“Perfect vacation we expect to repeat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel

You added Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 Atlantic Avenue, 36th Street & Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #23 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ambridge PA
“Perfect vacation we expect to repeat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was so pleased with just about everything this hotel had to offer us- we are planning a return trip this summer.
First things first, as Starwood Members, you cannot beat the value for Starwood points. We were upgraded by a very nice front desk gentleman and, since we arrived in the morning, were called, as promised, when our room was ready- well before check in time.
We did meet the famous Marcus later that day, he was also a nice and helpful young man.
Location, pools, gym, room, parking- all wonderful! We did not have an opportunity to try the Aqua Vi, but will likely do so on our next visit. I also liked that there were a few kids activites. Only having one child, we look forward to letting him have fun with kids his own age when we are away and a kids club helps facilitate that.
Not a fancy place, but comfortable, and the service was top-notch. The only negative was the indoor pool and hot tub needed a little attention- not as clean as I like.
We loved our stay! See you soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Carebear0826, Thank you for your praises! I’m glad we were able to accommodate all your needs during our off season and look forward to having you back during the summer. One difference you will note on your return is the Aqua Vi is currently being remodeled and will have a grand reopening as Fusion! Have a great rest of you winter and we will be seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
McLean, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Sheraton at the Virginia Beach ocean/boardwalk has a great location. My room, a traditional king, was spacious and well appointed. The doorman was very courteous and helpful on arrival. However: no hot water in the bathroom sink, the electrical outlet by the desk did not work. These two were handled the same day by pleasant staff. The "guest services" number on the in-room phone did not answer during my 4 day stay. I called the central number to report the room problems and the phone issue and was promised attention would be given. The furniture is scarred and could be touched up to good effect. Housekeeping was sloppy- bed poorly made, teas and flimsy plastic water glasses not replaced. Construction in lobby and first floor area not reported on site when made reservations. No discount given, no explanation. Restaurant unwelcoming; no one at stand, no one visible in restaurant/bar, mechanical clanging noise over the ambient music. Left immediately for off site restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Mw4_10, I want to apologize for the less than satisfactory stay that you had with us. All of your housekeeping comments have been passed along to the Executive Housekeeper to ensure that proper retraining takes place within that department. We have updated our website with a more visible announcement that shows we are currently doing renovations. We have also made attempts to contact every guest at least two days prior to arrival who have either a phone number or email attached to their reservation. If you have any more questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me at lreagan@sheratonvirginiabeach.com
St. John`s, NL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights over Thanksgiving 2012.Like most of the hotels at OceanFront it is an older Hotel which has been undergoing refurbishment.We were assigned a room in a refurbished wing,it had a functional kitchen and a separate sitting area,a separate bedroom with a comfortable King Bed,flat screen TV in both rooms,and walk out Balcony from both rooms.Internet is extra as is mandatory valet parking.We had room service on thanksgiving evening which wasn't bad.Including Internet and parking it cost us close to $150.00 per night,not really good value for Virginia Beach in late November.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Markie23, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the new Cabana wing of the hotel that we constructed last fall. I want to take a moment to apologize for the miscommunication our internet is complimentary for all of our guests as is our valet parking. If you have any more questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me at lreagan@sheratonvirginiabeach.com
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The staff were great and so friendly and helpful. I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks while I worked on the Presidential election. I worked late everyday, usually until 3:00 am, and after a long day of work I was uplifted by the generous warmth and reception I received ---Rhonda the night manager took care of every detail to make my stay more comfortable, whether it was moving my car, getting me breakfast at night for the next morning when I left at 5:00am for election day, giving me an extra wake-up call to make sure I actually woke up, and these are just a few of the things. I will never forget the great personal attention I received.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Vicky A, Thank you for your review. Rhonda truly is one of a kind employee, we know how vital she is to our team here at the Sheraton. I'm glad we were able to assit you with all your needs while on the campagin trail. We hope to see you again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

GREAT RATE! I was very pleased with the accomodations and room rate for my one night stay when I was passing through the area. The only thing that wasn't completely up to par was that I was that I felt that the sound made by the heating and air conditioning unit was a bit too loud when it kicked on. I was pleased that when I mentioned that in the survey I took online after my stay, the front desk manager responded and said she was having maintenance check it out to resolve the issue. That response, along with all the happy, helpful staff during my stay, assures that I will return next time I'm in the area. Loved having an indoor pool to relax in after a long drive in a winter month. And the bed was absolutely heavenly!

Room Tip: I was in a cabana room overlooking the pool, boardwalk and ocean! Great room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
GigiMarie_1003, I glad that you heard back from our manager we try to make sure we follow up with any concerns guests notify us of. The new cabana wing is truly amazing especially the rooms that allow you to walk straight out to the patio and pool, though it is a bit too chilly for an outdoor swim this time of year. We look forward to having you come back again soon. Thank you for review.
Walkersville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the room and the friendliness of the staff considering we took our two small dogs on the trip. We could not tell that it was a pet friendly room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling, with or without pets.

Room Tip: Did not use the spa or have breakfast but considering everything else, I am sure they would have bee...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike S, Thanks for such a kind review. We really strive to make our four legged travelers as comfortable as possible. We look forward to having you back again soon.
Norfolk, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

First, we avoid chain hotels as much as possible (see my reviews) - lack personality and personal connections - but my wife had a work holiday party here and we decided to stay the night (no cab needed after too much to drink!). The room was a delight - well appointed and nice "partial" view of the beach - considering the modest price, the food was a bit expensive, but excellent, and the front desk staff were upbeat, friendly, and helpful (where to find parking, which is my main complaint - 30 self parking spaces for a huge hotel - although I understand they have a new garage being built). Since it's near the end of the Beach boardwalk, it's a bit quieter and walks on the beach, even in winter, are nice. The hotel was just renovated and it shows - bright, clean, and nice facilities (lobby, work out room, pool area), so while it is a chain, we were pleasantly surprised and can recommend it if you need a beach visit.

Room Tip: Partial view rooms on the upper floors actually have a view, and are cheaper than full view/beach ro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GregCinVA, I’m happy to hear how much you enjoyed a stay at a chain hotel even in your own backyard. The entire staff brags how we have the best location on the beach being down on the North end. I do apologize for the sparse parking that you experienced. On the corner of 36th and Atlantic you can see the construction of our new five story parking garage that is going up which will feature over 300 parking spots. Thank you again for such a great review and we hope to see you again at your next holiday function.

Been to Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!