“Great Stay and Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Tysons Hotel

You added Sheraton Tysons Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8661 Leesburg Pike, Tysons Corner, VA 22182 (Formerly Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
“Great Stay and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Check in was seemless. Desk clerks were professional and very helpful. Breakfast in the starwood lounge was good & the view was awesome. Room was very comfortable. Check out was a breeze. We really enjoyed the stay!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Stephen M,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I have shared your review with my colleagues who were happy to read your wonderful comments about our property and being a staff friendly hotel. It is a pleasure to read about our guest loyalty to the Sheraton Tysons and we are glad to hear that all the amenities you described met and exceeded your expectations. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here on a Sunday night and the hallways were silent except for the occasional late night gabbers walking by. My room window faces the inner courtyard, which I think helped. Large enclosed pool and nice gym facilities. Only small gripe... like all large hotels, it sleeps hot. If you want your room below 72 degrees while you sleep, you have to keep your noisy AC on all night. The on/off cycling all night countered the otherwise silent setting. Good location, across from Walmart, insurance against anything you forgot to pack. The Persian restaurant, Shamshiry, is a block away and quite a gem especially you're a carnivore.

Room Tip: Room that faces the courtyard in winter. No one is out there.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Aridon99,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are sorry to hear about the AC noise in the room as we have been guessing to find out the room number. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated! We also appreciate you mentioning our location which is convenient to shopping, entertainments and minutes from the Washington DC downtown area. It is our hope that you choose us again during your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great location, easy to get to even from the Metro/DC or DCA area. If you're a shopper you'll love the Tysons Corner. Everything is in walking distance and with a Walmart behind the hotel you can save even more.

Room Tip: Go high, 2007 provides an awesome view!!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Doug F,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. I was glad to learn that you are enjoying the location convenience as well as our staff and service. We look forward to your future visits and I hope our paths will cross while you are staying with us.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A beautiful facility, well laid out, hosted an area bluegrass festival this past weekend.

The staff, other than desk staff, was woefully inadequate to handle the demand of this large crowd. The 'restaurant' chose to be on a limited menu of basically mediocre pub food, which took over an hour to appear and was not worth the wait. Our drinks finally arrived maybe 5 minutes before the food. A suited gentleman who appeared to be an F&B manager swanned around the room without much effect on service or wait time. A later visit to the nearly empty cocktail lounge resulted in both drink orders being completely wrong.

The maintenance of the ladies room was appalling. 4 toilets, one stopped up with visual evidence for most of the weekend, paper and sanitary products on the floor. THREE separate reports to a suited young woman busily chatting to a busboy and 2 idle food service workers in the lobby blithely waved off my concerns, saying 'I called on it'. It wasn't until the third time that someone later appeared...and did something...but not sure what since toilet still stopped up, trash bin not emptied, and 2 out of three faucets were not functional. Considering the large crowd, these restrooms should have had a dedicated worker.

The temerature in the ballroom was not able to be regulated properly with the result that doors had to be left open between the concert venue and the lobby, meaning music jamming in the lobby and loud coversations interuppted concert listening. And then there was the maintenance worker who could not find a light switch to turn off strobing lights near the stage. 20 minutes and 1 migraine later...success.

Lovely facility, great rooms....terrible training of service personnel coupled with poor executive management policymaking and management, left me with a bad taste for a great festival.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Mary-Beth P,
I trust you will accept that the difficulties you experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards. The blue grass festival was the first time we have hosted and were not expecting 1,500 people to show up as we observed, so I truly apologize! Please be assured that the issues raised have been investigated and appropriate action has been taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sheraton Tysons in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Upon traveling from another state to bring in my anniversary. I was unaware of where I was being taken. Due to the forecast for Valentine weekend it was very very cold. I had never experienced anything like it. We arrived at the hotel and my breath was taken away due to the location and surroundings. Upon me checking in, the staff whose name I cannot pronounce but it's a female that starts with a "M," I'm sorry, was very perofessional and kind. The front desk manager had already informed her to upgrade me to the club level. Me not knowing my friend had dropped of a bottle of wine. When I entered the room I was speechless!! The view was spectacular. I had truffles, strawberries and wine awaiting for me. It was the best experience I have had in a long time at a very nice hotel. With the fact that they are less than a mile from Tyson Corner Mall!!! I was truly in heaven!! I encourage anyone seeking quality and professionalism to go to this hotel. You won't regret it I didnt!!

C. Stanley
Gary, Indiana

• Stayed February 2015
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear NeNe2016,
We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. How lucky we are to have the chance of hosting you at this special date as we know life is full of great memories and we know this one will sure be one for you. Thank you again for attaching our name to your memories. The team member who helped you was Marina.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a music event. Front desk staff at check in was average. We stayed in a club level room which was nice. The only negative was a large patch on the ceiling which was unsightly. There were only two sets of towels in the room which seemed a bit out of the ordinary. The service at the onsite restaurant was poor. Two staff members were downright rude and unpleasant. Two others we dealt with were very helpful. The food was very good despite the poor service. At checkout I was very impressed with Stephen who took the time to hear and address our concerns. The interaction with him was the only thing that would make it possible that I would consider a return stay. Overall the hotel is fairly priced. The restaurant staff was the major negative in our experience.

• Stayed February 2015
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear DBerly,

We want to thank you for your valuable comments regarding your experience with us and we look forward to having you again with us in the future. We apologize for the restaurant service but we are glad to hear that Steven was helpful. We thank you again for sharing your comments and look forward to your next visit.
Stevensville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Like all of the better Starwood oriperties, this site delivers. Facility is well kept and updated. The staff is friendly and we'll trained to provide great customer service. WiFi signal could be stronger in the lobby/restaurant area.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Christopher M,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I have shared your review with my colleagues who were happy to read your wonderful comments about our property. It is a pleasure to read about our guest loyalty to the Sheraton Tysons. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again!

Been to Sheraton Tysons Hotel? Share your experiences!