“Always good” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I have ate here many years ago so when came back had to go to it, still great and still easy on the wallet, nice people and very good food esp the pancakes!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Delicious food - an unexpected great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I visisted this restaurant...stumbled in to this restaurant, actually...after running a half-marathon in Virginia Beach this past St. Patrick's Day weekend. It was freezing cold and I was looking for the first place on my path serving up pancakes, coffee, and warmth while I waited for a friend to finish the race. Maple Tree Pancake House is unassuming from the outside but nice and cozy on the inside. The place was full of post-race runners and pretty packed, but regardless of how busy the hosts, cashier, and wait staff were all as friendly as if you were the only customer. I had swedish crepes and bacon, both of which were delicious and served quickly and piping hot. The coffee was average, black perculator coffee (don't go in to a place that's not Starbuck's expecting Starbuck's, and you won't be disappointed!) All in all, a great place to grab an inexpensive but tasty breakfast and enjoy the beach area. Will repeat the experience, this time without the freezing cold and sore muscles!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, Pennsylvania
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went to breakfast here on a Monday morning about 11:00 a m. The restaurant has some parking, but not much. We entered the restaurant and were immediately seated as there were not many customers. After being seated our waiter came to ask if we wished coffee and/or orange juice. We chose coffee and water. Service was quick. We both ordered pancakes, with me asking for biscuits and my husband asking for extra-crispy bacon. To my surprise, our food came out quickly, much faster than I thought it would. The odd thing I found was I ordered banana pancakes and anticipated the bananas on top of my pancakes. When they arrived, there were four on top of my pancakes, which puzzled me. Apparently, they put the fruit IN the food. The pancakes were good, both my banana pancakes and my husband's chocolate chip pancakes. The biscuits were tasty and to our surprise his bacon was very crispy. Everything was tasty and service was very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morehead, Kentucky
“Just had breakfast here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I just had breakfast here as it is across the street from my hotel. It is not amazing but certainly nothing to complain about. Quality eggs and pancakes. The coffee ($2.50) is 'free refills' but tastes mediocre at best. $7-$10 per person for breakfast not including a drink.

A+ for service and family friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wakefield, Virginia
“sub-par”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

ham/cheese omelletes had very little cheese...tea was terrible...soda tasted flat...would recommend going elsewhere...

Visited February 2013