“Mixed results” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Tysons Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Tysons Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8661 Leesburg Pike, Tysons Corner, VA 22182 (Formerly Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
Rockford, Michigan
“Mixed results”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I visited this hotel for business travel and it was large and newly renovated per the bellman. The room was bright and large with good heating/cooling. The bathroom lights are AWFUL. I assume they are green bulbs and even if you leave them on 20 mins, it's still dark. Water pressure was adequate (9th floor). The best are excellent! I never sleep on the road and I was out like a light. They were comparable to Westin's "heavenly beds". Don't change these, please!

The shuttle service was excellent! They will take you to nearby offices and you call in the evening to be returned to the hotel. If I was in the hotel longer, I would have taken advantage of their scheduled stops to nearby shopping.

My biggest complaint was with the housekeeping. My room contained 2 bottles of water and were not replenished. Also, dishes weren't picked up in the hallways which was a bit gross.

Room service was fast and very good. Steak first evening then burger was great. Bar food is ok and good for relaxing after work. Fish and chips were good and so were the drinks.

Overall it was a good experience but housekeeping updates are needed. Everything worked in my room (loved the HD TV to watch football). To combat the noise in the hallway or neighbors, I used my Iphone app for some white noise to not hear rude people.

Room Tip: I was in a "tower room" so had two huge windows overlooking the highway. Plenty of light a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Wilton Manors, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have good stuff and not so good stuff
First the good stuff. I stayed at this property from Nov.21-Nov.24(3 nights) The two ladies at the front desk that I delt with were absolutly first rate. Proffesional, courtious friendly, helpful, and any other wonderful adjective you can think of. They were Brittney and Aika. Aika was very helpful upon check in and even waived the $6.00 per day parking fee.(more on that in a moment) Housekeeping needs work. I asked for a small refridgerator (for my Insulin) when I got there and was told by Brittney that they would bring it right up. 1 hour later it was still not there(NOT her Fault) I finally called again and was told by someone else that Housekeeping was at lunch((230pm) and that it would be up soon.????? I had to leave and go to family so I took my insulin with me. It was there when I returned later. Also housekeeping did not empty the trash from previous guest (coffee cups and paper left in trash) and no trash bags in cans. I agree that the shower could use some more pressure but I was on the 15th fl. and that there could be some better lighting. but overall the rooms were OK. The gym/pool were very nice,but why was the pool only open 6am-10am and then later in the day I cant say anything about the bar/restaraunt since I did not use them but looking at the menu turned me off($15.00 for an omlette) Ill go down the street and eat for less than half that.
When I checked in I was informed that there would be a$6.00/day parking fee. for guests but is complimentary for people visiting for the day WHY???? I was told that they have locals who use it as a park and ride. Why not TOW any vechle without a parking pass. or designate an area for guests only with a gate and pass, or charge the visitors $10 dollars or even raise the hotel rate by $6.00 and not tell anyone. but when the stay has been prepaid it is not fun to arrive and find an additional charge. I only stayed for 3 nights but for someone staying longer that can add up. I was there over Turkey day weekend so it was crowded and once or twice was hard to find a space This is something that needs addressing and soon. As I said Aika was very pleasant and waived the charge.
All in all I would stay again and recommend it to others

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hi ndf12400,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are delighted that you found Brittney and Aika to be so helpful! Thank you for your feedback about the refrigerator. We will use this as a teaching tool for future guests. As for the rooms, we strive to perform at a much higher level and appologize for the inconvenience of the trash cans. We will also work in the future to address the parking needs of our guests for busy weekends.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you in the future!

