“Great hotel. Excellent staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Shopping Credit
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel. Excellent staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here with my wife for two nights and had a great experience. The room was well appointed as was the hotel. The concierge staff was extremely helpful in arranging restaurant reservations and transport for us. In the hotel is a nice little wine bar and America Eats restaurant. Both were quite nice - and brunch at America Eats was terrific. The hotel connects directly to Tysons Galleria mall. This was actually quite convenient. We walked over to grab coffee and pastries from Paul, and my wife had her nails done. All in all, we had a very pleasant stay and I'd highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Recommend a higher floor.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've stayed at the Ritz Tysons corner before and I am never disappointed, if you are visiting the Washington area and you enjoy shopping this is s great location. It's about 20min or so by metro to the Mall/Smithsonian area. There is a new subway line a short walk from the hotel, which makes it very easy to get around the area. The hotel is directly linked to a beautiful shopping mall with high end stores, Channel, Ferragamo, etc. There is another larger mall 5 min walk, right by the subway. Lots of places to eat in the area, like Founding Farmers just a 2 min walk. The hotel has a nice gym and a beautiful pool. The pool is only opened very limited hours. There is always bottled water and apples you can pick up. Rooms are very nice and housekeeping does s good job.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The Ritz chain is known for their high standards and service oriented staff

The room is good, the hotel is very stiff being a very formal place for the formal visitors and dignitaries.

Adjacent to the hotel is the Tyson Galleria, a shopping mall for high-end brands.

Since there were not much places to hangout within the hotel, the Cafes in the Gleria were the best escape

The hotel is good for families and short business visits.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We go with the family here on weekends. Nice pool. Lifeguards can tell your kids to shut up or be real nice. Anyway management really listens to you. I have not seen 2 people again who I complained about. Right next to tysons 2 which isn't as nuts as tysons one. Concierge level is very elegant and you can get some real good food on this level. We especially love the soup. Some of the guests can be a little snobby but that is not the hotel s fault. Save some money and grab maggiano s in tysons 2 for dinner after a nice swim, Pick up a tie at Burberry and you will sleep especially well at night. Gym is great. Used to have a maestro restaurant but since then restaurants have not been able to survive at the hotel. Celebrate special occasions, bring your sweet tooth and have a great getaway weekend. Keep up good work ritz tysons!

Stayed May 2015
Rajesh K, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Arthur C,

On behalf of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner, I would like to thank you for being such a loyal guest at our hotel. We love the convenience of being connected to Tysons Galleria and I am glad you enjoy the ease of accessibility to shopping. I hope you continue to celebrate special occasions at our hotel.

Warm Regards,
Rajesh Khubchandani
VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I am currently staying at this hotel @ their club level room as a late mother's day present from my husband. We had very high expectations coming here because of the great reviews I read on trip advisor. It's only been a day since I checked in but a number of things went wrong already.

1) The bathroom toilet water tank had a huge crack on it with horrible mending job. They were obviously aware of the crack because it had previous 'fillings' done on it. However, the water was still leaking and it was all over the bathroom floor and even wet the floor mat. (both my husband and I slipped on it) Not sure what made them mend it instead of replacing the tank in the first place but they mended it and decided to assign that room to guests... not very Ritz like as the mending job was very visible as you enter the bathroom. Between the front desk and engineering department, we ended up wasting 1.5 hours, waiting for them to come check out the problem, them going back to check on the parts (which took forever, tho promised time was 10-15 minutes). They said if they can't find the part, we have to move our rooms which means we can't unpack at this point. We waited and waited and finally left for the pool as kids were all ready to go. After the pool, we had to shower at the spa area as we didn't want to come back to workers in our room or room moving situation. When we came back, nothing was done. I called front desk, the gentlemen answering the phone call were all very nice but they really couldn't do anything for us. I asked to move us to a different room but they said all we can do at this point is to wait for it to be fixed as the rooms are fully booked. Not sure what the plan was if the correct part wasn't located. We notified the crack around 4PM and the replacement finally finished around 7-7:30PM.

