“Not bad for a one night stay” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Norfolk Virginia Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Newtown Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23462-2401   |
Ranked #61 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Las Vegas
“Not bad for a one night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Hotel is showing its age in its lobby, bathroom, and fixtures. It checks the main items for me with reliable free WiFi, free continental breakfast, and points towards a frequent travelers club. The linens in the room were clean, the desk space adequate. Little things, like hard to reach outlets that were already taken by lamps, were annoying. The bathroom had stains and the fixtures were calcified. The elevator was freezing cold and the walls thin. The day staff was friendly, as opposed to the evening staff. Location makes accessing the freeway easy and close to where we needed to be. Parking lot is strange though and hard to access.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Roanoke, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Very good and clean hotel in an affordable price range. The entire Staff very friendly and professional. Rooms are clean, well kept and beds are very comfortable. Only thing that would make it better was if there were mini fridge in the rooms which is standard in most of the hotels in the $60.00 price range. Breakfast is average food was good and fresh and well presented. Check in/out easy. Very good place to stay. Good value for the price. I have stayed at LQ many times and find it very consistant in both affordability and cleanliness. Wish they had more locations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Staunton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for about three years now and have always been pleased with the room and service. I only need the room to sleep so I haven't spent a lot of time in the room, but I've always found the beds comfortable and linens and room clean. I stay at this property because they allow pets. I do keep my small dog crated while I'm there and clean up after him when I walk him. I hope everyone else with pets does the same. This hotel does a great job in it's price range.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Port Washington, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very friendly staff. They did not charge extra for our pet. Nice breakfast included. Great beds.All good. Will stay here again. Denny's next door is open 24hrs, yea. There is a bar within walking distance. What more needs to be said. Off to the beach!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We arrived to people sitting outside on their cars, area looked alright until 5 pm, I found out we stayed in the ghetto. The rooms were nice except for the shower their was mildew and blood on the ceiling just a speck. We had our baby with us and as we went to the third floor across from us were pot smokers the whole hall was filled with smoke it smelled like a skunk had died, we had to seriously run from the elevator to our room because we didn't want our child to get some in her face. Area isn't safe to go outside at night a lone. We loved the bed it was so comfy.

Room Tip: make reservations a month in advance for a beach front room so you don't get stuck with this pla...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were very surprised to see how close the hotel was to the beach. There were indoor and outdoor pools that unfortunately we did not get to use. The staff was great. The girl who checked us in was very nice and was able to tell us where to grab dinner and drinks nearby. Vanessa was a pleasure and very informative. The one thing I would have to say could be a downside for some people is the amount of people staying there with animals. If you have allergies you might have a tough time. On the last day of my stay I did have a flea jump on me so I wasn't too happy about that, but all and all it was a great stay and we enjoyed out time here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn Norfolk Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!