“Great view, very good Hampton” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3107 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
Atlanta
“Great view, very good Hampton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel has great beach views. The room was a little smaller than other Hamptons I've stayed in, but the room was up to Hampton standards. Since it is out of season, the beach closes up early. I arrived about 6:30 or 7:00 and there were not a lot of dinner options immediately close by. I agree with another reviewer about the halls and elevator - they were cold. Good breakfast selection. The view in the morning was nice....right on the beach and there is a lighted walking path parallel to the beach. Walked outside and took a photo of this large statue of Neptune a few humdred feet to the South. Interesting. The room was reasonably priced for this time of year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

675 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Pennsauken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I enjoyed the stay here even in the off season. the staff in the dining area were so nice (olivia and richard) the check in was quick, every one you passed said hello, the rooms are clean as well as the bathroom. the only thing I had a problem with was it was freezing in the halls and elevator, not sure why?? Oh also the cost for off season I found to be pricey not that I have a problem but some ppl would deter because of it.

Room Tip: choose the oceanview on the 3rd and above wow what a sight and buy water and snacks they are high at...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
St Arnoult en Yvelines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by this hotel! Very friendly, spectacular location, reasonably priced, very comfortable room overlooking the beach and the ocean. Highly recommended. Complementary breakfast was surprisingly good. Free parking.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies overlooking the boardwalk/beach/ocean!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sidman, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We are always happy when we stay at a Hampton Inn. But this hotel has totally went above and beyond my expectations. Upon arrival we were greated by a friendly check in lady. Who made sure we were informed about all the hotel offered. We were offered help to our room. And after being there for a few minutes a wonderful lady asked us if we needed anything and if our room was meeting our needs. The hotel was very clean throughout. The pool and hot tub were also well maintaned. Breakfast was also great, they had something for everyone. And once again the staff was so friendly and helpful. Throughout our stay we were greated by smiling faces and were always asked if we were in need of anything. When my vacation was over I really hated leaving. I can't wait to return next year. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
hamptonvboceanfront, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post a review and for your kind words! We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations, and that you will be returning next year! We look forward to it! Also, thanks for recommending us to others!

Kind regards,
Rob Waddell - DOSM
Junction City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I just felt pampered from the moment I walked in to when I left. THANK YOU Elton, Bobbie and the reservation desk staff, the staff at the bar, Jodi at dinner, Olivia at breakfast, for taking wonderful care of me! Loved the room with clean, pristeen fluffy everything (7th floor ocean view)-you were so sweet indulging my request! I didnt have to worry about taxis, etc. It felt like a total getaway, even on a business trip! THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your review and for being a loyal guest! We are honored that you chose us for your anniversary and your wife’s birthday! It sounds like you really enjoyed the hotel and location and found plenty of great places to eat! Again, thanks for staying and we hope that we will see you again soon!

At your service,
Rob Waddell
TENNEESSEE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I are here on our annual fall break to the beach. We go to different beach locations each year. The view from our balcony is magnificent! Our cleaning person, Blue has done an excellent job in dealing with our very relaxed schedule while thoroughly maintaining our room. Thank You, Blue! An unexpected plus to our stay is the proximity to the Hilton Hotel and it's 5 star restaurant, Catch 31. A real treat as we also celebrate our anniversary and my wife's birthday. The boardwalk is the best! We recommend Rockafellers Restaurant and the nearby Rudee's Restaurant for lunch the location is on the Rudee Inlet and you'll get an airshow of the fighters from the airbase close by. We love Hampton Inns for the size of the suites and the options offered to us by the included refrigerator and microwave. This really helps with the food we couldn't finish and could not bear to leave behind. There are some very nice shops within walking distance of the Hampton Inn and more specialty shoppes and the Lynnhaven Mall within 20 minutes drive. The Hotel staff was friendly and ready to help make our stay great, Mission accomplished!

Room Tip: All rooms have a full view of the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for being a loyal guest! We are honored that you chose us for your anniversary and your wife’s birthday! It sounds like you really enjoyed the hotel and location, and found plenty of great places to eat! Again, thanks for staying, and we hope that we will see you again soon!

At your service,

Rob Waddell - DOSM
Princeton, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

A friend and I were on a short trip to Virginia Beach. Four nights. Our original plan was to stay with a family member, but things fell through. In a pinch, we ended up calling the hotel. I spoke with a sweet sweet lady who gave us a really good deal on our room. $116 a night, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. She was an answer to our prayers!

We ended up checking into our room late Friday night. I'm HUGE Tripadvisor Junkie so I always check reviews before I stay anywhere. However, this was a last minute thing and I didn't have time to look. Once we had checked in we decided to look at reviews. I had seen three reviews that mentioned bed bugs. That is my BIGGEST hotel fear!!! Once we read the reviews we proceeded to gut the room looking for any little critter that may be lurking in the night. We pulled headboards off the wall, took bedding off the beds, inspected the curtains, and all came back nice and clean. We slept easy knowing we had done some pretty thorough checking!

Our stay was nice. Our beds were comfortable. The rooms were clean. The staff was friendly. We slept with the door to our room open, but the curtains closed. Was incredible to fall asleep to the sound of crashing waves. Upon waking up we saw dolphins playing in the water from our hotel balcony!!! It was so nice! We spent our evenings walking on the beach. It was a great stay that we totally enjoyed!

Breakfast is free so that was a nice bonus! Eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, muffins, cereal, fruit, bread, toast, bagels, english muffins, oatmeal, and waffles. We never walked out the door hungry!

We had a great time and would stay again!

Room Tip: Anything higher than ground level will give you a great view of the ocean!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North? Share your experiences!