“Beautiful Hotel! Wonderful Staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Tysons Hotel

You added Sheraton Tysons Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8661 Leesburg Pike, Tysons Corner, VA 22182 (Formerly Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Upland, CA
“Beautiful Hotel! Wonderful Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed at this beautiful hotel from 9-13 July 2014. I was there for a reunion. The room I had was on the 15th floor and I had a wonderful night time view overlooking the commuter train tracks and the well lit local area.
My room was well appointed. The bed was incredibly comfortable. All the lamps worked, there was a huge closet, a large bathroom, and free bottles of water. I did not have a refrigerator but the ice machine was just around the corner from my room.
The television did not have any free movie channels. FOX Cable News was not listed on the hotel's station list but after a thorough search I found it. MSNBC and CNN were on the menu, so maybe a liberal wrote the menu.
The lady who cared for my room, Clara, did an outstanding job.
I ate the breakfast buffet my second day there. The food was excellent and the price was right. I am thankful that I am not a drinker. Mixed drinks were outrageously priced at about $9.50 a drink. For the price of two drinks my friends went out to an ABC store and bought their alcohol. Beers are priced at about $5.00 apiece.
The is a 24-hour Wal-Mart grocery store 50 yards from the hotel which is very convenient.
There are a few fast food places nearby. It is my understanding that SmashBergers and the local kabob places served good food. Please refrain from eating at Noodles. Jesus, it takes a real effort to screw up pasta. However, Noodles must have had years of practice. Sour pasta and meatballs? I have eaten tastier C-Rations.
At the reception desk is a young lady named Marina. She is the best ambassador the hotel has. She is friendly, kind, and very knowledgeable. Really, the entire staff is very professional and kind.
The elevators are fast. Three are available to take passengers to rooms located in the tower. If you have the option, get a room in the tower. The hotel has two pools, indoor, and you guessed it, an outdoor pool. Next to the indoor pool is a jacuzzi. I tried to visit the indoor pool whenever the Saudi Arabian Airlines' attendants were using the pools. There was more pulchritude among these ladies than is found in a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.
The hotel is very close to the subway station that is due to open in late July 2014. This train will take you in 30 minutes to the Mall and the Smithsonian Museums for $9.20 round trip.

Room Tip: Get a room in the tower.
Green Features: I am not a tree-hugger, so I really do not care whether or not it is environmentally friendly. I do not work for the EPA or any snoopy government agency.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear JimPackerFan,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at Sheraton Tysons. Your comments about your Reunion convention seem to point to an enjoyable stay. We are glad to know that you appreciated our staff and the service they provided during your conference. Mentioning Marina our star front desk team member in your review is very much appreciated and will make sure to pass the credit to her. Again thank you for your business and we hope you visit us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Dalworthington Gardens, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Overall the hotel was very nice. We especially enjoyed the club lounge which was run very well with a nice view from the top floor. We also had a couple of good meals at the hotel restaurant where the service was good both times. Right now, this hotel is very convenient to the airport but not so much to downtown, but that is changing in a couple of weeks. When the new silver metro line opens, this hotel will be super convenient to anywhere !!

Only complaint was at the indoor pool. They actually had a lifeguard there which you don't see often. The pool was clearly and appropriately marked as "No Diving", but when my kids went into the pool, the lifeguard insisted that there was no jumping allowed either ? So, the kids were pretty bummed about the no fun in the pool atmosphere. This is probably a better business hotel than family hotel anyway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Greg B,
It was a pleasure to note how much you have enjoyed your stay and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support. We appreciate all our guests especially the ones who tell us about the efforts that the staff puts together to ensure every guest leaves with great experience. Your observation about the indoor pool’s attendant is very well taken and a follow-up is in place. Thank you for the review.
Anniston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This property has just been overhauled from top to bottom and results are excellent.

