their hotel, as they should. It's a winner.
Heated pool; free bikes; and free (basic) continental breakfast.
We are already looking forward to our next visit - and a longer stay - next time.

(Here's a tip: You can easily turn your basic, comfortable room into a fine-dining restaurant. There's a Harris-Teeter right around the corner. Go shopping there, get creative on the microwave, and have a gourmet lunch on your patio. If you're with someone you love, don't forget the candle!)

Room Tip: Need a view of the beach? Ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor. The ground floor has an amazing view of the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Luray
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Econo Lodge for the Neptune Festival! The room was clean and attractive and oceanfront. Each staff member was helpful and very welcoming. One staff member moved a cone so we could park close to the building late in the evening, and the next morning he offered to carry our luggage to our car. The breakfast was a good start to the day, and we didn't have to go out. Art at the front desk was knowledgeable and fun to talk to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel and our room where very clean.Employees where pleasant and very helpful. Morning breakfast was a fast way to start your day with juice, bagels, Danish, coffee, cereal, and more. It was wonderful waking up to the ocean. The only bad thing was jets flying very frequently were very,very noisy. But that was not their fault.

Room Tip: We chose a third floor room so we would not hear people above us.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clemmons, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at this motel and had best stay on virgnia beach. My room had great ocean view and I enjoyed our stay there, had great FREE breakfast and clean rooms.Staff working there was excellent and frendly. Swimming pool was clean and heated. I will be back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here a few months ago but unfortunately have not had the chance to make a Tripadvisor review until now. This was the best Econo Lodge experience I have ever had. Their parking lot is the perfect size and the rooms are nice, clean, and comfortable. You can literally walk out your back door and just a few steps onto the beach. There was a safe in the room, and a very cold fridge/freezer. Every employee we ran into was incredibly nice, and the man working front desk let us keep the car in the lot before we checked in/after we checked out so we could enjoy more time on the beach. The only complaint I had was that breakfast was a little bit sparse but it was acceptable, considering most oceanfront hotels do not even offer breakfast in the rate. I would love to stay here again sometime soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom floor, so you can just walk to the beach.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I selected this hotel based on the reviews. and the review were right. Great location right on the beach. When you check in you will see a wall full of awards. Now I know why. Nice FREE breakfast. But the one thing is the staff, Everybody had a smile and were as friendly as could be. I'll be back

Room Tip: All the rooms are beach front. I think there are only about 35 rooms so you will never be over-run...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Friendly & professional staff, and that was everyone, not just the front desk crew.

Rooms are clean, quiet, oceanfront, get tremendous morning light but have superb near-blackout curtains if you want to sleep past dawn.

You can pay a lot more in Virginia Beach for lodging (and it's a roll of the dice, because even some of the pricey places don't get you what you paid for). You can pay a lot less (and get really bad accommodations).

The Econo Lodge is a really superb little hotel on the ocean.

Things that stood out:
room refrig worked great & the temp was actually adjustable! unlike so many room fridges that are obviously in need of replacement;
clean, this place was so clean;
the free beach cruiser bikes for guests to use - - awesome;
only steps to the beach;
walk to many restaurants, or take the bikes;
good, friendly people who want to help out.

I recommend this hotel & I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have lots of 'stuff' to carry, you may want to select a ground floor room. This hote...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge on the Ocean? Share your experiences!