“Lovely hotel right on the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 Atlantic Avenue, 36th Street & Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #27 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Fairfax, Virginia
“Lovely hotel right on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton hotel in Virginia Beach. The service was excellent - valet parking and assistance with the luggage, excellent wait staff in the dining room, and friendly folks at the desk. Our room was clean and spacious. We had the buffet breakfast each day - food on the buffet was ok, but it was better when we ordered from the menu. The fruit on the buffet was frozen and the grits watery. They did provide soy milk and endless coffee which I greatly appreciated. Also, the dining area needed to be vacuumed. We were there 3 days and each day it was dirty at breakfast. The pool was large and had a lot of sun for 3/4 of the day. I just wished they had picked up the trash at night so I didn't have to see it by the pool each morning. That said, we had a great time and the hotel is well worth the money.

Green Features: Although this hotel claims to have green practices, they don't recycle. I couldn't believe it when they told me that they don't recycle plastic bottles. All the bottles and papers each day were just thrown into the trash.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Good evening bethlovescats!

I wanted to take the time to tell how helpful your review of our hotel was. It was nice to hear you enjoyed your stay, but your comments regarding breakfast and our pool help us improve our service to our guest. We can't wait to see you again in the future.

599 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

we visited Sheraton OceanFront Hotel for a Birthday Celebration.. We had the most awsome time. The Hotel was great the staff was very friendly and attentive. We coyldnt ask for anything more the hotel sat right off the beach we sat out at night on the balcony and looked over the ocean and sat at the bar by the pool and had light snacks while the family swam in the pool and we rode bikes shopped and laid out at the beautiful beach. This is a place I cant wait to get back to. It was very relaxing and did I say how GREAT the STAFF was at the hotel? well, Sheraton Oceanfront Has the BEST STAFF EVER. it was almost like we had our own private staff. They were very helpful and pleasent and easy to deal with and everything was clean,clean,clean and fresh,fresh,fresh. when you go please ask for Partick and Amanda. They are Great. again the whole staff is great. we aregoing back in just a few short weeks and bringing more family this time, Ive also reconmended the Hotel to everyone i know. pls stay you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: its hard all the room we were in were great
Hello Cinde T.

Thank you for telling us about your wonderful staff at our hotel. We love to here great things about our employees. Both Patrick and Amanda have been applauded for their excellent service. We hope to see you again in the future!
Upper Marlboro, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Sheraton in Virginia beach. It's a large resort style hotel with excellent amenities including poolside food service! The food and drinks were delicious. Try the mudslide it was great. My only complaint about this property was the dog in the room next door. He yelped all night one night and it was annoying! They should have a pet section so guests without out pets will not be disturbed.

• Stayed July 2013
Oliviapop, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. I am very pleased to hear you had such an overall enjoyable stay at the Sheraton. I do apologize for the issue concerning the dog. All of our four-legged friends are supposed to be kept on the designated floors. However, sometimes one or two might slip by. I again am very sorry about the disturbance and hope we can make it up to you if you choose to stay with us again. Happy travels!
gatineau, quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just returned from a 6 day stay at this Sheraton . Overall this is a nice hotel but the cleanliness of the room was lacking. Bathroom much too small. Air conditioning made a lot of noise. Excellent food for dinner at the hotel restaurant Fusion. Staff everywhere are very nice. Pools are ok, clean. 3 days in a row we asked for a wake-up call, never got them, after informing the front desk in person we got one manually ( from a human ! ) Good thing we didn't have a plane to catch ! We usually stay at the Hilton when we come down to Virginia Beach but we decided to try this Sheraton instead this year. I have to say that the Hilton, although more expensive, would have to be our returning choice when we come back to VB.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Good evening vievie01!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. Our housekeeping manager will use your comments as a way to improve the department as whole. We do care about the service we provide and want it to be the best possible. I am glad to hear you enjoy our renovated restaurant Fusion. They rolled out a brand new menu after the restaurant had been re-done and is a must try when you stay with us. Thank you for being honest about returning to the Hilton, but we do hope to see you again, even if it's just to visit Fusion.
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel was great the staff was amazingly friendly and was pleased to assist us with anything we needed such as suggestions for what to do and where to eat. the lobby was very nice and extremely helpful. The hotel also has 2 beautiful pools in which one is located outside and the other inside. The hotel also gives a great view of the beach. The only thing that I didn't find as pleasing was that the rooms my family and I were in had no signal what-so-ever so it made it hard to communicate with each other or others. One last thing was that mostly everyone has to share the same two elevators sometimes making it a long wait just to get to the lobby or room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our two pools and oceanview rooms. I am sorry that you experienced issues with our elevators. We are aware that wait times to ride the elevator can be a little lengthy during checkin and checkout times. To help eleminate the problem, we ask are staff to please not use the elevator if they are going three floors down or two floors up. As far as having no signal in your room, I apologize for the inconvenience. I will be sure to pass on your comment to are chief engineer so that he may determine a solution to the problem.
Adams, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Love going to the Sheraton, the renovations are awesome. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating from the front desk Trevor who made sure that our room request was made, to Chris, Travis and Coltin who helped us move in and out, brought our car to us in a very quick timeframe always with a smile and warm greeting when we left and returned. Our room was very clean, the view was spectacular and the bed was so comfy (I would have love to bring it home with me) I love the location, if I feel like a loud, party time I just need to walk down a few blocks for that but it's great to sit on the balcony at night watch fireworks or just relax watching the small crowds of people walking/bicycling by. Will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Request room #203, 204 or 205 larger balcony truly awesome
Green Features: Go green and get $5.00 a day in food/beverage. Great deal.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel. I am very happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. I couldn't agree more that Chris, Trevor, Travis and Coulton are wonderful! I will be sure to pass on the kudos and a job well done. Looking forward to seeing you next year!
Scranton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had a hard time rating this hotel...I would give it more of 3.5 stars, but I couldn't rate it 4. I brought my dog here during late July and the location worked out nicely. The hotel is located on 36th street and dogs can go on the beach from 42nd & north before 10am and after 6pm. So, we only had to walk 6 blocks, which wasn't bad at all. Being that the hotel was on the northern end of the strip their wasn't a whole lot of restaurants/shops....you would have to walk a few blocks south.
Even though the hotel was in a good location to 42nd St., I didn't feel like they were so "pet friendly." They weren't really welcoming to my dog and didn't have any disposal bags outside, or designated areas for the dogs.
Service: the service in the hotel was off and on. Some days it was good while others not so good. It seemed like most of the workers would just do the bare minimum, so they could go home.
Overall, I think this hotel is in a great location if you bring your furry friend, but don't expect exceptional service. Rooms were decently clean (could've been better), bathrooms were tiny, but bed was extremely comfortable. I would probably look into another hotel next time if I didn't bring my dog as I think you could find better service for the $$$.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are definintely worth every penny!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hello alp250!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the location. Most of the staff here at the Sheraton loves working in an enivornment that allows small dogs. However, we do try to remain respectful to our guests by understanding that not all dogs like to be approached. We do love interacting with the dogs when they come up to us and will go out of our way to make friends at that time. I will take the time to pass your comments regarding the service of the staff onto our managers. We use our customer feedback as a way to learn and grow and provide a better service. We hope to see you and your furry pal again!

Been to Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!