“Excellent accommodations at a reasonable rate.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Tysons Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Tysons Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8661 Leesburg Pike, Tysons Corner, VA 22182 (Formerly Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
Rochester, New York
“Excellent accommodations at a reasonable rate.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This Sheraton is a reasonable distance from the heart of Washington DC and at an affordable price. The rooms are good sized, very modern and clean with comfortable accommodations.
The only flaw is in the bar and restaurant. The bar is very limited as is the menu in the restaurant. The service is very good as it is throughout the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hello bgeorgius,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted that you found the rooms to be modern, clean, and comfortable. This highlights our excellent housekeeping staff who works hard to make sure everyone's room is perfect.

We are glad that you found our location an easy commute to DC as well. We are SO excited for the metro line to open in 2013.

We will take your feedback regarding the restaurant offerings the next time we look to enhance the menu.

Please keep us in mind for future visits as we'd love to be of service to you again.

Warm Regards,

Frank R. Kuhns
Director of Sales and Marketing

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Since there are tall trees in our area and there were threats of power outages during Hurricane Sandy, we stayed at the Sheraton Premiere for the storm. It's a very, very nice big hotel, and the staff was great to all of us so worried about the wind and rain damage, since most guests were local.

The front desk staff was accommodating, friendly, prepared for power outages, and they couldn't have been nicer. They kept their senses of humor (and put up with mine!) through it all, and I'd like to thank Vicky, Anthony, Maartje and Tiffany.

They were short on staff because of the storm, but it didn't show. Service was extremely good.

The rooms are very pretty and a decent size, especially for the reasonable price, the restaurant was good even with limited supplies, and the club lounge was quite good.

I hated to go home!

Room Tip: go in a hurricane!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked a company business meeting at this hotel in August, and held the meeting on October 2nd. When I originally discussed the meeting costs with the organizer at the hotel, I was very clear of the budget that I had to work within. She led me to believe that staying within that amount would not not be an issue. However, after all of the extra fees, excess charges for received packages, and over-priced food, we paid 25% more than originally agreed upon. I received the final bill via e-mail. When I sent a note to our organizer, nearly one month ago, she never responded, whatsoever. This hotel also charges $30.00 per night for internet access. We utilized a Sheraton hotel, less than 30 miles away, earlier in the year, with all of the same catering needs, etc., and paid 30% less. I would only recommend this hotel for meetings, if you have an unlimited budget.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel has it all. The only reason that i did not give it a five start is the fact that i received a wake up call at around 5:30 which was not mine. the front desk was very apologetic about this mishap; otherwise the service was excellent, and my room was big and spacious, You can tell that this is an upscale hotel by the quality of everything in the room.
In the main lobby there is a coffee shop in part with starbucks , and a nice restaurant.
Right outside the hotel within a short walking distance there are several choices of restaurants such as Indian, Thai, Mexican, and middle eastern.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Last night we had a wonderful event. The service was excellent. Everybody was around us and took care of our needs. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants have a conference type event. I especially thank Maria, the manager and Mike Rashwan who was in charge of the event.
Thank you both.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Generally this is a bit nicer than most business hotels. I got a corner room which I could swing a Bengali Tiger in never mind the proverbial cat. The bathroom was a bit tatty but the rest if the room was exceptional. I didn't make it to the gym but it looked like it was a bit nicer than normal too.

• Stayed November 2011
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was perfectly happy with the hotel, cleanliness, service,location and my experience there, with one exception...The lighting in the bathroom was so dim that I could not apply my makeup. This would probably only be important to the ladies, but it IS important! I had to bring a table lamp into the bath area and even still, you just can't apply makeup effectively under those conditions. I did mention this to the front desk when I checked out, and the employee said that they get this complaint often & are aware of the lighting shortcomings in the rooms. So it was not just me that had issue with it. Their only solution was to replace light bulbs to a different wattage as they go out, which was not good enough for me. I don't want to get stuck with bad lighting again, so I won't stay here again. I had no issue with anything else here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with new light bulbs! :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hi Foreverett,

We appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback on your recent stay! We apologize that you experienced difficulty with the bathroom lighting. It is our goal to make every effort to ensure you enjoy your stay and we exceed all expectations. We are aware that in some rooms lighting is dim and we are working to transition new lighting in those rooms.

We hope that you will give us another chance to let us make certain you have a wonderful stay at our hotel. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to being of service in the future. If you connect with me personally, I will make sure you experience a room with the new lighting so you can see the difference.

Warmly,

Frank R. Kuhns
Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to Sheraton Tysons Hotel? Share your experiences!