2) This may not be an issue with this specific Ritz but Ritz reservation in general. I own a Ritz Carlton Visa, which gives $100 resort credit for every 2 night stay or longer. When inquired about it at check in, I was told that the reservation was made under wrong rate and credit couldn't be granted. First, I made the reservation through a Ritz concierge, who never told me about different rates. Second, I've stayed at various Ritz locations, South Beach, Grand Cayman, Key Biscayne to name a few and never had issues. May not be issue of Ritz Tysons but just left a sour note to our overall stay experience.

3) At check in, we were never notified about the parking being free on weekends 'if validated.' In fact, we weren't told about this parking at all. But we later found out that parking on weekends are free and they couldn't refund us because we already paid for it. Is it really guests' responsibility to find out about parking, the fact that we have to validate them, how it works on weekdays vs. weekends? On their websites, it only says $12/per day to park. At least update your website if you don't plan to inform each guest on weekends!

While the workers "seem" nice, they seem very good at saying 'we can't do it' in a nice way and they don't seem to do a good job of communicating details to guests.

On the positive side, while the club lounge is one of the smallest I've seen of Ritz properties, the staff were very hard working and extremely nice.

I'm checking out tomorrow and hoping nothing else will go wrong while staying here. I really wanted to love staying here as it makes a great weekend get away hotel for my family.

Since I had to learn a few things the hard way, I may give this hotel another chance in the future but the current stay experience so far has been far below Ritz class.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear JessL,

On behalf of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner I would like to apologize for the service you received during your most recent stay with us. This is certainly not the service we strive to deliver to our guests, and I assure you that your concerns will be addressed with the staff. I do hope you will join us again for another weekend getaway so that we may have the opportunity to regain your confidence in The Ritz-Carlton and in our hotel. Wishing you a belated Happy Mother's Day.

Warm Regards,
Rajesh Khubchandani
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed four nights at the Ritz Carlton. I went to wedding and the main part was held in their banquet halls. We had a very nice room with a great view on the 16th floor. Upper floors are even better ( some friends were there). Very friendly staff, very nice service. In room dining was also great. Overall loved the hotel

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors, although its quiet everywhere. Go for valet parking, because sel...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I love the Ritz-Carlton at Tysons near DC. If you're in need of a getaway just to relax and unwind, shop, see the sights of DC and Northern Virginia and MD, swim the indoor pool, eat great food at the restaurant and bar or have it delivered by room service, well look no further! The Ritz attached to Tysons II Mall has it all!

The staff goes out of their way to accommodate you with all the things you want or need. I have allergies to specific soaps and detergents and when I call or check in I just let then know and they bring whatever type of soap and shampoos that I would be able to use. They'll even get my specific brands if I prefer.

The rooms are spacious with all the luxury amenities. The bed is so comfy like a huge soft pillow to lie in to sleep with great sheets and comforter and pillows.

I especially like to spoil myself by soaking in the whirlpool tub and ordering food or a drink through room service and relaxing in the tub and having my drink and or food.

If you have or are bringing the kids of all ages there are plenty things for them to do as well! The staff can give you all the details on what specific things they have going on at the time if your scheduled trip!

While we may all expect the room rates to be outrageously high I will let you know yes they can be especially during the week but that is the price we pay for luxury! However, not having a lot of additional funds for such extravagances myself I take advantage of their weekend discounted packages they offer. I especially enjoy the Shoppers Weekend Rares which are excellent! So don't discount the Ritz-Carlton for a trip, vacation, staycation, special event thinking you can't afford to stay here! Ask about their specials be it the Shoppers Weekend, AAA, Seniors, AARP, or anything else they may have available. Whatever you do this hotel and experience of the luxurious life is well worth the stay!

Yes, I could easily live here...this is the life and ahhhh so wonderful to be able to enjoy just a weekend or however much time relaxing and enjoying all the great amenities this Ritz-Carlton offers!

Have a wonderful stay and enjoy all the Ritz-Carlton and the area has to offer!

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!