“Dirty room, family unfriendly” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
Tampa, Florida
“Dirty room, family unfriendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Spent the extra money for a quality hotel with an indoor and outdoor pool. Got into the room, trash on the floor and a full garbage can. After a day in DC, we were looking forward to a dip in the pool and hottub to recover, but the attendant had a no children policy. So 3 nights of a quality, memorable stay became 3 night sequester in the room. Could have spent less, stayed closer to the city, had access to a pool and probably a cleaner room. From rooms to amenities, I can't recommend it at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi TravelINTed,

I am deeply sorry that we did not deliver to your expectations. I will personally see to it that we address the areas you identified (today) and make sure we review with key department leaders. I would like to invite you to personally connect with me as I would like to gain a deeper understanding as to the “no children policy” for the pool. We have families staying with thought-out the year and the pool is one of amenities that our families enjoy. Thank you again for taking the time to post on tripadvisor and I do hope you reach out to me. I would enjoy the opportunity to connect with you.

Take care,

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband, our dog, and I stayed at the Sheraton Premier Tysons Corner for BlogPaws, a pet blogger conference. Like many of the other conference attendees, we brought our dog with us. We were extremely pleased and amazed at how welcoming the staff was of our dog and all the other pets at the conference. They allowed our conference organizers to set up a fence around a grassy area to create a temporary dog park, they provided water bowls for dogs at the entrance and next to the lobby desk, and they allowed all of our conference events at the hotel to be dog-friendly. But most importantly, the staff was very friendly and welcoming, and appeared to enjoy having all the dogs, cats, ferrets, etc. staying in the hotel. (The other guests seemed to get a kick out of it too.) We had a wonderful time at our conference, and I'm very grateful to the Sheraton Premiere for being so accommodating.

I had an important package shipped to me at the hotel, and when I checked in and provided my name at the front desk, the front desk person asked me to wait one moment, then got my package without me even having to ask about it. At a large hotel with hundreds of people checking in, I wouldn't have been surprised for my package to have been lost -- but this was the type of personal service one would expect in a small boutique hotel or B&B.

In addition to the wonderful staff, we found the hotel itself to be very nice. The room was clean, comfortable, bright, and quiet. The meeting facilities worked out well for our conference - I think we used most of their conference rooms for our various classes, meals, and social events. We didn't have the time to use the pool area, but it looked wonderful, with a very high glass atrium-type ceiling and both indoor and outdoor areas. I was pleasantly surprised to find a small residential neighborhood and greenway near the hotel, so we had a great place to walk with our dog each day.

This is an excellent place for a conference, and a great place to stay while in Tyson's Corner, especially if you're traveling with a dog. If you're traveling with your dog and need a place to walk, follow Ashgrove Lane (the road beside the hotel) back into the residential neighborhood, then take a left on Northern Neck Drive, and the greenway starts at the end of Northern Neck Drive. You can walk in either direction along the greenway or go straight to another residential neighborhood that's also nice for walking. (Google maps shows the greenways.)

Room Tip: We had a room in the tower and it was pretty quiet and very comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WE LOVED THE BlogPaws event!!!!

Hi Labnut!

Thank you for taking the time to share your story and feedback! Our team takes great pride in understanding each group and their special and unique needs; we try to make each group and attendee feel special. I am glad to hear we were able to safeguard your package and have it ready for you at check in! Your event had A LOT of packages shipped to our hotel. :)

We have our weekly team meeting today and it will be a pleasure to share you feedback with the team.

We hope to see you again!

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here on business for one night. Beautiful place, well-appointed. Rooms a bit small,, but I guess that's the "new" design standard. Nice bar area, but a bit pricey on the wine. But one thing that burns my [--] is these places that still charge for WiFi Internet access. C'mon, at the price of the room, WiFi should be a throw-in.

That short-coming and the absence of free breakfast lowers my rating of a very nice property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel locates within walking distance to the metro Dulles Airport line that's currently been constructed so it will be very convenient for out of town guesses once it's complete! It's also closed to the Tyson Corner mall where the hotel has regular shuttle services to as well. The hotel location is also very suitable for its closed proximity to lots of companies and businesses in Tyson Corner area. Rooms are nice and clean with a sophisticate touch. It seems like the hotel has undergone some extensive renovation. Rates are very competitive with other hotels of same class in the area.

Hi Nathantran,

How great is the new Silver Line metro!!! It will open in December of this year and eventually to Dulles Airport. Last year we completed a major renovation of the entire hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post on tripadvisor!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Visited this hotel for a business conference. The hotel lobby was beautiful, the hotel lobby bar was very nice, and the staff were very accomodating. The rooms were clean, a little warm for my liking (the ac didn't seem to get very cold) but the bed was comfy and the room amenities were right on point! We used the the grand ballroom area for our conference, the space was perfect and the food was delicious!

Room Tip: Did not stay in tower-room was great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hi melissa f,

You will be please to know that we reviewed your comments in our team meeting this morning!
Thank you for taking the time to post on tripadvisor! We have engineering looking into your comment regarding the AC!

Take care and thank you for staying with us!

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Quick Summary: stay in the old section, was a quick stay, did not use the facilities much beyond the meeting room, staff was accommodating, had some tour buses parked in front and saw different tour groups (some young kids middle school), not a lot of traffic at the hotel restaurant.
left jacket at another hotel and had a taxi deliver to the front desk. I left cash to pay the cab and the staff took care of it.
Heavy traffic area, though.

Room Tip: Wished I stayed on a higher floor for the view, but it was a quick stay (9 hrs). No other tall buil...
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I spent several nights at the Sheraton Premiere during a recent visit to the Washington, D.C. area. I had few criticisms about the property--there's not much to do within easy walking distance and the pool wasn't open (they may have been getting to renovate it). I will say, though, that I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. I ate in the restaurant several times, as well as a buffet provided by the hotel, and found the food of high quality and quite tasty. There is ample parking and the hotel staff was cordial and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hello CAHeadHunter!

Thank you for the great review of our restaurant (Brix and Ale)!

We are very excited to announce the Metro will be opening in December. This will link Tysons Corner with Downtown DC! Did you know, you can take the silver line from our hotel all the way to Nationals Stadium to watch a game for about $5.00! How cool is that!!! Also, in September of this year, across the street from the hotel there is a 24 hour fitness, a NEW urban Wal-Mart and 3 – 4 new restaurants opening.

We hope you come back and see the evolution of our community in the next 2 – 3 months! It is going to be exciting!

Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!