“Great location for a weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Great location for a weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for just one evening but it was worth it.

The room was a decent size and the staff very friendly. Great ocean view from my room and a view of the city outside my front door.

Bed was comfy especially the different selection of pillows.

Good frige and microwave.

Only issues I had were: 1) the walls are thin, my neighbor had the tv on all night but it wasnt too bad. 2) the parking lot is small for larger vehicles; had to ask the front desk person to back me out safely so that I dont hit another car. 3). Do not eat at the hotel restaurant. Unfortunately it rained so I had to and it was not up to par (i'm going to review that one next). 4) tv remote stopped working but staff replaced it quickly.

I'd recommed this place for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: I alway choose high floors to reduce the noise but the ocean views are the best.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments about the hotel and staff. We are always trying to improve service and quality based on the feedback from our guests that have stayed with us. We share the comments recieved with each and every associate daily at stand up meetings, while discussing the issues at our weekly staff meeting in order to uncover solutions that will address the situation for the next guest. Our goal is to ensure every guest is 100% satisfied with every portion of their stay and if not, let us know during their visit and we will make it right.

Thanks again for the feedback.

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Bedford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This Holiday Inn was booked for a conference in which I attended which included the room in the rate. I was pleased with the front desk where check in was quick and correct. I had asked for a room with a king which was later to be found that the door would not lock upon leaving. When I notified the front desk they arrived quickly and when unable to resolve the problem I was quickly given another room.
While this was the off season I was pleased to find the HI to be at the end of the boardwalk and very easy to locate. The room while OK, had a lived in feel that I hope they don't let go much longer. Bathroom sink was cracked, stain on shower curtain and a candy wrapper (not mine) on the floor at the edge of the bed.
All rooms have a great view, free wi-fi, breakfast buffet was good, and as I travel solo felt very safe. If you are on a budget and don't need all the bells and such it is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view, ground floor rooms opens directly onto the beach. Higher floors have...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for the feedback that you have provided the Team at Oceanside Holiday Inn. We use this information in order to make our operation/service the best we can for everyone that stays with us. Hope to see you soon.
Fort Eustis, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Crystal the front desk clerk was more than helpful and she made sure that our stay was more than great. She went out of her way to let us know some of the attractions that were within walking distance. We had a bit of an issue with checking in and she resolved it miraculously and without any delay. She is a great benefit for the company.

Room Tip: The rooms were very immaculate and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The beach was absolutel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the service that Crystal provided you during your last stay here at the Oceanside Holiday Inn. We are always working on improving our service to every guest that stays with us. Our goal is to be the best at the oceanfront by treating everyone as a member of our family. Hope to see you soon.
Henrico, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I use TA as a means of making sure I get the best accommodations when I am going out of town and am impartial to which hotel we use. I have found the reviews to be accurate and very helpful in assisting me when making my final decision. I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed at HI. The front desk staff was very pleasant and they had the items my husband and I failed to pack (mouthwash, shower cap and fork for a late night dinner). The room was equipped with Bath and Body Works shampoo and conditioner which was nice considering I am a BBW fan. The room seemed to be well kempt and none of the bedding or furniture appeared unusually worn. We paid extra to be treated with breakfast in the morning and the buffet style breakfast was quite tasty. The restaurant staff was also extremely friendly and accommodating. The only issue I had was that it was not disclosed that breakfast ended at 10AM; so, I was forced to hurry and get dressed in order to get to the dining area (which I arrived at about 10:05 and I was still allowed to dine).

When we arrived at the HI, a wedding reception was taking place. Some of the guests, I am sure, were staying at the hotel but not all of them were. The guests from the reception actually took a good portion of the available parking spots – requiring my husband and I park in an overflow lot across the street, which was unacceptable. My other issue was that there was no actual comforter on our bed which was a little unpleasant since I am cold-natured and love lots of blankets. The remedy to that, though, was to turn the my heat up which worked very well. Overall, this hotel was very, very nice and I would absolutely stay here again. It was a great value and appropriately attended to most hotel features that were important to me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks for the feedback about the hotel and the services that we provide our guests. We are using all of the feedback from our guests to improve the services that we provide on a daily basis. Parking is being addressed by adding valet service over the busy months and we will not be charging additional fee's for hotel guest parking whereas many of the oceanfront hotel's will start charging additional fee's during this upcoming summer months. We value our guests and strive to become their home away from home while on vacation, business or just trying to get away for a relaxing weekend.
Chester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have stayed at all three locations in Virginia Beach and the service at the Holiday Inn Oceanside is outstanding! Tim Payne, server in the dining room was so great that even the kids noticed! We appreciated the service and pleasant attitudes of staff at the front desk, maintenance, and housekeeping too. Tim contacted maintenance and coordinated to have the ceiling sprinklers in the pool turned on! He managed also managed the complicated kids' meal orders. Going off season certainly has its perks - we would able to get late check-out and extra towels with no problem. We'll be back March 1st - Tim, get everyone ready for Noah and Katherine's return :)

Room Tip: Oceanview is always worth it. They were dredging the beach when we went in January and the hotel pr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for the comments pertaining to Tim and the staff. As a side note the Sand Replacement Project has been completed and the beach looks great. The effects of superstorm Sandy on the Virginia Beach area was centered around the fact we lost some of the beach front but now we look better than ever. Our prayers continue to go out to all of our families and friends still going through the aftermath. Again, thank you for the kind words about the staff and hotel.
Powhatan, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Tim Payne is like an ambassador for the hotel. He provided amazing customer service. We were there during inclement weather. He made us feel at home and was always thinking ahead anticipating what we would need before we even had to ask. Thank you for providing such wonderful service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback about Tim our Restaurant/Bar supervisor. He has made a great addidtion to the staff and we are all proud of the service he, as well as the entire team provides to our guests.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here just this past weekend for a 4 day weekend to surprise my sister who lives in VA beach for her bday. The hotel is just off interstate 264 and the location is in a nice part of the ocean front. The hotel was clean and the staff were super friendly. My room was nice and spacious with a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge. The view was AWESOME! Every room has a balcony that faces the ocean which is a huge PLUS! I would definitely stay again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor the view is spectacular
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the outstanding comments. You are also right we are at the end of 264 and once you park your car you can forget about it until you leave since we are in the middle of the Virginia Beach strip. The guest rooms have just been completely remodeled and we added a HDTV 32" in everyroom and currently have HD channels available for your watching pleasure.
Thank you again for noticing the change.

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!