“A keeper” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Medina, Ohio
“A keeper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great location. Typical difficult Virginia Beach parking. Nice clean room with a great view of the ocean. Right on the beach. Did not try the onsite restaurant. Indoor pool is small. Would visit again.

• Stayed August 2013
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thanks for the comments and for being called a "Keeper" we agree. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I got married outside of the Holiday Inn Oceanside on the oceanfront, the morning of July 27th. We couldn’t have picked a better hotel to stay at for our ceremony. The Front Desk Manager, Onur Verisis was wonderful!. He worked with us to get us all into a block at a discounted rate, he allowed for our chairs to be stored at the front desk (we only had 12 guests but still more chairs than we wanted to store in our room), and he made sure all of our party had rooms were on the same floor.

The hotel itself is nice and clean in an awesome location. The shower didn’t drain as fast as I would have liked, but that always happens at an oceanfront hotel with everyone showering when they get back from the beach.

The staff at the Holiday Inn Oceanside was wonderful. Everyone was helpful and extremely customer focused and you could tell the staff enjoyed their jobs.

We had a couple small issues -shower needed to be cleaned when we checked in, the room had a drip noise and the housekeeper accidently broke some body scrub when it was knocked off the counter – I tell you these things not to complain, because every hotel is going to have small issues like these, the key to a good hotel is how they’re handled…and the Holiday Inn Oceanside handles their issues promptly and like professionals. As I was planning our wedding I learned that customer service and pride in one’s work is a rarity these days, not so with the Holiday Inn Oceanside. They take pride in their work and have a customer service that is rare and refreshing these days.

Thank you Onur and everyone else at the Holiday Inn Oceanside for helping provide an awesome stay for our ceremony weekend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you and congratulations. Everyone here at the Oceanside Holiday Inn wishes you the best of everything. Hope to see you soon.
Prince George's County, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed here for a church conference in August. Beautiful property and rooms. Small parking lot but at least complimentary parking is offered. There is another lot within a short walking distance. Located on the the ocean front side with all rooms oceanfront. Check in and check out were a breeze. Room amenities were great. Air Conditioner in a horrible location, blows directly onto bed and sitting area. It should have been on the other side of the room/balcony to avoid getting patrons sick. If the air isn't on, it's hot so the air stayed on 95% of the trip. Again, it was August. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was horrible in customer service, meal choices and meal portion. The buffet was hot so I opted to order from the menu. It took well over 15 minutes to be acknowledged by the server. And when I asked another server for a cup of water, he told me the area I was seated in wasn't his. Excuse me! I should have left then but I had a free meal voucher. I was very disappointed with that whole experience but let the issue go. Go off the property for a decent breakfast. There are plenty within walking distance. I was just being lazy that day. I enjoyed Doc Taylor's about a 2 block walk away. The conference rooms are very small but nicely appointed. Despite the food and AC issues, I would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront. The suites are about double the size of the standard room. Unfortunately...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your trip to our hotel during August. We are in the process of addressing the issues you have raised and want to thank you for bringing them to our attention since that is the only way we can improve hotel operations. Again thank you for the nice comments as well as the constructive ones.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I arrived at Holiday Inn Oceanside in Virginia Beach, on August 7th, and planned to stay through the 12th. This trip was our annual summer vacation destination and this was the 6th year in a row for us staying at this particular hotel. Upon arriving, I found out that there were 3 different hotel reservations under my name with different arrival dates. I had explained to the front desk representative, Verisis, that I had originally reserved 2 rooms for my family and others back in February or March for the week of July 24th-July 29th, and had called 4 days before that scheduled arrival to cancel because I wasn't going to be able to come during that week. The representative that I had talked to at that time--I didn't get his name and hate that I forgot to get that info, nevertheless, told me that there were no reservations whatsoever under my name for the week in question. I even spelled my name for him letter by letter, and he still told me that there was nothing under my name for that hotel for that particular week. So, I took his word instead of documenting the details of our phone call, and left the situation alone. Now, 2 weeks later when my family and I are finally checking in on August 7th, I found out that those 2 reservations that I had tried to cancel 2 weeks before and was told had never existed, actually did exist and that there was a total of 3 different authorization holds on my debit card. Aaaah!!!!! In a world of panic, Verisis reassured me that the mistake would be taken care of and that the 2 additional holds on my card would be released. Not only did she take care of us during our check-in, but she also provided me with a lovely gift bag with goodies in it for being a rewards card member. Our rooms at Holiday Inn Oceanside are always pleasant--we love the new décor, and the hotel is smack dab in the middle of everything Virginia Beach has to offer. Verisis was awesome--she went above and beyond my expectations and helped me out during my time of need. If I could give her a raise, I definitely would. We will be back! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments about the hotel and Verisis at our front desk. We are pleased that your reservation issues were cleared up by Verisis and you had a great vacation. We love having our repeat guests give feedback about their stay and share all of the information with the entire team in order to improve service and quality for every guest. Again, thank you and hope to see you next year.
Aldan, Pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Before I go on to the negatives of our recent stay I want to say that the hotel was in an amazing location, and the rooms were very nice. The pool and proximity to the beach and everything else we needed was amazing. However that seems to be where the wonderful visit stopped.

