“Outstanding Service from VERISIS BROWN” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
N. Chesterfield, VA.
“Outstanding Service from VERISIS BROWN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We spent a weekend at this hotel in April. From the very minute we (my wife & I) stepped into the hotel to check in we were greeted by Verisis Brown. She was as nice and helpful as she could be. Not just then but everytime we incountered her she was the same. She made us feel very welcome and she is the main reason we will return to your hotel for another visit.
Their were some kids that got a little loud Saturday night. We didn't say anything about it when we left but she knew we were on the same floor where the complaints were coming from. She asked us if we were bothered by the noise, which was a little loud at 2 am. She was very nice in the way she handled us with that problem.
She is a benefit to your company and she alone makes us want to return to you hotel for another stay.
You are very lucky to have such a devoted employee. She went above and beyond to make our stay outstanding.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for pointing out that Verisis Brown provided you with outstanding service while staying at the hotel. I will pass this information along to the entire team and give Verisis a gift card as a thank you. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Orange, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

What can I say....everything was amazing!!! Incredibly amazing!! Everyone on staff went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. Our suite was huge and beautifully decorated. The view of the ocean was incredible. We watched the dolphins swimming in the ocean from our room!! Housekeeping (on the 8th floor) were so kind and kept everything immaculate. The restaurant served delicious food. This is a class act!! The best Holiday Inn we ever stayed in!! I would recommend this Holiday Inn to everyone I loved. I can't say enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large, beautifully decorated and sunny!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for the high praise of the staff and hotel. We are very proud of the team we have here at the Oceanside Holiday Inn. The remodel that was completed last year set us apart from the rest of the hotels on the beachfront but service is still the key to our success.
Hope to see you soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

What a great place to stay! Staff is amazing! Was given Priority Club welcome gift...staff gave us choice of floors....constantly asked us if there was anything we needed...never experienced service like this. Front desk gave us excellent recommendation for dinner at Taotogs and we ate at the hotel and food was good there as well. Rooms newly renovated, lovely decor, big rooms and gorgeous ocean view.....great value for the money....would come back again no question....10/10 and hats off to staff who truly understand meaning of customer service!

Room Tip: 6th floor is great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for the outstanding comments and I will be sharing them with the staff. We are trying new things every week based on guest feedback. On every Friday during the summer at 3pm we will offer Italian Ices free in the lobby, as a thank you for staying with us and the GM will be present in order for guests to talk about their stay and anything else we can do to make it better. Every Saturday during the summer we will have live music on the Patio. Hope to see you soon the water temp is improving and on Friday Dolphins were only 50 yards from the beach.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have to say, it takes a lot for a hotel to impress me, so I have to say Holiday Inn Oceanside is a great place to stay. Every room gives you a perfect view of the ocean. It is located in a great spot if you want to shop and eat. Now for what really impressed me was the rooms. Great upgrades and the room smelled great all the time. The bed was comfortable, had a pull out couch and the balcony was great. The bathroom was very clean and had everything you would need. All I can say is if you choose to stay here you chose a great place. Took some pics for ya too. Great hotel. We visited some friends that were in the Marriott and I love the Marriott, but holiday inn beat them out this time. Sorry.

Room Tip: They are all great with balconies. Can't go wrong.
Green Features: Everyone was very helpful. Environment safe. Not sure what they want me to say here. It was great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
WOW and thank you for the nice comments about the hotel and staff. I will pass your feedback on to the staff during our daily staff stand up meeting and let them know how very proud I am because of comments like you have just made. We hope to see you soon.
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The staff was extremely helpful at a evening notice supplying a cake for us,
This Holiday Inn we will are planning on returning this summer.
Room service was great and our server Mikey deserves a he helped us out
with all our questions ,and was extremely pleasant in doing so.
Ever staff mperson was wonderful and polite.
Ever room has a balcony.easy to get to just a great location and great staff.

Green Features: Great loved no smoking property.they do extremely good on helping the environment
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We are very pleased you came to us for the birthday of your Great Grand Daughter. Please stop in and say hello when you arrive over the summer. Hope to see you soon.
Hastings
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for three nights (Saturday-Monday) and checked out Tuesday. I am also a Priority Club member, but I haven't visited a Holiday Inn in about 3 years. We were presented with a small welcome gift and everyone at the front desk was very nice. We were asked what floor we would prefer. I requested a higher floor with the reservations I made about 3 months ago. We were given a room on the 10th floor. The view was fantastic. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a problem with the sliding glass door on the balcony. We couldn't get it to close. When I mentioned this to the front desk, it wasn't even 5 minutes that a maintenance man was knocking on our door to fix the problem. He fixed the problem within a few minutes. The housekeeping staff are very nice too. The day we were checking out, I noticed that if you are a Priority Club member, instead of checking out at 11:00 AM, you may check out at 2:00 PM, Was my husband happy about that. He wanted to go for one last walk in the ocean and just walk along the beach one more time. All I had to do was mention this to the front desk before 11:00 AM and it was taken care of. We are looking forward to coming back next year, God willing.

Room Tip: I prefer a higher floor. It is just nice to wake up and see the ocean at sunrise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you and welcome back to the Holiday Inn brand as well as the Oceanside Holiday Inn on Virginia Beach. Our most recent remodel has set us apart from the rest of the hotels on the beach. We still have reasonable rates on guest rooms as well as in the restaurant and bar. Also, we do not charge for parking unlike some of the hotels on the beach which have started to charge this year. Hope to see you soon.
Pittsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I selected this property based upon the recommendations of others from several sources. It was an excellent choice. Located (easy to find) on Atlantic just at the end of I-264, its rooms all have balconies looking over the ocean. It is a smoke-free property; rooms are kings or two doubles, some with sleeper sofas to accommodate additional guests. It has 12 stories (we were on the 11th floor) and two elevators, and I never had a problem getting a ride up/down. I booked two rooms side by side for my family of five which included my 8-year old grandson. Both were equipped with hairdryer, coffee maker, small fridge and a microwave. Our view afforded us the opportunity to watch the navy ships exit the Chesapeake Bay, and though some might find it annoying, the jets leaving Oceana Naval Air Station were frequently flying overhead. Again, the grandson enjoyed that almost as much as the indoor pool, which provided a couple of 'waterfall' areas, nice for sitting and relaxing, with depths from about 2 1/2 feet to 4' 10" (so no diving), and pool towels are abundant at the pool area. The pool is oceanside and on the boardwalk, which stretches quite a distance up and down the beach and is great for walking or biking.
Morning coffee was available in the lobby, and we enjoyed the hotel's breakfast both mornings -- very good variety, including fruit & cottage cheese, oatmeal, omelets and the usual southern breakfast selections. We also had dinner there the first evening and found the variety offered something for everyone's taste. My grandson's meals were complimentary pursuant to a voucher given to me upon check-in which was good for the entire stay.
Bedding was clean and quite comfortable and the rooms were inviting.
Others have complained of small parking lot, but we had no problem from Sunday evening through Tuesday mid-day, even though we moved the automobile out of the lot many times; however as has been noted, overflow parking is half-a-block away.
I booked at a very reasonable rate through one of the discount web-sites; perhaps this is why my Priority Club status was overlooked and I was not offered the 'goody bag' upon check-in that was provided to other guests, but that was a small price compared to the excellent deal on two rooms for two nights.
Front desk was attentive and friendly, as was the housekeeping staff. I will definitely return to this property, and would not hesitate to recommend it to family, friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: Top floors are removed from street noise and offer great ocean views, but lower floors actually prov...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the nice comments about the hotel and staff. Hope to see you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!