This is strictly a business hotel with tiny but well appointed rooms. It is full of consultant types who can't wait to flash their platinum or centurion cards to demand the littlest idiotic favor. At any rate, as I asked for a suite, the young but friendly front desk attendant proceeded to "upgrade" me to a corner room which as one would have expected would be at the corner with windows in at least two side of the room. Well. the corner room is indeed at the corner, except that the sides of the buildings have no windows. Bottom line, I most likely ended up in a the same room that had been reserved for me. I would have gladly paid more for a suite, he just never asked and I was too tired to a friendly yet poorly trained attendant.
On the subject of poor training, I was told that there was no dinner service at the restaurant and I would be better off ordering room service or walking to the connected mall and find myself a wonderful chain restaurant. The directions I was given were vague at best.
As I stated, rooms are tiny but beds are comfortable, chairs are adequate for working a few hours and working surface is sufficient. TV is nice and bright and allows connectivity with other devices. Electric jacks are also plentiful. What caught my eye was some seriously convoluted box that contains the coffee maker and coffee and tea supplies. It's so pretty you almost don't want to touch it. Radio units have ipod connectivity but bring your own adapter if you have an iphone 5.
Ammenities in the bathroom are high quality and do not smell like grandma. So you wont be smelling girly while you pitch your latest management consulting project to the board's big wigs
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner Hotel Mclean
- Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner Hotel
- Ritz Carlton Mclean
- Ritz Carlton Tysons Corner
- Ritz Mclean
- Ritz-Carlton Mclean
- Mclean Ritz
- Mclean Ritz-Carlton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in elegant hotel accommodations and superior personal service at The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner. Spend the day shopping at the adjoining Tysons Galleria, or luxuriate at the Tysons Corner hotel’s Day Spa. Located in Northern Virginia's most exclusive business and shopping district, our luxury hotel was named one of the top 50 hotels in the United States by the Condé Naste Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.