“Nothing But Lies” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Neptune Park Inn

You added Neptune Park Inn to your Saves list
Neptune Park Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3108 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Formerly Ramada Limited Atlantic Avenue) (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #101 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nothing But Lies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2006

My husband and I took our 3 small kids to Virginia Beach for a long weekend, When I Made
our Reservations I was told it was ON The Boardwalk!!!!! Not true at all. The room had a horrible smell and not much of a view. The Elevator sounds like it was going to break at any time, Very Unfriendly staff, the room Was Not ready at time of check in, The Entrence to your room is in the Back of the building With the Dumpster. O'yah and the price of the room Waaaaaay to much. Very Dissatisfied Never Again.
C & D Fulton N.Y.

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Unionville, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

I booked my travel plans late, and was a little concerned when I read some of the reviews for the Ramada Limited at Virginia Beach, but being that I couldn't find oceanfront on a holiday weekend with only a few days notice I decided to take my chances. I was pleasantly suprised, being on the 5th floor we did have a nice ocean view (had to look past a few parking lots), plus the new Neptune Park and Statue were in view and earshot of the nightly entertainment. The staff were very cordial and helpful, assisting with giving us delivery menus from local pizza joints, the necessary bracelet for the child identity program for lost little ones, directions to trolly stops and other points of interest, and even a band aid when we had a late night boo boo and everything was closed. The WiFi (wireless internet) worked fine, and the desk attendent even asked how my experience was with it, as if he was truly concerned, as some patrons had reported problems in the past, although I had absolutely none. The pool was small, but we didn't really use it, just went up to check it out, it appeared clean and sanitary (coming from a long time home pool owner). What we and the kids liked best was that while you could see the ocean, you could also see the nightlife on Atlantic Ave, unlike when you are oceanfront and all you see is the water. Housekeeping could use a little improvement, while all we requested was the trash changed and the bathroom cleaned, they didn't clean the bathroom once the entire time we stayed, and if you can imagine with 4 kids it was pretty sandy by the time we checked out, a quick sweep or vac of the bathroom floor and a wipe down with new towels would have satisfied us. The fridge and microwave were great for keeping the kids stocked in drinks and snacks. All togehter is was a good experience, and a good value. We would stay again!

Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2005

The cost of this hotel compared with the costs of the hotels around it tells the story. It is old, not kept clean, and not maintained well. The elevator is somewhat scary, the floors need new carpet, the rooms could stand a little more cleaning, the towels are quite cheap. But the people are really nice and if you want to save money and can stand not staying directly on the beach (its across the street), you'll be OK. Security seems to be good.

Lynchburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

Ramada is an excellent hotel chain and we have always been pleased with Ramada -- that's why we didn't think twice when we booked a room at this Ramada. Oh my word ... we left that hotel feeling gross and couldn't wait to get to a new hotel to take a shower and feel clean again!

The only great thing about the Ramada is the desk staff. The girl that worked the weekend we were there was really friendly and accommodating. But even she couldn't do anything about cleaning the room because all the maids left for the day (and we checked in/complained around 3 p.m.--normal check-in time).

Other than that, the room was nasty -- it definitely wasn't renovated like one of the reviewers mentioned below. The sink wasn't even cleaned and the bathroom mirror had water spots all over it. Our room only came with one bath towel and an almost-empty toliet paper roll so we had to go to the front desk to stock up for the night.

The hotel was just nasty-feeling and quite dirty. Someone spilled coffee outside our door and a coffee filter, empty sugar wrappers and cream wrappers trailed the spill down the hallway outside (it looked like it fell off the maid cart). The carpets in our room were stained and nasty and we're still trying to decide if they were even vaccuumed. And, the comforters on the bed (rather than the usual hotel bed spreads) were very worn and just nasty to even leave on the bed. We definitely checked our sheets to make sure they were new ones ... thankfully, they were fresh sheets (about the only thing right that night).

We left with an icky feeling and were VERY disappointed in this hotel. It is soooo under par with other Ramada hotels. Just because a hotel is across the street from the beach doesn't mean it can drastically lower it's cleaning standards. We were surprised that Ramada would allow one of its hotels to be in such poor condition.

One of the off-brand hotels would've been much better than this. Oh well, live and learn -- we will not be staying there again!! I'd rather pay $80 more/night next Neptune Festival and stay right on the ocean in another name-brand hotel than stay at the Ramada again. To me, the extra $80 would be worth it! Do yourself a favor .....

• Stayed October 2005
Reston, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2005

I was wary because of the poor reviews that I'd seen and mentioned this to some locals who advised me to ask for a "renovated room". I did and the hotel staff had no difficulty accommodating us. The room was modern, clean and had all the modern amenities you would expect in a nice beach hotel. I've stayed at beach hotels before and the showers are usually anemic, but even the shower was OK. The room size wasn’t large, but we didn’t feel claustrophobic with 2 full-sized beds. The only item I missed was a refrigerator.
The staff was friendly and also accommodated a courtesy late checkout.
The only caveat is that I didn't see the non-renovated rooms and would advise any perspective guests to make sure they ask for a "renovated room".

Stayed September 2005
Howland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2005

This hotel was dirty, rundown, smelled bad, very old uncomfortable beds that we could feel the springs poking us in, had a lousy continental breakfast, the bathroom was dirty, etc. We couldn't believe this hotel was approved by AAA. We checked out after less than 12 hours and found a beautiful hotel overlooking the ocean for only a few dollars more a night. I have traveled alot and this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2005

I was really worried about this place after reading the reviews here. I had already paid for the room because of a special online deal, so I couldn't change. I was relieved to find it not as bad as some had described it. It's not a great motel, but the location is fine -- across the street from the beach. The walk down the corridor to our room was rather seedy, but the room itself was fine, and we could even see the ocean from our second-floor balcony. We did not use the pool, so I can't say anything about. My son saw it and said it was very small. The staff was fine. The only bad thing was a horrible smell at the entrance to the lobby. It smelled like body odor, so I think it was temporary. Unpleasant, but not a deal-killer. If you just need a place to stay at the beach, this is a fair choice.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Neptune Park Inn? Share your experiences!