“Worst Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Tysons Hotel

You added Sheraton Tysons Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8661 Leesburg Pike, Tysons Corner, VA 22182 (Formerly Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Worst Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed there for a weekend wedding. I am usually pretty nice on writing reviews, but this place took the cake.

The staff is just plain awful. Rude, un-attentive, poor service. While there we ordered room service. Took FOUR trips to get our order (chicken, tea, fruit) and still got it wrong. The restaurant staff paid little or no attention to our table. It wasn't busy in the slightest. Took 20 minutes to get the check and it was the wrong table. The people at the bar also closed it down long before bar time while a large group was there. I've had a better time at hotels that charge a fraction of what they charge. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you only want a quick place to sleep. Nice shuttle service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hello Dan N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your most recent stay with us. Feedback is a gift and it is certainly one way we can improve and provide better service for our guests. Please know that we will review your feedback with our food and beverage team, so we can conduct proper training so this does not happen in the future.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a very attractive, modern, extremely clean property. Free parking is also a plus. this hotel is geared mostly to business travelers but things were pretty busy over the weekend with a convention and a wedding taking place. The indoor pool is very large and impressive with a 2-story high angled glass wall and ceiling. The water in the pool was nice and warm. We tried the outdoor pool the next day. It was also large with comfy lounges and chairs with adequate landscaping. There were plenty of towels at both pools and an attendant at each pool.The SPG club lounge on the 24th floor is very sleek and up do date with a fantastic view. It has a do it yourself latte/cappuccino/machiatto/espresso machine! Snacks were delcious crab cakes, empanadas and other nibbles one day, spring rolls and hummus another. My husband, daughter and I had reserved a room with 2 double beds but the desk clerk suggested a king bed on an upper floor with a bed brought in. This turned out to be fine. The room was large enough and the extra bed was really a bed, not a cot, and it had a nice thick mattress.For those of you who want to be green or save green there is a placard you can hang from your door which let's the maid know you want to skip a clean up and change of towels. Spg club members will get 500 American Express points if you do so.

Here comes the asterisk. The indoor pool attendant was very affable but he hovered nearby and timed each group in the hot tub and sort of nudged you out after 15 minutes even though there was plenty of room for others to join in.Even though both pools were posted as open the indoor pool was closed on a Sat. afternoon although no maintenance was going on. We came in from a movie late Sat.p.m. and went to the club lounge for coffee and saw a last minute notice on the door that the lounge would not be open for breakfast Sunday a.m. but scrambled eggs would be comped in the restaurant. (Grab some granola bars and fruit in the afternoon to be prepared for this in the future.) Unfortunately, the restaurant didn't open until 7 a.m. and we needed to head to the airport earlier.

Location is only 30 minutes from the National Mall which is not a bad trip on a weekend. There is a construction site right next to the hotel, however, where a new Walmart will be going up very shortly. It mau get pretty noisy when things are in full swing
A lot of the nearby roads are also under construction which confused Google Maps on my cell.

The Sheraton Premiere is still a nice place to stay despite these minor inconveniences and I would stay there again. I hope this info is useful to would-be guests.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello mrstmcguire,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your most recent stay! We are glad you enjoyed the pool experience. We recently added mew furniture and made the space more inviting. Please accept our apologies regarding the pool attendant and the club lounge. We have contacted the company we work with regarding pool attendants and are in the process of conducting a new customer service training for all attendants. As for the Club Lounge, I will connect with our food and beverage manager to see what happened but please accept my apologies for not exceeding your expectations. As always, please feel free to connect with me as I would like to invite you back to be my personal guest.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Spent the extra money for a quality hotel with an indoor and outdoor pool. Got into the room, trash on the floor and a full garbage can. After a day in DC, we were looking forward to a dip in the pool and hottub to recover, but the attendant had a no children policy. So 3 nights of a quality, memorable stay became 3 night sequester in the room. Could have spent less, stayed closer to the city, had access to a pool and probably a cleaner room. From rooms to amenities, I can't recommend it at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi TravelINTed,

I am deeply sorry that we did not deliver to your expectations. I will personally see to it that we address the areas you identified (today) and make sure we review with key department leaders. I would like to invite you to personally connect with me as I would like to gain a deeper understanding as to the “no children policy” for the pool. We have families staying with thought-out the year and the pool is one of amenities that our families enjoy. Thank you again for taking the time to post on tripadvisor and I do hope you reach out to me. I would enjoy the opportunity to connect with you.

