“JUST SAY NO!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Swansea
“JUST SAY NO!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Where to start... After traveling 9+ hours to reach the hotel my child and I checked in and proceeded to bring luggage, sporting equipment, drinks and snacks into our second floor room. Within 5 minutes my daughter informed me of the hair that was covering the shower stall. Yes covering, not just a little on the bottom of the drain. Appeared that someone with long red hair may have cleaned out there brush and smeared it all over the shower wall. Being too exhausted to call the front desk I decided I would take care of it myself. However before this could happen my child informed me of feces on the floor. My room was moved with no problem and we were put on the first floor. Room still was not clean but far more acceptable than the first. My child decided to go to bed because she had a sporting event early the next morning. Well what started off as some very very loud music continued until 2:00 am from the "Taco Bar" on the side of the hotel. I'm very confident they were not serving taco's however. After the music stopped the patrons from the cub filtered in to the hotel parking lot. I'm sure some of these patrons had rooms within the Day's Inn. A toddler from a neighboring room played and screamed until approx. 3:30 am. Then the sirens started. Needless to say there was no seep and my chid who traveled from Ma. for a very important sporting event did not perform to her ability. Was lack of seep a factor? We will never know for sure but I say it absolutely contributed. I packed my car at 6:00 am and informed the front desk that I would be leaving even though I had 2 more nights paid for. The young ladies at the counter were more than apologetic and asked me to please give the hotel another chance. They guaranteed I would be put in a quiet room. I agreed and they were right the room was much more quiet than the previous and with some sleep I was able to completely ignore the crackers under the bed, return the lost cell phone we also found under the bed, hold down the toilet lever, because it was the only way it would flush and look past the nasty band aid on the tile in the shower.
The hotel staff is the only good thing about this filthy place. To management you need to train your entire staff on customer service (which includes more than just being nice, it means really cleaning the rooms, and controlling your controllibles) You can't control the noise but you can have security in your parking lot controlling the aftermath. Your staff is keeping you in business invest in them!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Highland Springs, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed here for spring break. Room was clean, beds were comfy! Enjoyed the breakfast every morning. The staff was super friendly. Will definitely come back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Days Inn Virginia Beach- At the Beach for the weekend of St. Patrick's Day and the Shamrock Marathon, point blank, it was a overal bad experience. The rate was great at $55 per night, but we should have know that you get what you pay for.

The room was dated, smelled of smoke (in a Non-Smoking room), and run down. Our bathroom had molding falling off the door frame and a dirty tub. The room was never cleaned over the two days we stayed, although they did eventually bring some fresh towels by around 4pm. There is bar directly adjacent to the hotel, "Side Street Cantina", which kept us awake both nights with screaming patrons and very loud music. We bought earplugs for our second night, rather than changing rooms, and they were no help whatsoever. The noise was literally outside our door and unbearable. If you do book, ask for a room as far away from the bar as possible. The continental breakfast is fairly good, it was fully stocked both mornings win cereal, bagels, juices, and fruit.

The one thing I cannot complain about is the staff, they are courteous, friendly, and pleasant. We were always greeted with a smile and any request we had was addressed promptly.

I would suggest this hotel for 3 people: Heavy sleepers, College kids, and people who need a cheap place to stay on the beach.

• Stayed February 2012
Middletown, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Booked 5 rooms in September for a family wedding in Virginia Beach.
We were tired after traveling all day.....This Days Inn was filthy. We checked out after 5 minutes.....I then had to find a place who had 5 rooms on the weekend of the "Shamrock Marathon"....We went across the street....and was very pleased with Springhill Suites.
I was very disappointed in Days Inn.....It was BAD!!!!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed in VA Beach 3 nights, 1st two at Travelodge...left there. Then Days Inn, which was very cheap. I stayed March 15-16. My room was upgraded to a king size bed simply because it was available, I didn't ask for it. The room was clean, bed made nicely, super soft. Flat screen TV, not the old tube like the other hotels. The hallways made me think the room would suck but it didn't. I was very relaxed and comfortable the whole time there. The room was like $40 at this time including a discount. The room was worth double actually in my opinion. I would definitely stay here again. I went to Norfolk on business, decided to stay longer because it's a nice area.

Room Tip: I was on the sixth floor. It had a view of the ocean and beach as well as most of the town.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Jamestown, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

good clean room great price and very friendly staff would stay there again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
virginia beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Days Inn at the Beach gives a discount rate to all fishermen during the winter months. It is a very good value to stay at this establishment. You get a nice continental breakfast and the rooms are clean and well appointed. The staff has always been friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: rooms higher up are more quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Virginia Beach Days Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!