“"Our Bathroom"” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Coastal
“"Our Bathroom"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hampton Inns are our hotel of choice when traveling. In the early morning our bathroom facilities suddenly did not function after working fine the previous day and thru the night. The desk advised that the only plunger had been loaned to someone and we would have to wait 15-20 minutes for someone to arrive. In short, morning hours so dressed quickly, packed, no shower, used the lobby facilities and left!! Personally was amazed given our past experience; will not stay at this location in the future. Easter overnight stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

hamptonvboceanfront, Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing a review. Sounds like you enjoyed your stay up until the very end. We send maintenance up for problems such as these and they may have been assisting someone else at the same time you called the front desk. My apologies you had trouble with the toilet. We hope you will stay with us again next time you're in the area. Thank you again and have a wonderful day,
Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed in the Hampton Inn during the weekend of 4/24-4/26 and was not satisfied at all with my stay. I am a Hilton HHonors Silver member, which might not mean much in most cases but I would still appreciate a little more respect from staff members who blatantly disrespected me and my guest. I went out to get a friend on the boardwalk at about 1AM, when we re-entered the building through the front door, I had noticed the older gentleman working behind the desk at the time was staring at me and my friend as we walked up to the elevators to go up to the room. He approached us and started to threaten us with noise complaints and stated that if he gets a noise complaint he will remove us from the room and kick us out. There is only one problem in this story....we hadn't been in the room since I had checked in earlier in the day, we had been walking on the oceanfront as that is where all of the events were. We had not even unpacked our stuff yet...how could we be the ones that made all that noise which merited a strong warning and a threat to remove me from my room which I paid for. The older gentleman asked a younger black male (who seemed to be working "security" for the hotel during the night time), to escort us to our rooms and make sure we didn't get any noise complaints. I actually felt a tad bit threatened, I had paid good money to stay in a Hilton establishment for a weekend of fun and here I was being treated like a rowdy thug. Enough about the older guy, lets go into the room.... Initial thought is that of content, I had paid close to $700 for the 2 night stay for a 2 Queen Bed, Ocean View room...the room was nicely sized, balcony was private and had a amazing view. All of those points they get a 5/5, but when you look deeper into the room...you start to notice the small things which you might over look on a normal situation. There appeared to be white stains on both of the main sheets provided on both of the beds, as well as the undercover which had 2 individual stains...one can only guess what those are. There was gum on the floor which had been pressed into the ground, very unappealing. On-top of that, the bathroom fans hardly worked at all...after a ten minute shower, the walls were dripping with water all the way down the ground and literally made the whole room moist, it was unbearable because there was no good source of ventilation. I didn't even know if the fan even worked.. I have pictures of all of the above claims, if I could upload them...I would, and I hope to send this exact review to the Mangers of the Hampton Inn to just inform them of my stay. A stay like this has made me question the future of my stays at the Hilton, and a change may be needed to see if this is the standard for the hospitality industry. Pros: Nice size room, comfortable beds, nice TV, Mini Fridge, Extra pillows on request and covers, amazing view(10/10), oh yeah...and the bar was amazing! Great prices, great food...and the guy who was working the bar should be commended for his people skills, he made my stay a little bit better and I will most definitely be back to eat some of there seafood! Cons: Questionable stains(DNA I assume...?), bathroom fan didn't work, gum on floor, disrespectful night shift worker(the older male, not the female!), and the breakfast was absolutely terrible. The orange juice was unbearable to drink and the eggs looked like they had so much powder on them, someone was getting lazy...also no bacon! What kind of continental breakfast doesn't have bacon! Overall I won't be back to this establishment anytime soon, they get a 2/5 for the bar and the view. I will pay the extra money and go to the Hilton next door...they looked like it had ALOT nicer service there.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Mr. Kruszewski for taking the time to write your review. Yes, as it was College Beach Weekend we had extra security on hand for assistance. We did get noise complaints throughout the night and I want to apologize for your experience with us. As you can see from other reviews that is not typical of our hotel nor our employees.
I have passed your comments along to the general manager as well as the housekeeping department for review to see how we can improve. Thank you again, we do appreciate you letting us know how your experience was with us. I'd like to invite you to return and experience what we are all about.
Thank you again and have a wonderful day,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The reception looks great, does not match rooms. They are ok. Breakfast was good. View Great. Turned out to be college week. All we smelled in our room was Weed. Complained to front desk. Said he would send security.He looked like I asked him to do something horrible. Both nights, all night the smell of skunk weed came in waves, that were so bad it keep waking us up. On check out was told it was the police's fault, they could not come because busy elsewhere. But our hotel was not as bad as others. That made us feel soooo much better. When you pay hard earned money, you expect a little more than kids hanging off the balcony getting high. Sad part is I told them what room. All they had to do is walk outside.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
hamptonvboceanfront, Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Unfortunately, yes it was College Beach Weekend and we had extra security on hand for the entire weekend. We took all the measures we could however, were unable to pinpoint the troublesome room. My apologies again for the experience you had with us. We hope you will return to truly experience what we and Virginia Beach are all about.
Thank you again and have a great day,

