“Amazing Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
“Amazing Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have never been to Virginia Beach before and I cannot express how great my stay was. The staff was among the best I have ever seen ready and willing to help with a smile and just to make our stay the best it could be. The room was amazing, very spacious and one of the most comfortable and a most amazing view of the ocean. I cannot say enough about this experience, when I come back this is where I will stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
hamptonvboceanfront, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
You have made our day...thanks for posting! It is such a pleasure to read feedback like this! We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel, and that our staff were helpful! Your compliments have been passed on to the management team and staff to help "keep the smiles coming." We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Amelia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were victims of an inside phone scam, although the hotel manager refused to consider- the possibility- his employee (s) played a part in it. SCARY STUFF! If the phone rings in your room at the Hampton Inn, VA Beach Oceanfront and someone on the other end tells you "the hotel computer system is down and you will be double billed" HANG UP! Had we not experienced that...it would have been a nice weekend get-a-way. Overall nice hotel and great location. Thank God, I hung up the phone after the person insisted I give my credit card Info. I immediately called the front desk only to be informed the computer system was up and running...SCARY STUFF!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptonvboceanfront, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. We share your concerns about this phone scam, and are glad that you avoided becoming a victim. The safety and privacy of our guests is our top priority, and we are sorry for any concern that this caused. Our management team has discussed this occurrence to ensure the continued security of all guests.

Advisories about this nationwide hotel phone scam have appeared in news media and in consumer alerts. Typically, a guest’s room phone rings late at night with someone claiming to be the front desk. There are several scenarios, but frequently they claim that the hotel’s computers are down, and request the guest’s credit card information again.

Brand standards require that incoming callers correctly identify the last name of a registered guest before being transferred to a guest room. If additional billing information is needed during a guest’s stay, consumers should provide this information at the front desk, and never over the phone. Our hotel staff will never request credit card information for an in-house guest over the telephone.
Midland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Its all about location with this property-every room is ocean view. We are not talking about ocean front with a partial or side view. Full on ocean view. Rooms were nice and clean. The grill was very good and the staff was friendly and helpful. Pool is indoors and located across from the front desk and the entrance was near the bar so you had to walk past it to gain entrance. The elevators were very slow. But overall, a good hotel that I would recommend.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with all rooms being ocean front.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Typical Hampton Inn in a good way, especially when considering a beach vacation - free internet, free parking, great breakfast and clean and comfortable beds. The room had a large mini-fridge and a microwave as well which can reduce food/drink expenditures. The view was fantastic with all rooms oceanfront with a balcony. It was very quiet as well for sleeping. The only downside was the indoor pool was a little small and the lobby practically non-existent and we missed having an outdoor pool. However, the area was great, right on the boardwalk with lots of places to eat nearby.

Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'm a Hilton Honors member, my family travels quite a bit, and we frequently stay at their hotels. We've stayed at an oceanfront hotel during the North American Sand Soccer Championships every year for the past several years, and last year we stayed at this Hampton Inn. The view of the games was great from our oceanfront room. The room was clean and comfortable; however, the customer service was shocking. We asked for a late checkout so that our young son who was in the tournament could rest in the room (and out of the heat) for as long as possible (I believe that's one of the perks of being a Hilton Honors member, based on availability of course). The front desk staff granted our request and allowed us a late checkout. We were in the room at the regular check out time when housekeeping staff came to the door (a female housekeeper along with a man who was either in housekeeping, maintenance, or security...not sure) saying that they needed our sheets and towels. I explained that the front desk granted us late checkout to which they replied that we could stay in the room, but they needed to take our sheets and towels. They literally barged into the room past me and proceeded to take apart the bedding. My family and I were so taken aback, we hastily gathered our things and left the hotel. We were completely bullied out of our room by the housekeeping staff. I normally don't write this sort of review, I prefer to handle poor service by discussing it with the manager. When we got home, my husband emailed the hotel manager directly and received no response. I also emailed Hilton from their website and again received no response. It was as if they flat out didn't care that a loyal Hilton/Hampton Inn customer had a very bad experience at this property. I have never been treated like that at a hotel before or since. We are staying at a different hotel on the boardwalk this year and we will not stay at this Hampton Inn again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
hamptonvboceanfront, General Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. Although your stay was one year ago this month, we are quite concerned about your experience. I ask that you contact me directly to discuss this stay as we have no report of this situation through our hotel logs or through the Hilton Guest Satisfaction channels. Please accept our apologies, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Schaffner
Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Hampton Inn hotel in Virginia Beach, North, was clean, comfortable, large, and perfectly located. It is situated right next to the Hilton and the Neptune statue. A Hilton Garden hotel is being built right next to the Hampton Inn. The location could not be any better. The staff was very friendly and the area the hotel is located is very clean. I used to stay at hotels on the south end, but after experiencing the north end, I will not stay south any more. This was a very pleasant stay and a wonderful sleep. I love that the hotel washes the duvet covers every day and the breakfast was fantastic!

Beltsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Optimum location; All rooms have excellent Oceanfront view. Great services and excellent food. Right next to King Neptune and Ocean 31. The only improvement I would recommend in an upgrade to the elevators. They were slow and outdated.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North? Share your experiences!