“Very Clean and newly renovated!” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
PHILADELPHIA
“Very Clean and newly renovated!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days while on a golf trip. Comfortable, clean, and an excellent location to use as a central starting point if you are on a golf trip. Foe beachers this is a true delight. Right on the beach in the heart of Virginia Beach. You don't get a better location that this. The rooms are newly redone and pass the clean as a whistle test. Beds comfortable and an indoor pool so the kids can have a blast on those rainy days.

Room Tip: The higher... the better. Just don't get a room directly over the pool. It maybe noisy. Parking...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for the great comments and I totally agree that the higher you are in the hotel the better view of the beach and fishing pier. But every room has a great view and the dolphin families have returned and can be seen from any guest room along with the restaurant/bar/pool and fitness room in the mornings and afternoons. Again, thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Fryeburg, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have stayed at this property before, we choose to stop in VA Beach on our way further into NC each year. Last year, we had a nice experience. This year, there was UV formal party there which turned into a living nightmare. While I understand that a hotel has no control over what its guests do, they do have control over how they respond to such situations. We were awakened many times over the course of our stay due to drunken people in the hallways and on the balconies. There was fighting involved between floors on the balcony, as well. We NEVER heard security dealing with any of it; if it was too much for your staff, then the VA Beach PD should have been called, it is that simple.
When we checked out the next day, a man was complaining to a staff member about similar issues. I spoke up and echoed his sentiments, while standing there, then I was presented with my receipt. Another staffer apologized to me, sincerely, then tried to get into my account to modify it, (a credit of some sorts I am assuming). Unfortunately, the other agent had closed out my account. The staffer then asked me for my name and number, which I provided with my email address, and assured me that the GM would contact me and send me a gift certificate. I waited, very patiently, for some contact. No one ever called me, this upsets me. It has been
2 and 1/2 weeks.
I think that your front desk is good, however, due to your security, I rated your staff as average.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback. Our security force is made up of off duty Virginia Beach Police as well as ASG. If we are informed of any issues the problem guests are removed and arrested. When things are not be reported until the next day we research the issue with the VBPD/ASG and respond to the situation as needed including arrests and/or removal from the hotel. All day and night long rounds are made throughout the hotel by security and we are noted as being the safest on the beachfront. Thanks again for your comment and if you would llike to discuss more please call the hotel and ask for the GM.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night whilst in business, after checking in, coach loads of teenagers piled into the hotel, running up and down hall ways with water guns, shouting from room to room. I went to reception and asked if there was a floor with no teenagers on it! They promptly found me another room and were very apologetic, giving me free breakfast. The rooms are all clean and have ocean views. We went to the restaurant for breakfast and as usual were the only people in it. I wouldn't have had breakfast other than I had a free one! The wait was as usual very long, I do not know how a kitchen takes so long to poach 2 eggs (30 minutes), the restaurant lets the hotel down.

Room Tip: Good hotel, breakfast elsewhere!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for the honest feedback about the hotel and restaurant. We are always looking for comments so that we can improve services and quality provided to each and every guest. This information will be shared with the entire hotel team at our rally on April 26th. Also, on May 3rd we have planned a great openning of our Sip Sip restaurant/bar. There will be live music, new menu and fun specials for the whole family so if you are nearby please stop in and join in the fun.
Eaton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a great hotel along the beach. You look out your room right into the ocean. The boardwalk runs right beneath you. Upon arrival I was greeted by Amanda. She was just cordial at first but then became a really nice person to meet. She helped me find a place to get delivery from since I had a late check in. The food from the place she recommended was great and just right to have late at night. The next day I asked about attractions to see or avoid and also for the best restaurants. This time I was helped by both Jeanette and Amanda. Again their recommendations were excellent. I plugged the coffee pot in and it started smoking. I unplugged it and left and forgot to tell the desk. However, on my return the old one was sitting outside my door and a new one had replaced it. The housekeeping staff is great I did not have to ask for replacement of any washcloths, towels, soap or anything. The room was exceptionally clean. Glass on doors was clean, even the baseboard were clean and the bathroom was spotless. This has been an excellent stay and recommend this particular Holiday Inn very highly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
onur g, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Oceanside for your stay at beautiful Virginia Beach Oceanfront. All your nice words about our team members especially for our excellent housekeeping department will be certainly forwarded to them at our next employee rally. We as a front desk team are putting strong effort to research area restaurants and menus to be able to recommend the best places on the beach area to our guests. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to provide you better stay next time.

Onur Guduk
Front Desk Manager
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I found this hotel to be so accommodating and relaxing that I extended my stay for an extra day. Tim Payne in the Dining Room, and Crystal at the Lobby front desk were Exemplary Employees who did everything possible to make my stay (and that of others) magnificent.

Room Tip: I treasured my room because it was away from children. Except for some roudy late night guests, the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
onur g, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your noce comments about our hotel and team members. We are greatly appreciated to you for choosing Holiday Inn Oceanside for your spring break. All the great words you wrote above are excellent motivation for us to improve our service quality. We will look forward to see you again at our property. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay any better at the future.
Kindest Regards;

Onur Guduk
Front Desk Manager
Napa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I love to go on vacation and get great service. That's how it was at this wonderful oceanfront hotel.

Very nice and clean rooms with interior corridors. Nice patio with cheap plastic chairs. Curtains are thick and very good at keeping out the rising sun. As a woman a felt very safe at this hotel as well as walking around on the Boardwalk. This Holiday Inn has a much better location than the other one that's north of the center of the fun stuff.

Now for the service, wow I was blown away at the wonderful front desk staff, maintenance workers, housekeepers really anyone who works here. Every question was answered, I kept deactivating my key and they kept fixing it with a smile. They helped me find the nearest Waffle House so I could get a Pecan Waffle.

Stay here if you want 5 star service at an affordable price with oceanfront room.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks for the great comments about the staff and hotel. We strive to be the best on the beach front since there are many choices. We are cuurently working on a few exciting features for the summer months which include receptions for our PC members.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Typically I'm not a fan of Holiday Inn and actually I don't think I've stayed in one since high school. My company booked me here for the weekend they also booked the boardrooms where I had to give a speech and meet with clients. From the moment I walked in Onur Guduck, the front desk manager was absolutely wonderful. I had so many problems with MY company not sending me the correct information, Onur and a young man named Tim were amazing every step of the way. From printing information,locating packages, setting up the boardrooms, to making sure I had breakfast in the morning. Every time I turned my head the staff were there to help. I've stayed at hundreds of 4 & 5star hotels, it is very seldom the staff is this amazing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for those kind words about the staff and I will be thanking Onur and Tim during our staff meeting today. We hope that anytime you plan on returning to the beach we can be your home.

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!