Hazle Township, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Hampton Inn is located right on the boardwalk. The views from the rooms are very nice, comfortable and clean. The staff is also very nice. Also, the complimentary breakfast buffet was most appreciated. We stayed there a few times and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Every room is ocean front so it does not matter
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to do so and for choosing to stay with us again! I'm glad you still found the view, rooms and our staff friendly and welcoming. We look forward to seeing you yet again sometime soon!
Have a most wonderful day,

Springfield, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

good location, great staff, Virginia beach has constant air traffic from naval aircraft, so is noisy at times, but you get used to that. Olivia in food services made breakfast fun, especially for our son, as she made much of him. Bar tenders, front desk personnel, everyone was awesome. off season a bit, so we may have had a bit better attention than is normal. Carpeting could have been better cleaned, and TV turned on on it's own a few times, if I need to nitpick. Would stay there again without hesitation. attached photo is sunrise out our room's slider.

Room Tip: first floor ocean front is what we had, excellent
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and had a wonderful experience with all the departments you encountered! We've heard that from a few guests now and then that a TV will turn on and off by itself. We haven't been able to figure out why, they all seem to be in working conditions. I hope it didn't bother you too much!
Thank you again for your review, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Have a wonderful day,
Acton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location is obviously great as it is right on the boardwalk with all the rooms facing the ocean! The rooms were good size and relatively clean (although there was some dust/trash on the windowsill so a little bit attention to the corners/edges would be helpful) and the beds were comfortable. On a related note, the elevators could use a bit of TLC in terms of cleanliness. The pool was great (open 24 hrs is a great plus!) - the temperature was very comfortable as attested to by the fact we spent a good 1+ hours in it! The hot tub was way too hot as I could only soak my feet - and that only for a few minutes. A few degrees cooler would have been better. The breakfast was the standard fare you get at any Hampton Inn - good enough to fill you up and get you on your way in the morning. Check in / check out was a breeze and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review and comments in regard to your stay! From the check-in and the room down to the pool and check-out we're glad you had a memorable time with us. The elevators do see a lot of traffic, they are vacuumed daily though! I will pass your comments along to housekeeping about the corners and edges. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and the family again soon.
Have a great day,
Skowhegan, Maine, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location of this property is really great! This was our first trip to Virginia Beach, and it was off season, cool and rainy. However, the accommodations were wonderful! The same, consistent quality we've come to expect from Hampton Inn and a terrific location - right on the beach with a little balcony we would have used, had the weather been nicer.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Lynn for your review! We are absolutely delighted you chose to stay with us for your first trip to Virginia Beach! We're glad you thoroughly enjoyed you accommodations despite the weathers' unwillingness to cooperate wile you were here! We look forward to seeing you again soon, and next time we'll hope for 70's and sunshine for you!
Thank you again and have a wonderful day,
Sales & Marketing Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North? Share your experiences!