The front end staff were very prompt, responsible, courteous, and dependable. I cannot say the same for the dining facilities, although they had a limited menu, and also breakfast buffet, it was catch as catch can a wait staff person. Some things were not quickly refilled when out on the buffet line and in one particular case they stated they run out on or about 9 AM that morning. If you are going to run a particular item make sure you have it on hand for the duration. Not enough wait staff to cover the dining area, even with buffet line in operation, where people waited on themselves.
I still give it a foour

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear PeteAnniston,
Thank you very much for your recent stay and for your great comments. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially the warm hospitality that you received from our Front Desk Staff. We have also shared your comments with our Food and Beverage department for the Buffet evaluation. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The rooms were fine, lots of long confusing hallways. No concierge on site which was weird. Hard to get to DC...needed a cab(the drivers at hotel will charge u a flat fee of $20 to metro station, it's only 1/2 that in a cab!) to get to metro then metro to dc. They have 2 pools but only 1 is open at a time cuz they have a lifeguard, fitness center is really nice. Only 1 resturant on site but could walk to others nearby. It was hard being here for 5 days and wanting to do the tourist thing in DC.

Stayed July 2014
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear JenD,
Through each comment we receive, both positive and negative, we are able to seek knowledge and growth to better serve our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is truly appreciated and I will be sure to share it with my colleagues. The good news is that now the new walking distance to the Metro starts on June 26, 2014. We hope we can welcome you back in the near future and should you require any future assistance please feel free to call upon me directly.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Well done to the hotel staff for supporting the event that I attended at the hotel. The staff was very attentive, with 5 Stars going to the front desk team - and especially Kevin - who made me feel right at home.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Peter C,
Thank you for taking the time to post and for your great praise for our hotel! We appreciate your business and we look forward for your next visit to the Tysons area. Allowing us to be part of your trip and mentioning our staff in particular Kevin is very much appreciated! – Thank you again and best wishes.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Thank you very much to the staff and supporting staff , the Hotel was clean, in fact everything looked new... the club level breakfast and snacks were more than we expected and the views from our room was stunning!! First time in the DC area and it was wonderful!! Our room service was delivered fast and was so delish..the attendant Saoub was a very sweet girl and so polite..Thank you everyone ...for a wonderful stay!!

Room Tip: The Hotel has great views 360...
Green Features: very nice recycle bins every where..nice the Ac wasn't on blast when we got there so it was pleasant ..and the dark curtains maintained the room cool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Alice61,
Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of the staff and particularly Souad. Thank you for the review.
Expedition Station 8626
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This was out tri-annual reunion for Nurnberg American High School. We had (360) students, teachers and guests join us for a week of fun and excitement. This hotel was FIVE Star from the moment we arrived. The doormen were polite and greeted (Bernard) us with a smile and welcome! The check-in desk was amazing! Nicole, Kevin, Dave, Miriam? and others treated us like royalty. Our rooms were perfect and well stocked. Our meeting areas and suites were fantastic. What made the difference you ask??? The EMPLOYEES! From top to bottom, these folks treat you like family and just never stopped trying to please our group. They had a sense of humor and worked with us on every element of our reunion. The Executive Staff (Mike, Jessica and Vicky to name a few) were fantastic. I know I am forgetting many names but I can't think of anyone I met that wasn't kind, courteous and willing to help! When Managers, Directors and Supervisors pitch in and help, it just makes such a difference to everyone. I would never stay in a different hotel in the DC area. This team is the BEST! Thank you all for making our stay so memorable and PRICELESS! I miss the hotel employees as much as I do my classmates and fellow alumni! WELL DONE TEAM Sheraton! Warmest regards, Tom

Room Tip: Stay on the CLUB level, worth the money! GREAT STAFF there also!
Green Features: Exceptional! Had a recycle bin in every room! We also had support from the staff on ensuring we recycled our containers in the Suites and meeting rooms! Super Work!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Tom,
What a pleasure it was to meet you in person! Thank you for staying with us and recommending our hotel to future guests! I was glad to know that you had such a great experience all around with our staff and Five Stars means a lot and we appreciate the score. The Staff gets much recognition from our guests and yours will be very much welcomed by the staff you mentioned and the rest of the team. We look forward to your next visit and I hope to have an opportunity to host your re-union in the future when the “East Coast” gets its turn again. Please do not hesitate to call on us for any hospitality needs.

Been to Sheraton Tysons Hotel? Share your experiences!