“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Bristol, United States
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. The staff was excellent and the rooms clean and crisp. The view of the ocean is wonderful. It is accesible to numerous restaurants and has ample parking. I enjoyed my stay here and will stay again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
murfreesboro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Wonderful view of the ocean from all of the rooms. One morning there were over 20 dolphins/porpoises out in the ocean and some were very close to the beach. Sunsets/rises were gorgeous too. My bed was not as comfortable as it could have been. It had a dip on one side. Other than the bed, everything else was great!

Dandridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I spent two weeks in Virginia Beach taking a class at a local maritime school, and was lucky enough to have my company put me up on the beach. Granted, I was here during the off-season, so not much in the area was open, but it was still a nice place to be staying.

During my check in, there were repeated problems with the credit card my company had provided. I'm not sure whether it was a problem with the cards or with the hotel computer, but it took 6 tries before a card would successfully swipe. After that though, I had no issues with checking in.

The room was great. I had a corner room on the first floor, so I could walk right out onto the boardwalk, and had a great view of the ocean. It was a king bed room, but the bed wasn't the most comfortable I've slept on. I do appreciate that Hampton usually has an extra blanket in the closet, so I stayed at a comfortable temperature. The room was also a handicap accessible room, so the bathroom was larger than usual. My only complaint about the room was that it was located directly across the hall from the service area, and the folks working in there were constantly noisy from 6 in the morning till about 4 in the afternoon.

Breakfast was typical of a Hampton Inn...just so-so. The coffee was good, and they had a nice tea selection. However, every time I asked a server for a specific type of tea, they would always say they didn't think they had any. They wouldn't go check. But then the next day, there would invariably be the type of tea that I was looking for...the server just didn't want to go looking. I did eat dinner one night at the hotel, and was very happy with the meal I had. Excellent crab soup and a good fresh caesar salad.

The hotel amenities were average. The gym was tiny, and had three pieces of cardio equipment and no strength training equipment whatsoever. The business center was home to two extremely slow computers. However, the sundries shop in the lobby of the hotel was convenient and had a good selection of snacks and beverages.

On the whole, this was a very typical hotel. I enjoyed my stay, and the location is excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in September for our grandchildren's baptism. The hotel is right on the beach and located near plenty of area attractions within walking distance.

The room was fine, we had an ocean view room with two queen beds. The only real issue we had was that the bathroom was not as clean as we are use to from a Hilton Chain. We only stayed one night so we didn't ask to change rooms but probably should have.

The carpet was OK but when we walked on it with white socks, the bottom of our socks were very dirty so I am not for sure how well the cleaning crew do. Also, the bathroom floor had beer bottle caps behind the toilet so I know they didn't do a great cleaning from the last group the used the room.

When we showered in the morning, we noticed mildew on the bottom of the shower curtain which confirmed that management isn't checking up on the cleaning crews.

The pool and hot tub were fine but there was a lot of sand in them from people not showering when they came from the beach and just jumping in. You cant fix that due to ignorant travelers.

Breakfast was the standard Hampton fare in the hotel restaurant. Other than the bathroom and carpet, the hotel is OK and the stay was fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My first trip to Virginia Beach and hotel was clean & friendly. We had a first floor room that overlooked the ocean. The balcony door was secured by a bar, which was a nice added security feature. Beds were very comfortable and towels were extra soft. We had dinner in the hotel and food was ok and somewhat overpriced. Definitely will stay here again!

Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have not stayed at this hotel in awhile. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn South due to cost(Hampton Inn South is usually cheaper), so I am not sure if they are owned by the same company. The pool was dirty with algae and other things. I had to kill a roach and other bugs in my room. The room and common areas did not look clean. I would not go back, period. People in housekeeping and the breakfast area were very friendly, front desk people need a little training on greeting customers with a smile and saying hello at least.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hamptonvboceanfront, Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We regret that your stay was not as expected, and assure you that the management team is reviewing your comments and taking any action required. We take pride in making sure that the hotel is clean and safe for our guests, and utilize professional exterminating and staff inspections to prevent insects.
Richmond va, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The staff was great- We had a large group- and they were ready for us when we arrived- got in with no hold ups-- offered information for resturants in area-- breakfast was very good. rooms all face the ocean and balconys for each room.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North? Share your experiences!