My wife and I stayed for one night at this lovely hotel. Everything was great, good service clean rooms, the 3rd floor smelled funny but other than that it was nice. We checked out the following day at around 8:30 in the morning. A week and a half later we woke up to find that Hampton Inn had charged us an $8 dollar fee. When we called to find out why they told us we had ordered one frozen food meal, an ice cream and a soda from their in-hotel store at their front counter, something neither of us did. They advised us to call the GM, who i called twice leaving messages. He never responded. Upon the third time i reached a young lady who told me that we did in fact order this. When i asked her how this is done (since I didn't even know they had an in-hotel store or that this was possible) she told me that someone had come up to the front desk with my information (your last name and your room number is all you need to order something at the store) and purchased it and that they are not responsible if someone had my information. She argued with me about whether or not me and my wife ordered this entree for one person the morning after we checked out for roughly 7-9 minutes before finally asking me and i quote "Sir, is this really over $7.38 cents"? So to anyone wanting to bunk down in the Hampton Inns BEWARE they apparently don't check ID's and anyone standing behind you at check in as at liberty to purchase items in your name! She finally agreed to remove the charge after i told her i wouldn't budge off having it removed until they pulled up the video of me NOT buying this stupid meal. She also told me that i wasn't here to see the video so it wouldn't matter because she has no way of telling me what i looked like. A good stay gone bad. I reassured her i was willing to drive back up tot he Hampton Inn and show her who i am, and finally she buckled stating the above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North is conveniently located with 120 ocean facing rooms. Wake up refreshed after an amazing night’s sleep on Hampton’s Clean and Fresh Bed®, and enjoy the ocean sunrise while sipping coffee from your private beach balcony. Our free hot breakfast buffet saves you money and time so you can get on with your day. At our Virginia Beach oceanfront hotel you get free WiFi, free onsite parking, and a microwave and refrigerator in every room. Relax in our newly remodeled waterfall pool and hot tub. Enjoy an exceptional dinner in our oceanfront restaurant, North Beach Bar & Grill. At the end of the day, join the fun in our lounge and seasonal outdoor boardwalk cafe. As always, your stay is backed by the 100% Hampton Guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hampton Inn