“What Can You Say, It's a Ritz Carlton” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Hotel Credit + More
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
West Virginia
“What Can You Say, It's a Ritz Carlton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed there for a business event so I can't comment on the price/value. Typical Ritz Carlton with first-class amenities, lovely if smallish rooms, overpriced mini-bars, and great service. Not snooty. Nobody insisted on saying "My Pleasure" every time you turned around, like the staff at the Orlando Ritz did last time we were there. Attached to an upscale mall with lots of high-end stores and restaurants. Great catering for the business event I was attending. Among the best crab cakes I've had in a while. Nice change of pace for a guy used to Marriotts when I'm spending my own money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
La Canada, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is strictly a business hotel with tiny but well appointed rooms. It is full of consultant types who can't wait to flash their platinum or centurion cards to demand the littlest idiotic favor. At any rate, as I asked for a suite, the young but friendly front desk attendant proceeded to "upgrade" me to a corner room which as one would have expected would be at the corner with windows in at least two side of the room. Well. the corner room is indeed at the corner, except that the sides of the buildings have no windows. Bottom line, I most likely ended up in a the same room that had been reserved for me. I would have gladly paid more for a suite, he just never asked and I was too tired to a friendly yet poorly trained attendant.

On the subject of poor training, I was told that there was no dinner service at the restaurant and I would be better off ordering room service or walking to the connected mall and find myself a wonderful chain restaurant. The directions I was given were vague at best.

As I stated, rooms are tiny but beds are comfortable, chairs are adequate for working a few hours and working surface is sufficient. TV is nice and bright and allows connectivity with other devices. Electric jacks are also plentiful. What caught my eye was some seriously convoluted box that contains the coffee maker and coffee and tea supplies. It's so pretty you almost don't want to touch it. Radio units have ipod connectivity but bring your own adapter if you have an iphone 5.

Ammenities in the bathroom are high quality and do not smell like grandma. So you wont be smelling girly while you pitch your latest management consulting project to the board's big wigs

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

One of the most comfortable rooms I have ever had. It wasn't particularly large but everything seemed to be perfect. The bed, the towels, the bath . . . Everything! The hotel is incredibly quiet. Even the HVAC in the room is quiet. Very nice staff. I hope I get to come back soon.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I went here to celebrate our bdays and we stayed a week. What a great place. Everything about the hotel was first class, the food was excellent, the staff was excellent, the spa spoiled us and best of all you can go straight from the hotel to a very upscale mall. The mall has restaurants and lots of shopping. If you are looking for something different and upscale this is the place...they made us feel like we were each a princess.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you’re an experienced world traveller with high demands, then the Ritz Carlton Tyson's Corner is indeed a place that hits all the marks for professionalism, dedication to perfection, and a desire to make your stay the very best experience.

As a person who stays at many Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons and Fairmont properties in the US and around the globe both for business and pleasure. I found the Ritz Carlton Tyson's Corner a true gem of a property that exceed the standards for Ritz Carlton non-resort hotels. In fact, the Ritz Carlton Tyson's Corner even beats California’s Half Moon Bay for customer service and food/beverage.

We stayed at the hotel prior to dropping our son off at George Mason University and from the minute we drove up to the time we left we were treated with the highest level of customer service and a commitment to excellence. The Bell and Parking Staff, Front Desk (Chris), Club Floor Staff, Room Service Team and Housekeeping Staff were all five star professionals. Not to mention that the hotels executive team lead by their dedicated general manager made sure that every guest was having that same outstanding experience.

The bottom line, is that if you find yourself looking for a top of line hotel in the Tyson's Corner area, then I strongly encourage you to give the Ritz Carlton Tyson's Corner a try as you will not be disappointed. I wasn't and I cannot wait till my next trip back.

Room Tip: The Club Floor staff and rooms can make your trip all the more special.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here for work for a week and wasn't disappointed. Typical Ritz decor - all marble, wood and heavy curtains and good service. The shopping complex conveniently located out the back of the hotel meant I squeezed in some fast buys around all day meetings. Room service was good but not spectacular. Overall in line with expectations. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We were somewhat disappointed upon arriving to our room. Robes and slippers were not in room, we had to call for a shower cap and other toiletries. Surprised because my experience has always been great. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!