“Keep on driving” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sunshine Inn & Suites

Sunshine Inn & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Sunshine Inn & Suites
2701 Pacific Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #101 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
“Keep on driving”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010 via mobile

I was at this hotel for 2 weeks and the desk clerk name ANN told me 260.00 for was the payment for the room weekly until Memorial Day so the next week this chick charges me 364.00 im sorry but these rooms are not WORTH the money, their dirty, stains on everything. It smells like an old man and it looks like mold are in certain places in the room, so on my last day there ANN came to check the room and REFUSED to give me my 50.00 deposit b/c she said we burn the wall and stove knobs in room 201 and those walls were already like that so she kept my 50.00 I will NEVER go there again b/c there a rip off, we cleaned our room better than the housekeeping did and one of there housekeepers was gossiping most of the time in the room with me instead of cleaning snd even she was talking about how rude ANN is and how scamming the manager is, AGAIN never stay at this hotel

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
VA Beach VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

he went out of his way to make sure I could connect my wrieless as I was there for business when my wireless did not work in 1 room he walked it around until he found a good signal and then moved my room to were it connected its rare you get service like that , most hotels blame it on your computer BR did not he went above and beyond helping me during my stay ,Great Service I will stay there again

D Kelly

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Harrington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

Do not stay here ever! It stinks &when you get home wash your clothes 2x! GROSE. Their efficiency is one sink that you wash your hands in, spit in & wash dishes in. Their 30 yr old dirty frig stinks. No internet, hbo or cleanliness, has hard beds. Went thru getaroom.com & was told it was a 2 bedrm st, false! It was a lil room with 2 beds, was refused a refund! LISTEN & never stay here EVER! Filthy place &worst hotel ever. My child was scared to stay here..oh yeah they have a bullet proof window at office. LOL What a Dump!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Do not stay in this hotel....
I usually don't take the time to write reviews, even though I read them. BAD ME!! Now I know better. I read the reviews on this hotel on some other site not sure which one, but they really weren't bad. Really only one bad one. Wish I could find that sight again so I can set them straight. This place is AWFUL. You go to check in and your first thought of "I made a big mistake" is when you have to talk to someone through a plastic window. Then the next no..no..is when you walk into your room and it smells like tiddy-bowl mixed with a whole can of stinky air freshner. The heater sounded like it was an airplane getting ready to take off which was covered in mold. They put me in another room....a little better except I wouldn't put my foot in the tub/shower if you paid me. Very dirty. Not to mention it looked like the carpet hadn't been vacumed in months. I was at VA. Beach for a reunion party and when we returned to our rooms at 1:45am (very cold night) the key didn't work. I had to get someone to come and open the door (they gave me a new key). Next morning I took things out to the car and went to get back in the room and ....what do you know the key did not work AGAIN, along with most everyone else at the hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE......just like they always say "you get what you pay for" I should have listened to my inner voice and spent $20.00 more for another hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
SunshineVB, Manager at Sunshine Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 16, 2010
I would appreciate if the Guest can Contact me (Manager)for further Verification in order to understand the nature of the Complain.
The Phone number is 757-428-4926

Once again we thank you for bringing to my attention in order to make your stay more comfortable, enjoyable as well as memorable at Sunshine Inn & Suites

Manager
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

I booked two rooms and two nights at this hotel one for me and my girlfriend and another for my girlfriends cousin and her spouse...
AT FIRST the people were nice and gave me a good deal. Then my girlfriend got sick the day before we were suppose to check in and we decided the next day that she needed to go to the hospital and we couldn't go...
The hotel policy states you have to cancel 72 hours before you check in but i called and asked if they could make an exception for extenuating circumstances and the manager told me no and that the best he could do is let me check in a day late and still get charged for both nights but of course i needed to stay with my girlfriend in the hospital. The manager again told me no and that i would be charged for the first night and tax so i asked him "why can't we get an exception" and he would not tell me and I proceeded to argue with him and finally told him to just charge me the fee. The other couple still went and would need my card because i booked both rooms so i asked him could they pay in cash and he said yes. When they got there, he presented them with a receipt from MY card and told them they had to sign the receipt (Commit fraud) if they wanted to check in. They told him (the same guy I spoke with on the phone) that wasn't their card and they were paying with cash but he proceeded to make them sign it anyway.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
anhbancalem2003
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Bed and Sheets are so dirty it's ridiculous. Service was very bad. I was charged $300 for an apartment, but was giving a room smaller than the normal room with a kitchen and futon (which was probably found off the streets somewhere). They couldn't even give us a second parking pass. Our Virginia was very nice, everyone was very friendly. Wish I could say the same about Sunshine. It's the worst hotel in the area from the outside and inside.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Norfolk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

Great place to stay with a family. The accomodation was great. Room was spacious, clean as well as the staff who were very helpfull & accomodating.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sunshine Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!