Warm Regards,

Auburn, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I spent 14 days in this hotel. First the rooms are OK. The bathrooms are very small and the lighting is really bad. The shower doesn't have much pressure but is adequate. The internet for signal and speed are very good. They provide two bottles of water for the first 2 days but after that forget it go buy your own. If you have a noisy neighbor you can hear it. The alarm clock is old so the snooze button does work but you have to press it really hard several time to get a few more minutes. If you want ice the ice machines may or may not work. I reported it 3 times and it worked for 2 days and has not worked since and not one has informed me why. The areas around the ice machine was used to place room service trays and were never picked up. On my floor the trays were adding up. I participated in their green program in which you receive an additional 500 reward points or $5 for using in the hotel for each day you have the card on your door before 2 am. Sometime you got the card and sometimes not. They are require to clean the room ever 3 day no matter what. You would be luck if it happens every 5 days. So participating in that program you have to be ready to not have a clean room. The food in the restaurant was expensive and not that good. Service was slow and food was cool by the time I got it. I do have to say they do have the best indoor pool and exercise room that I have seen in any hotel. We were there doing a conference and I have to tell you that I could not recommend it as a conference venue. The associates were very good once you got they attention but the directions for the staff serving lunch and breaks was hit or miss. We had to change room several times and again had to keep on the staff for the change and setup of the room. Once there they were very good. They play music in the conference areas and is so loud you could not have door open. Finally I found the dial to turn in down or off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi skycop8158,

We always appreciate someone taking the time to write a review of our hotel, thank you for submitting one. We apologize for the inconsistencies you found with the internet and the ice machines. As a hotel, we strive to provide the best service possible to our guests.

We are glad that you found the pool and the exercise room to be useful. We take pride inour amenities being best in class for our guests. As for directions from our associates, we will relay this information and work to make this process seamless for the future.

We thank you again for your review and we wish you all the best in your next journey.

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on a recent trip to DC. Overall, a nice hotel with a great gym and pool for a hotel. You could actually swim laps in the indoor pool, which is a major bonus and the gym is larger than most hotels with several treadmills and a good stretch zone.

Rooms are nice and standard fare. My only issue is that I got in late (10.50pm) and found the restaurant bar, no longer serving food which was a major disappointment. It'd be great if they served food later in the evening. That said, the wait staff did end up getting me dinner and I was very pleased with the extra effort on their part. Would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hey funinsun22,

We are thrilled that you found our hotel to your liking. This speaks to our exceptional staff and commitment to excellence for ours guests. The indoor pool and gym are some of our best amenities and we are glad you enjoyed these aspects of the hotel.

I'm glad that our team was able to accommodate you with dinner. Thank you for letting us know that they were helpful the evening of your arrival.

We are glad you enjoyed your experience and look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This Sheraton is a reasonable distance from the heart of Washington DC and at an affordable price. The rooms are good sized, very modern and clean with comfortable accommodations.
The only flaw is in the bar and restaurant. The bar is very limited as is the menu in the restaurant. The service is very good as it is throughout the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Hello bgeorgius,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted that you found the rooms to be modern, clean, and comfortable. This highlights our excellent housekeeping staff who works hard to make sure everyone's room is perfect.

We are glad that you found our location an easy commute to DC as well. We are SO excited for the metro line to open in 2013.

We will take your feedback regarding the restaurant offerings the next time we look to enhance the menu.

Please keep us in mind for future visits as we'd love to be of service to you again.

Warm Regards,

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Since there are tall trees in our area and there were threats of power outages during Hurricane Sandy, we stayed at the Sheraton Premiere for the storm. It's a very, very nice big hotel, and the staff was great to all of us so worried about the wind and rain damage, since most guests were local.

The front desk staff was accommodating, friendly, prepared for power outages, and they couldn't have been nicer. They kept their senses of humor (and put up with mine!) through it all, and I'd like to thank Vicky, Anthony, Maartje and Tiffany.

They were short on staff because of the storm, but it didn't show. Service was extremely good.

The rooms are very pretty and a decent size, especially for the reasonable price, the restaurant was good even with limited supplies, and the club lounge was quite good.

I hated to go home!

Room Tip: go in a hurricane!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked a company business meeting at this hotel in August, and held the meeting on October 2nd. When I originally discussed the meeting costs with the organizer at the hotel, I was very clear of the budget that I had to work within. She led me to believe that staying within that amount would not not be an issue. However, after all of the extra fees, excess charges for received packages, and over-priced food, we paid 25% more than originally agreed upon. I received the final bill via e-mail. When I sent a note to our organizer, nearly one month ago, she never responded, whatsoever. This hotel also charges $30.00 per night for internet access. We utilized a Sheraton hotel, less than 30 miles away, earlier in the year, with all of the same catering needs, etc., and paid 30% less. I would only recommend this hotel for meetings, if you have an unlimited budget.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Tysons Hotel? Share your experiences!