The issues here started when we made reservations. We stayed for three nights, but had a group rate for the second and third nights so they would not let us put the first night on the same reservation or give the discount for the first night. Due to this we had stop by front desk to have my credit card swiped again on the second day - not a big problem but an inconvenience. We checked in at the posted check-in time and one of the rooms was not ready (supposedly). An hour later we had not seen anyone cleaning the room and called the front desk twice. Finally, we went to the front desk and asked..they called housekeeping who verified the room ready. The two rooms were both king rooms, and the same price, but one had a larger bathroom with a door separating the toilet and shower from the sink while the other bathroom was combined with much less space. We had to request more towels since only two were provided in each room. The lighting was extremely terrible especially in the bathroom making it very difficult to shave/apply makeup. There was no refrigerator in the rooms. They give you 2 bottles of water each day, but charge $4 for a third if you drink it. The bed WAS the most comfortable of any hotel during a week-long trip (5 different hotels). There is a large and very nice fitness center in the hotel, as well as an indoor and outdoor pool. Only one of the pools is open at a time.
Guest services was helpful in arranging taxis the next morning, but don’t expect anyone at the front desk to answer the phone during check-in time.
The biggest failure of this hotel was the on-site restaurant (Brix and Ale). We arrived in the dining room at 9 am for breakfast. We were served coffee and juice fairly soon after being seated but were not given menus. We were finally able to get the manager’s attention after 15 minutes to ask for menus and also asked for a pot of coffee for the table because refills were non-existent. We finally received breakfast 45 minutes after we were seated. One person's breakfast and part of another order were missing and took another five minutes to arrive after pointing out the orders were not complete. The server mentioned at one point that two people reported out that day which was why everything was slow. While I don't fault the servers for slow service - they were working as quickly as they could - I do fault management for not having a backup plan. Two of our group ordered Belgian waffles which were supposed to come with whipped cream and seasonal berries. After asking about the missing elements, the whipped cream was provided but the berries were never served. Toast was supposed to come with two of the breakfasts but was never served. We asked for waters for everybody and did not receive them until moments before we were leaving.
Be aware there is a lot of road construction around the hotel. The hotel also charges $6 per night for parking and parking is scarce.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Premiere At Tysons Corner Hotel
- Sheraton Premiere At Tysons Corner Hotel Tysons Corner
- Sheraton Hotel Vienna
- Sheraton Tysons Corner
- Sheraton Vienna
- Vienna Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner is a great choice for traveling to the Washington, D.C. area. Our hotel is just moments away from Washington, D.C. and from many local corporate offices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.