“Best Service in Fusion (lobby bar)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel

You added Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 Atlantic Avenue, 36th Street & Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #23 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
va
“Best Service in Fusion (lobby bar)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our family popped in to Fusion after dinner to play a game and our server, JoAnn, came over. We ordered hot chocolate for the kids assuming it was readily available. Long story short, she went to a lot of trouble to make two impressive looking cups of hot chocolate with steamed milk topped with marshmellows, whipped cream and chocolate sauce. So nice and made such an impression on us.
I don't believe I've ever taken the time to compliment a staff person on Trip Advisor but her service warranted it.
(We were also impressed with the fabulous presentation of the drinks she was serving others. We hope she'll be there tomorrow night when we go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oliviapop, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience in our Fusion Restaurant. JoAnn is one of our best associates and I can't thank you enough for sharing your experience. She was delighted to see her name on TripAdvisor. We will be sure to forward your kind comments to the rest of the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Rockville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was here a year ago for the first time. Obviously it was pleasant enough for me to come back. However, I only just checked in and am thinking of checking out early. I walked out to the outdoor pool by the bar and there was trash along the walkway -- really unwelcoming. The doors were filthy as if the windows hadn't been clean in days. Our balcony railings are filthy as well, obviously not on the housekeepers agenda. There have been renovations, but besides the parking garage I don't see a big improvement in a year. The wading pool on the street side is tiny, and there is a lot of space to expand it (wasted space). On the upside, the room is nice and clean. The woman who check me in was friendly. I will revise this if things turn around. Happy vacations!

Room Tip: Only stay ocean front. The rooms on the other side are depressing!
Green Features: They reward you with SPG points for saving resources. Nice idea, but I'd rather have my room cleaned each day.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel. I do hope we were able to change your opinion during your stay and that we were able to exceed all of your expectations. Regardless, I would like you to rest assured that your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate members of our leadership team so that these issues can be addressed. We do hope you will give us another chance and look forward to connecting with you if you return to the area.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton hotel in Virginia Beach. The service was excellent - valet parking and assistance with the luggage, excellent wait staff in the dining room, and friendly folks at the desk. Our room was clean and spacious. We had the buffet breakfast each day - food on the buffet was ok, but it was better when we ordered from the menu. The fruit on the buffet was frozen and the grits watery. They did provide soy milk and endless coffee which I greatly appreciated. Also, the dining area needed to be vacuumed. We were there 3 days and each day it was dirty at breakfast. The pool was large and had a lot of sun for 3/4 of the day. I just wished they had picked up the trash at night so I didn't have to see it by the pool each morning. That said, we had a great time and the hotel is well worth the money.

Green Features: Although this hotel claims to have green practices, they don't recycle. I couldn't believe it when they told me that they don't recycle plastic bottles. All the bottles and papers each day were just thrown into the trash.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Good evening bethlovescats!

I wanted to take the time to tell how helpful your review of our hotel was. It was nice to hear you enjoyed your stay, but your comments regarding breakfast and our pool help us improve our service to our guest. We can't wait to see you again in the future.
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

we visited Sheraton OceanFront Hotel for a Birthday Celebration.. We had the most awsome time. The Hotel was great the staff was very friendly and attentive. We coyldnt ask for anything more the hotel sat right off the beach we sat out at night on the balcony and looked over the ocean and sat at the bar by the pool and had light snacks while the family swam in the pool and we rode bikes shopped and laid out at the beautiful beach. This is a place I cant wait to get back to. It was very relaxing and did I say how GREAT the STAFF was at the hotel? well, Sheraton Oceanfront Has the BEST STAFF EVER. it was almost like we had our own private staff. They were very helpful and pleasent and easy to deal with and everything was clean,clean,clean and fresh,fresh,fresh. when you go please ask for Partick and Amanda. They are Great. again the whole staff is great. we aregoing back in just a few short weeks and bringing more family this time, Ive also reconmended the Hotel to everyone i know. pls stay you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: its hard all the room we were in were great
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Cinde T.

Thank you for telling us about your wonderful staff at our hotel. We love to here great things about our employees. Both Patrick and Amanda have been applauded for their excellent service. We hope to see you again in the future!
Upper Marlboro, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Sheraton in Virginia beach. It's a large resort style hotel with excellent amenities including poolside food service! The food and drinks were delicious. Try the mudslide it was great. My only complaint about this property was the dog in the room next door. He yelped all night one night and it was annoying! They should have a pet section so guests without out pets will not be disturbed.

• Stayed July 2013
Oliviapop, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. I am very pleased to hear you had such an overall enjoyable stay at the Sheraton. I do apologize for the issue concerning the dog. All of our four-legged friends are supposed to be kept on the designated floors. However, sometimes one or two might slip by. I again am very sorry about the disturbance and hope we can make it up to you if you choose to stay with us again. Happy travels!
gatineau, quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just returned from a 6 day stay at this Sheraton . Overall this is a nice hotel but the cleanliness of the room was lacking. Bathroom much too small. Air conditioning made a lot of noise. Excellent food for dinner at the hotel restaurant Fusion. Staff everywhere are very nice. Pools are ok, clean. 3 days in a row we asked for a wake-up call, never got them, after informing the front desk in person we got one manually ( from a human ! ) Good thing we didn't have a plane to catch ! We usually stay at the Hilton when we come down to Virginia Beach but we decided to try this Sheraton instead this year. I have to say that the Hilton, although more expensive, would have to be our returning choice when we come back to VB.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Good evening vievie01!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. Our housekeeping manager will use your comments as a way to improve the department as whole. We do care about the service we provide and want it to be the best possible. I am glad to hear you enjoy our renovated restaurant Fusion. They rolled out a brand new menu after the restaurant had been re-done and is a must try when you stay with us. Thank you for being honest about returning to the Hilton, but we do hope to see you again, even if it's just to visit Fusion.
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel was great the staff was amazingly friendly and was pleased to assist us with anything we needed such as suggestions for what to do and where to eat. the lobby was very nice and extremely helpful. The hotel also has 2 beautiful pools in which one is located outside and the other inside. The hotel also gives a great view of the beach. The only thing that I didn't find as pleasing was that the rooms my family and I were in had no signal what-so-ever so it made it hard to communicate with each other or others. One last thing was that mostly everyone has to share the same two elevators sometimes making it a long wait just to get to the lobby or room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our two pools and oceanview rooms. I am sorry that you experienced issues with our elevators. We are aware that wait times to ride the elevator can be a little lengthy during checkin and checkout times. To help eleminate the problem, we ask are staff to please not use the elevator if they are going three floors down or two floors up. As far as having no signal in your room, I apologize for the inconvenience. I will be sure to pass on your comment to are chief engineer so that he may determine a solution to the problem.

Been to Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!