“Great Oceanfront Hotel - all the access and great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great Oceanfront Hotel - all the access and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend during the sand soccer tournament '11 and had a great experience. The "kids eat free" deal at the restaurant in the hotel was great. Awesome service by restaurant manager Mike, Bar tender Bishop and the front desk help. Indoor pool hit the spot, location was perfect, and the restaurant food for the price was outstanding!! $8 for a Grouper sandwich or $9 for Fish Tacos was an easy way to unwind after the day on the beach. The room was good quality - clean, mini fridge, FREE WIFI, good shower with strong water pressure. Nice job Holiday Inn!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
jkinane, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2011
Dear 64paulie64,

Thank you for taking the time and writing you review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. I'm glad to hear that the encounters with our staff were more the exceptional throughout your stay. I will make sure to share your thoughts with our whole staff. We look forward to seeing you during your next vacation to Virginia Beach, VA.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Stayed with my husband on business trip. 7th floor room, bed was comfortable and pillows were better than average, room was clean and comfortable.

Pool was tiny and not up to much, doesn't look as nice as shown in some of the photos. We had friends in the Holiday Inn at North Beach which has just been refurbished, that hotel was much more family friendly with a nice outdoor pool area.

So, ok for business but I'd choose another one if I were to return with my children.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
jkinane, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear Thehorticulturalist,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. I’m glad to hear our hotel could accommodate all your needs during your business trip. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

first when I arrived I found that my reservation was cancelled . Later I found out it was by the hotel which I was to get in at a low rate. After driving almost 9 hours I had no choice but to book. Paid top dollar and the quality of the Hotel was not what you would expect of a IHG hotel. Found faults in my rooms as far as cleanliness and in the breakfast area there was no effort to keep it clean and appealing to the eye.
After talking with management the next morning they made no effort to resolve my problem or walk out of their feeling somewhat happy.
Did not use the pool area so I cannot comment on that.
I was refunded for their mistake but will never take the chance to stay their again. Be prepared and make sure you have your confirmation # just in case.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Lakenan,

Thank for your time in providing feedback about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory at our property. I would like to take the time and discuss this matter personally with you. Please contact me at the hotel directly at 757-491-1500.
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

This was the only hotel that had ok reviews on Tripadvisor that I could get using my frequent flier miles. I stayed in this hotel many many years ago and remember how run down it was. I wasn't expecting much but was just hoping to not see any roaches in my room. The check in process was initially bad. The young girl seemed completely lost and then told me at 3:15pm that no rooms were ready. She very slowly made her way to asking another employee who ended up having a room available. The room was actually very nice. Everything was very clean and in working order. The beds were extremely comfortable and clean. The bar area and outdoor seating was very nice and convenient as well. I only had breakfast at the restaurant which was ok. It wasn't very convenient that you have to park across the street. There is very limited parking in the hotel. The parking lot across the street is very small so it takes a while to pull in and out because you have to make quite an effort not to hit other vehicles. it is a very busy corner. There were evangelists on the corner with a bull horn screaming about the world coming to an end and holding up signs. According to the hotel, this is a nightly occurence.
All in all, I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. I would stay here again if it was off season. It was a little crowded for me.

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Candice22,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us feedback about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. I'm glad to hear that we were able to change your view of our property. We look forward to seeing you in the offseason.
Quantico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I decided to go all out for my father's 50TH birthday and I wanted everything to be perfect. So I was very disappointed in this hotel. First, I have a 4 month old daughter. the rooms didnt have microwaves, or even have microwaves to rent, so I was unable to sterilize her bottles. The lobby didn't even have one to use! They didn't serve a continential breakfast, but I discovered that is common in Va Beach. It was the first time that my daughter would be in a pool, so I made sure to pay for a hotel with a heated indoor pool. I don't know what their definition of heated is, but that pool was not it, it was freezing! They called maintenance down and the lady very rudely told us the temperature was 85, which was definitely impossible. So they called a hotel that they are affilliated with which was three or four hotels down from there so that we could go swimming. That pool wasn't much better, but at least it was enough to let her get in and swim. That alone upset me very much because that was a big reason I paid the price I did for the room. Also, it was a good think the weather was nice, because the air or heater didn't work in the room. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very nice, but for $153 a night, I was definitely expecting a little more bang for my buck.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
jkinane, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Dear Autumn14,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. I am sorry to hear you encountered some problems during your stay. I'm sorry we couldn't fulfill your request for a microwave. We do offer a microwave behind our front desk and any of our agents would be more than happy to heat any items up. I will also share your comments with our engineering staff about the temperature of the indoor swimming pool. If you ever return to the Virginia Beach area, we would love for you to give us the opportunity to change your opinion of the Holiday Inn Oceanside.
New Cumberland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

Greatest dissappointment yet! I chose this hotel b/c it took miltiary per diem and it was off season. I would have rather stayed in a Navy lodge or a motel 6! The room was dirty, and on three days I came "home" before the housekeeper got to my room- and that was at 4:40 pm. They dont even provide a microwave unless you want to rent one for $10/day! Never in all my years seen that before. The tv had horrible reception and picture- it is a last of it's kind box model. The wifi takes several attempts to work, and the high speed internet never worked.However, by far was the parking situation. There was never any parking on-site, you you have to drive to another lot and walk. One night the "valet" boxed my car in- so the following morning I could not drive to work until the receptionist walked with me to the lot, took time to find the keys and moved the cars blocking me in. Ridiculous! Plus, it happened to be spring break when I stayed- and the staff was completely unprepared or skilled to handle the influx of guests. The only 2 elevators take between 5-15 mins to arrive and are usually filled. The list goes on....I would avoid this place. There are so many better choices in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
jkinane, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Dear Markusp34,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. I am very sorry to hear you had such a disappointing experience at our hotel. We always strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and I’m sorry to hear that we fell short this time. We have taken all of your comments into consideration and shared your comments with all departments to ensure these issues do not happen again. If you return to the Virginia Beach area, we would love for you to give us the opportunity to change your opinion of the Holiday Inn Oceanside.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

...as expected from the ICHotels chain. It pays to be a Priority Club member. Great location, competitive pricing and an attentive staff.

If/when you go downstairs for Breakfast,... ask for Crystal as your waitress. She's quick, witty, smart and funny. She's one of the few waitresses that is actually making an effort.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!