“I could not have asked for a better "home base" for my marathon!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Savage, Maryland
“I could not have asked for a better "home base" for my marathon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I established a reservation at Holiday Inn Oceanside for the Shamrock Marathon.

EVERY person on staff I met, whether at the front desk, in the restaurant, or part of the engineering crew, was friendly, supportive, and understanding.

The room was spotless. I travel frequently for marathons, and I have been to a lot of hotels, and only a handful of those rooms even came close to how clean my room was here.

I had breakfast at the in-house restaurant, and the food was fantastic! The selection was excellent, and there were enough vegetarian options for me to have a hearty meal! That afternoon, they hosted a pasta dinner buffet for the runners, and that food was excellent! Again, they had enough vegetarian options that I was able to stuff myself!

I intend to return for the next Shamrock Marathon next year, and will likely run the Rock 'N' Roll Half in September. In both cases, I will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Every room faces the ocean. You can't lose. My room was straight-up cozy!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
It is great to hear from a fellow runner. Thank you for the great comments and keep in mind we would love to see you anytime you feel like running. Maybe, a little less wind next time but you can not beat the view while you run. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We allways stay here when we head south and return north.
We always are welcomed by the front desk person and feel like we are a local. After a walk on the best board walk on the east or west coast of USA, we stop at the lounge and grab a quick bite and libation with Pauli he is always smiling and also make us feel at home

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean side so all rooms are great
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
I have always enjoyed being your stop on the way north and south of us. I agree, we have one of the best boardwalk's on any coast and this hotel is located in the middle of all of the action. From any room in the hotel you have a great view of the beach, waves, dolphins and navy ships going out to sea or returning home. Hope to see you soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have never seen a hotel staff get along as well as they do here. The service is excellent. Everything and everybody is very neat and clean. A good bonus is that everyday is an airshow. I wouldn't mind moving in.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thanks for the great comments and we would love for you to move in as well. We do have some guests staying for a couple weeks at a time and have given them very reasonable rates. Just an idea and have a super day. Thank you for picking us.
Churchville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean !The staff was wonderful and very helpful !!They knew the best places to eat !I loved having a balcony to watch the ocean !!Very soothing for the soul I say !!I loved walking the board walk !! I enough put my feet in the ocean didn't matter it was in Nov. Will go there again for a great get away!

Room Tip: Higher up to get a better view of the ocean
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for the outstanding feedback about the hotel and staff. This weekend will be in the 50's/60's with the sun shining which is what we are looking forward to. A lot of the local businesses are planning to open with value added packages along with the Spring packages we offer that include breakfast and other goodies. Hope to see you soon so you can warm up at the beach.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Took my boyfriend to Virginia beach for his birthday. I've never been there before, and once I got there, it shocked me. The ocean front view is amazing! Staff was pleasant, and everything was clean!I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a getaway.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for the great reviews and I do agree the views are outstanding no matter what time of year you decide to look. Do not forget to check out our value added packages so that you can save some money on your next trip to the beach. Hope to see you soon.
Petersburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The hotel was very, very nice. Obviously newly renovated. The staff was excellent and looked to help us with every need or question we had, and we had many. February at the beach isn't exactly prime time but we found out from them that there still was plenty to do and we took advantage of their recommendations. The manager, Onur, was really great and took good care of us.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a corner executive suite and it was beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thanks for the great comments about the hotel and staff. There are always things to do in this area even if the temperature does not want to rise above 80. March is here and the temp's will be improving and the events around the beach increase but prices do not. The views are always great no matter the time of year. Hope to see you soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Great time of year to stay at this hotel if you just want to get away to relax! It was 60 degrees and sunny. This hotel has a great staff, whom are very friendly and helpful. I have to thank Verisis (front desk clerk) for going out of her way for me. B4 we left we wanted to print out directions avoiding tolls and I couldn't have done it without her help. Thank you Verisis.

• Stayed February 2014
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for the great comments about the hotel and most of all one member of our staff. She will be thanked with a gift card in order to show everyone the importance of treating all guests as members of our extended family. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!