“Sheraton Tyson's Corner, half the price of the Westin, better Service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Tysons Hotel

You added Sheraton Tysons Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8661 Leesburg Pike, Tysons Corner, VA 22182 (Formerly Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Miami, Florida
“Sheraton Tyson's Corner, half the price of the Westin, better Service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three days in March. The hotel is in a great location for the malls and getting into DC. We were on the Club Level so the rooms are bigger and give better views. I was shocked to see I was charged 10 dollars for two phone calls to SPG, both 1-800 numbers, why would we be charged to call the parent company??

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here for business for 3 nights. The hotel is a big ugly tower block visible right off the highway exit, so you can't miss it. The whole hotel feels like it's in the 80s. The decor, the layout etc etc.

The rooms themselves are large and reasonably well specified, however they also feel dated. There is a gym and small pool, which were a bonus. The restaurant was average, nothing more. There does not seem to be much thought towards what business travelers want in the 21st century. The bar was large and well stocked and a good place to hang out. The food from the bar was more appealing than the restaurant.

My biggest gripe was the extremely expensive and exceptionally poor internet service in the hotel. First, there is no free anything - you have to pay for wi-fi and fixed line internet access. Second, you have to buy a plan for each device you want to connect. Third, there is a bewildering choice of price options that throttle the speed you can receive. Fourth, regardless of which speed you choose, it's barely usable. I paid $38.85 for 3 days access, I managed to use it for about 20 minutes in total on my laptop. I couldn't justify paying again to connect my phone too. To add insult to injury, I got charged twice for the 3 days and had to get a refund.

The hotel was virtually empty, the parking lot was dead, so I'm amazed that no one has worked out people may be going somewhere else, probably due to the points I've made above. Next time, I'm finding somewhere else to stay.

With all that said, I want to compliment the staff at the hotel. Everyone from check in staff, cleaners, waiting staff, bar staff etc were friendly, courteous, helpful and a pleasure to deal with. It's a shame the hotel doesn't come up to the same standard as the people who work there. With these great people the hotel was getting a 1 out of 5.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hi sav_c,

Thank you for taking the time for share your feedback on tripadvisor!

Last year we completed a 20 million dollar renovation, I am disappointed to hear you did not like the décor. The Gym is a new addition as we expanded our space and we are very lucky to have both and indoor and outdoor pool.

I will share your feedback with our Director of IT as the speed of our internet has never been a concern. That said, we offer free internet in our lobby, specifically at the Link at Sheraton where we have free computer terminals. Because you were only on the internet for 20 minutes, this is the perfect location to stay connected with friend and family!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback!

Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Have stayed here multiple times and am very pleased every time. Loved their buffet breakfast. Close to everything with a shuttle to take you shopping. A little hard to get to with all the work being done for the Metro

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hey donnamarie60996,

Thank you for staying with us! We hope you keep staying!!! The construction of the NEW silver line metro will be done in the fall and the schedule opening of the new metro is January 1, 2014.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I needed help with a problem and Tiffany at Concierge/Front Desk was incredible. It was December 31st a few hours before New Years Eve. Tiffany went above and beyond and helped me solve it with such friendliness and grace. I will definitely be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Katherine D!

You know what… you are SOOO right! Tiffany is a ROCK STAR!

Thank you for sharing!

Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Had hot water issues and reported it three times over the course of my stay. Last time was the 5th day and I asked Mark at the front desk not to send someone to the room as the problem did not originate from the room. No more than three minutes later a maintenance person shows up at my room and ask me if I am turning the knobs in the right direction...wow...thanks for listening Mark.

What amazes me is I reported this problem the 1st day, and then the 3rd day where I was made aware that they knew what the issue was and that knew how to fix it. Something to do with pumps, cold weather and the ability to be able to manually prevent this issue. It became obvious that nobody passes along information here.

I understand that when hotels are slow and staffing is low over the holidays everything doesn't work how it normally does. Hotels function best when they are busy...however regardless of the rate I paid (Expedia), staffing levels, or occupancy one would think they could get a hot shower.

Mark did remove $120 in food and beverage charges even after I stated that I wanted no compensation. My belief is and always will be is that compensating me in this manner doesn't make FACT that they FAILED to properly resolve a problem any better. I would rather receive a sincere apology for what transpired...unfortunately no one wants to own a problem here.

On a positive note the three ladies that worked the restaurant in the evening over the course of my stay were excellent. The food in the evening is very good and priced right.

I am sure that when your company is paying a ridiculous rate they would be attentive to reported problems...but if you are the average person like me...well then they REALLY COULD CARE LESS.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi JPearl44,

Thank you for taking the time to post on tripadvisor. Feedback is a gift and it is the best way to share how we can improve. We have been looking into your feedback and could not find your reservation nor do we have an associate named Mark at our front office team. That said, we used your post as a case study of what we should do if something like this were to happen at our hotel.

Fairfax VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We did a local "stay-cation" at this hotel last night. I want to love this hotel...as the remodeled rooms are lovely. But I couldn't get past a couple of things: First there was the mystery stain on the carpet just outside our room's bathroom...(had my mind shuddering to think what bodily fluids cased that stain). And when I tucked my son into bed...noticed small blood stains on the comforter that was between the 2 "seemingly" clean sheets. Makes me wonder... even though the sheets on top of the comforter seem to be clean...are the comforters themselves ever washed? Yuk. One of the main reasons we chose this hotel was the pool...as my little boys love to swim. But the pool and pool area were FREEZING! I don't know how the lifeguard was able to sit in that room with shorts and T-shirt...he could have benefitted from a coat and scarf! We were hoping the pool itself would be nice and warm...bit it was just lukewarm. My kids' lips turned blue after 10 minutes in the pool. So we thought we'd jump into the hot tub to warm up...and that was even COLDER than the pool. We heard the people above us walking around late into the night..like a heard of elephants...and were awakened by their TV blaring at 6am. And the light was way too dim in the bathroom to put on mascara. The one bright side was the great breakfast in the morning in the lobby restaurant (thought a bit overpriced). I had the best scrambled egg quesadilla ever! And all the personnel in the restaurant and front desk were very nice. This place was just ok. But I really wanted it to be fabulous. Sigh.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi elizamore,

Thank you for the feedback! Because of your feedback we were able to uncover a defect with our heating element in our spa and indoor pool. Because of you we are in the process of fixing the defect (please forgive our dust). We are also in the process of changing out the lens in the bathroom lighting to offer a brighter experience! I am very happy you liked the scrambled egg quesadilla; I had it this morning during a site visit with customers this morning!

If you reach out to me, I would like to invite you back as my guest to show you the improvements we have made.

Please call our hotel and ask to speak with me.

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

After driving for most of the day, arrived at the hotel late in the evening. Brittney checked me in. She was excellent and extremely helpful and polite. It was nice to have a smiling face and a pleasent person to deal with. Room was perfect, had no complaints except the hotel is charging for parking now. I have stayed in and around the Tyson's area and never have to pay for parking. I don't quite know why they think this is a "good" thing. Hoping they change their mind on the pay for park!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the fantastic feedback! Please know we shared your story with our team and we look forward in welcoming you back the next time you are in Tysons Corner!!