When we checked in, we were given the keys and told our room. Unfortunately the room we were told was already occupied. To make up for the trouble we were given a coupon for complimentary breakfast. That would have been fine but it was only valid for the very next morning. Once we were given our new room, we got back up there to find out we were given a room with two queen beds instead of the one king bed we had reserved. When we went down about this we were given a third room which ended up being the right one, finally, but told there was nothing more they could do for us. I feel that after the hotel messed up our reservation twice, we should have been given something more than just a single free breakfast.

Once we got to our room, we noticed one of the lights took forever to come on and the toilet seat was broken. Since these were only minor nuisances, and not major issues, we decided not to bother the front desk for a third time about an issue.

On our third night there we tried to order room service. It took three long calls before any one even answered. Once someone finally answered I kept getting bounced back and forth between the front desk and guest services before finally being told the restaurant was short-staffed and unable to accommodate room service orders at that time. Very disappointing.

Finally, on our last night there, both of our keys became deactivated. I could see one key not working, but both of them? They were not being kept near our phones or any credit cars because I have heard these can mess with the magnetic strips on cards. Luckily the front desk took care of it right away, but it was still very annoying having to head all the way back to the lobby just to get back in to our room.

I was hoping that since we were staying in a major hotel chain our visit would have been excellent, but I must say we were more than a little disappointed in our stay. I'm sorry to say that when we return to Virginia Beach we will be staying at another hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for the honest feedback about your last stay here at the Oceanside Holiday Inn. At no time are we perfect and we do admit when things go wrong and in your case they went really wrong and we did not try to improve the situation. We are very sorry and would like to make it up if you can just give us another chance. A call would be great and ask for Joe or Jason.
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I am not a person who frequents Holiday Inns. I am more of Marriott consumer. I joined friends who were staying here. The rooms were clean. I think the hotel was recently renovated.

The buffet breakfast was sorta plain. Should be included in the price of the room.

Minor issue with TV was resolved promptly. Staff friendly. Would consider returning.

Room Tip: King sized beds are in suites.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for giving Holiday Inn a try during your last stay at the beach. We enjoyed serving you and do offer certain packages that do include anything on the breakfast menu for an additional $5 to $10 dollars. This package is by far the best value for a family that would like breakfast every morning. Thank you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This was my family's first beach trip and I booked this hotel based on the good reviews I read. When we arrived we found parking easily and the hotel was very clean with a great location. Not one complaint I definitely would stay there again. Kids eat free, drink and appetizer specials I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I thank the previous guests for their honest reviews and I thank Holiday Inn for living up to my expectations. Great 1st family beach trip!!

• Stayed July 2013
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
We are excited and pleased about the comments you made about the hotel and staff. We really enjoyed servicing your family and look forward to a return trip soon. Thank you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!