“Fabulous view from our balcony” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #18 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Athens, Ohio
“Fabulous view from our balcony”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 days at this Hampton and had a wonderful time. The view from our 6th floor room was spectacular. The room was nice, the staff was helpful and the breakfast was delicious.
We were there in early May so it was quiet in the area, not crowded . It was lovely to sit at breakfast and watch the ocean. Can't wait until our next visit.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Cleveland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My family and I recently stayed here from Sept 8th-14th. The hotel staff was super friendly and very accommodating. Continential breakfast was pretty good and they had a variety of foods-waffles, bagels, danishes, eggs,biscuits, fruit, yogurt, cereal-lots to choose from. The sign in the pool area stated the temp was 82*, but it was freezing! We couldnt take the kids swimming for more than 20 mins at a time. Cleaninliness could have been improved upon. The location and views were AMAZING! I would stay here again, for the rates we paid-most likely not during peak season when prices are higher though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

fredericksburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hampton Oceanfront is in an excellent location for the first time visitor to Virginia Beach. The rooms all have an ocean view. The staff was helpful and accommodating. The pool is located inside and directly across from the front desk. This may be good for the cold months but extremely unattractive during our visit. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to the Va. Beach area.

Room Tip: All have ocean views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We recently stayed At Hampton Inn North for 5 nights. We arrived early and a room was not ready so we had some lunch and walked on the boardwalk for along time. We went back around 3, other people were checking in, but our room wasn't ready. OK, can't really complain....check in is 4pm. We stayed in room 510. It was a nice room, great view of the ocean. It was fun to sit on the balcony and watch people on the boardwalk.

There are some good restaurants in walking distance, and we took the bus down Atlantic Ave to find somewhere to eat one night. Easy. The parking lot was packed and we didn't want to give up our space.

FYI...it cost $39 to rent an umbrella & 2 lounge chairs. The chairs had a nice pad on them. I thought it was a little expensive, but it's been awhile since we rented so what do I know.

Breakfast was good. There was something different every morning in the hot food area. Plenty of tables to sit at.

The only complaint we had was housekeeping didn't have our room cleaned 2 of the days when we came up from the beach. We would leave our room between 9-9:30 and come back around 2PM. We wanted to take showers and a short nap, but couldn't.

I'm not a fan of indoor pools , but I did use this one once. it was clean, a little cold, and there were plenty of clean towels. There is a waterfall off to the side that can give you a little massage if you stand under it. There is a sign asking you to dry off before you leave the pool area, but there were always wet foot prints in the hallway. I 'm sure it's next to impossible for them to keep the floor dry there.

We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This has to be one of the best located hotels on Virginia Beach. It is right by the famous statue of Neptune and Neptune Park where free concerts and live music takes place daily. We arrived very early but they managed to find an available room for us around 12:30 which was very convenient. The rooms are very comfortable and the views from the balcony exquisite. We saw dolphins every morning. The amenities are excellent, even the hairdryer was powerful (low powered ones being a pet hate of mine!). The restaurant food was very good but the service a little slow, however when the food is as good as it was this doesn't bother us. Breakfast was also good. We came back around 15:00 one day and room service hadn't prepared our room, but were two rooms away. They said they would do ours next so we went to a local bar for an hour. When we returned it was ready. If I was to be really picky the gym was very limited with only one bike, cross trainer and a running machine. The belt on the running machine was a bit lumpy. I haven't scored them down for this as it's not essential and for people who like jogging it's far nicer to use the 3 mile boardwalk outside. (It was a little too warm for me to run outside so I used the gym). If we ever return to VB we will definitely book this hotel again.

Stayed September 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I travel to the area for work on a regular basis (and try to avoid in season). I have stayed farther North on Atlantic and like this location for easy walking both North and South -basically once you get here you don't need a car to get around or have access to several places to eat. You are within feet from the King Neptune statue on the boardwalk.

*Hilton is one hotel South, and new Hilton Garden Inn (expected to open Spring 2014) is within a block North so lots of Hilton properties close by if you are a Hilton Honors member to enjoy in the happening growing area.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms face the water with balconys (or patios on 1st floor). 8 floors, the higher up the bette...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The hotel is perfectly situated on the water and right on the boardwalk. It is so convenient to the beach. I also loved that every room faced the water. Great pool!
The service was so bad that I would never, ever, ever stay here again. I am a frequent traveler and recently moved all my hotel points from Marriott to Hilton. This ONE stay was for business, but we were mixing in a little pleasure. We showed up early but left our bags at the front until our room would be ready. I came back several times to check on my room, only to be turned away because it wasn't "cleaned yet". I even checked on the room (they gave me a key so I could use the business center) and it was already cleaned and had been for hours. It was 6 hours until they would allow me into my room. This has never happened to me before or since.

Room Tip: All rooms were great... when you can get in one... Do not go here for business.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North? Share your experiences!