“Convenient to Tyson's and Dulles” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Tysons Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Tysons Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8661 Leesburg Pike, Tysons Corner, VA 22182 (Formerly Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
Midlothian, Virginia, USA
“Convenient to Tyson's and Dulles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and kids for one night. Just 5 minutes from the Tyson's Corner malls with shuttle service. Nice pool that my kids enjoyed and a nice wine bar. Hotel was a bit packed due to a dance competition taking place, but overall was not a problem. Good spot.

• Stayed April 2013
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hi Sean H,

Thank you for sharing your story on tripadvisor!

Our indoor pool is fantastic and many of our families love this amenity. Our new restaurant is called Brix and Ale… we have 12 bottles of wine on tap :)

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Billingshurst, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights while visiting friends and touring DC. From check in to check out I was impressed with the staff in particular. Friendly, helpful and pleasant. The beds were very comfortable. Food was good in the Brix and Ale restaurant. Only issue is the traffic! But once the nearby Metro station is up and running I would use that every time.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I carefully selected this hotel based on Trip Advisor recommendations. I agree with previous comments about positive attitudes of the staff, they are top-notch. It is Sheraton's management policies that make likely that I will avoid Sheraton Hotels in the future. I felt thoroughly gouged by certain practices, such as exorbitant Internet charges, exorbitant long distance phone charges, and extremely limited restaurant choices of mediocre quality food. For example, I ordered "Maryland Crab Cake" which was served on a disgustingly sugar-sweet bun. The breakfast buffet is one of the most limited of any major hotel's in my years of travel experience. Because of the hotel location it is nearly impossible to walk to other places; Tyson's Corner is definitely "Motor City", without sidewalks. I have never before written a negative review of any hotel or restaurant.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hi Curtis S,

Frist allow me to apologize for not exceeding your expatiations.

We are defiantly in a time a great change for the Tysons Corner area. The city is in the process of expanding our sidewalks to 14 feet on each side. I think if you came back today you would be surprised at the transformation in just 1 month. The Silver Line Metro is scheduled to open in December and will help elevate traffic. Did you know the new Silver Line will connect Tysons Corner to downtown DC and eventually Dulles Airport! I will share your feedback with our culinary team about the Maryland Crab Cake sandwich, but surprised as it is one of our most popular items on the menu.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback; it is the only way we will know what to work on to improve for our guests!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed there for over 20 night on four different trips. They have a great workout facility, nice pool, and they team of employees really care about their guest and make you feel valued. Jose is one of the guys that takes care of the sky lounge. He is always on the ball and treats his job as a professional.

• Stayed March 2013
London, UK + Washington DC, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Was here for a wedding. Glad we stayed here instead of going home. The room was huge and extremely clean. The bed was so comfy. The pool was great for the kids since no one else was in it and was warm. Variety to eat for breakfast and scrumptious. Staff at the desk were friendly, but really couldn't help when the bus to the ceremony was really late. So ended up taking a taxi.

• Stayed September 2012
Hi hyenas77,

What great feedback!

I want you to know we will share your comments in our next staff meeting!
Hope you see you again!

Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Last week we had the opportunity to stay at the Sheraton Premiere, Tysons Corner. The receptionists were great, friendly professional, and courteous. The Banquet Room personnel were proficient and helpful. The rooms were nothing out of the ordinary, but more than adequate as this was a vary busy business trip, and all that was required was a bed, desk, and quiet.
When we went down to the dining area, which looks like an extension of the bar area, (I actually asked where the dining room was), we were seated promptly. The salad I had, Citrus Grilled Chicken Salad Arugula, field greens, goat cheese, cranberries, almonds, honey lime vinaigrette was 12.50. That is not too bad of a price if you are not really hungry, but the salad was not verybig, and I had to search for the three pieces of chicken. With the one drink and a "salad" the bill was $$$. I would recommend this hotel for the accommodations, but not for the dining. There are a number of great dining places within 2-3 miles

Room Tip: Many of my ratings are erronous, as we did not use the spa, the breakfest was too expensive for what...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello 4602usmc,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor!

I will share with our banquet team how much your enjoyed their service! Our new restaurant is called Brix and Ale. As we evolve our menu I will share your feedback with our Chef about adjusting prices to be sensitive to all of our travelers.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here for three days in March. The hotel is in a great location for the malls and getting into DC. We were on the Club Level so the rooms are bigger and give better views. I was shocked to see I was charged 10 dollars for two phone calls to SPG, both 1-800 numbers, why would we be charged to call the parent company??

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Sheraton Tysons Hotel? Share your experiences!