Take care,

Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband, our dog, and I stayed at the Sheraton Premier Tysons Corner for BlogPaws, a pet blogger conference. Like many of the other conference attendees, we brought our dog with us. We were extremely pleased and amazed at how welcoming the staff was of our dog and all the other pets at the conference. They allowed our conference organizers to set up a fence around a grassy area to create a temporary dog park, they provided water bowls for dogs at the entrance and next to the lobby desk, and they allowed all of our conference events at the hotel to be dog-friendly. But most importantly, the staff was very friendly and welcoming, and appeared to enjoy having all the dogs, cats, ferrets, etc. staying in the hotel. (The other guests seemed to get a kick out of it too.) We had a wonderful time at our conference, and I'm very grateful to the Sheraton Premiere for being so accommodating.

I had an important package shipped to me at the hotel, and when I checked in and provided my name at the front desk, the front desk person asked me to wait one moment, then got my package without me even having to ask about it. At a large hotel with hundreds of people checking in, I wouldn't have been surprised for my package to have been lost -- but this was the type of personal service one would expect in a small boutique hotel or B&B.

In addition to the wonderful staff, we found the hotel itself to be very nice. The room was clean, comfortable, bright, and quiet. The meeting facilities worked out well for our conference - I think we used most of their conference rooms for our various classes, meals, and social events. We didn't have the time to use the pool area, but it looked wonderful, with a very high glass atrium-type ceiling and both indoor and outdoor areas. I was pleasantly surprised to find a small residential neighborhood and greenway near the hotel, so we had a great place to walk with our dog each day.

This is an excellent place for a conference, and a great place to stay while in Tyson's Corner, especially if you're traveling with a dog. If you're traveling with your dog and need a place to walk, follow Ashgrove Lane (the road beside the hotel) back into the residential neighborhood, then take a left on Northern Neck Drive, and the greenway starts at the end of Northern Neck Drive. You can walk in either direction along the greenway or go straight to another residential neighborhood that's also nice for walking. (Google maps shows the greenways.)

Room Tip: We had a room in the tower and it was pretty quiet and very comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WE LOVED THE BlogPaws event!!!!

Hi Labnut!

Thank you for taking the time to share your story and feedback! Our team takes great pride in understanding each group and their special and unique needs; we try to make each group and attendee feel special. I am glad to hear we were able to safeguard your package and have it ready for you at check in! Your event had A LOT of packages shipped to our hotel. :)

We have our weekly team meeting today and it will be a pleasure to share you feedback with the team.

We hope to see you again!

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here on business for one night. Beautiful place, well-appointed. Rooms a bit small,, but I guess that's the "new" design standard. Nice bar area, but a bit pricey on the wine. But one thing that burns my [--] is these places that still charge for WiFi Internet access. C'mon, at the price of the room, WiFi should be a throw-in.

That short-coming and the absence of free breakfast lowers my rating of a very nice property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel locates within walking distance to the metro Dulles Airport line that's currently been constructed so it will be very convenient for out of town guesses once it's complete! It's also closed to the Tyson Corner mall where the hotel has regular shuttle services to as well. The hotel location is also very suitable for its closed proximity to lots of companies and businesses in Tyson Corner area. Rooms are nice and clean with a sophisticate touch. It seems like the hotel has undergone some extensive renovation. Rates are very competitive with other hotels of same class in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Nathantran,

How great is the new Silver Line metro!!! It will open in December of this year and eventually to Dulles Airport. Last year we completed a major renovation of the entire hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post on tripadvisor!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Visited this hotel for a business conference. The hotel lobby was beautiful, the hotel lobby bar was very nice, and the staff were very accomodating. The rooms were clean, a little warm for my liking (the ac didn't seem to get very cold) but the bed was comfy and the room amenities were right on point! We used the the grand ballroom area for our conference, the space was perfect and the food was delicious!

Room Tip: Did not stay in tower-room was great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hi melissa f,

You will be please to know that we reviewed your comments in our team meeting this morning!
Thank you for taking the time to post on tripadvisor! We have engineering looking into your comment regarding the AC!

Take care and thank you for staying with us!