We recently stayed here over a weekend. We were able to check in early, and our room was perfectly adequate, and very clean. However, it's nothing like the other RCs we have been to. It was very crowded- two weddings that night, as well as a lot of families. I am thinking because it's relatively cheap that it draws a different crowd.
We had an afternoon snack in the small lounge restaurant- the food was very good, but service was only okay. There was a wide range of people, from folks waiting for the weddings to start, to men wearing scruffy jeans and t-shirt, watching the bike racing on the tv.
The Asprey toiletries are terrific, and the two a day house keeping is great. However, we had brought champagne, and at higher level hotels, the staff generally notices, brings a bucket, flutes, etc. Here, they only put more ice into the very tiny ice bucket.
The mattress is also very soft- both of us had a hard time sleeping.
The next morning, the wrong newspaper was delivered to the door. Okay, we can deal with that. We ordered room service for breakfast. It came within 35 minutes. .. but the order was really, really wrong. We would have sent it back if we weren't on a tight schedule. I had ordered an egg white omlette with mozzarella cheese and a variety of vegetables. . . a regular omlette with cheddar, LOTS of ham, and different vegetables showed up. I had also asked for bacon, which didn't show up. My husband's order was accurate, but they gave him the wrong tea. He ended up getting the tea he wanted (Earl Grey) from the in room beverage center. The toast was also very, very soggy.
We made a brief visit to the spa/pool. The pool was JAMMED at 9 am on a Sunday- lots of kids, with completely uninterested parents "watching" them. There was a lifeguard there, but he was not paying attention at all. We didn't expect solitude, but we also didn't expect 5 young (under 6) kids hanging out in the whirlpool with us, their parents on the phone, etc.
The spa area is VERY crowded. It's down a narrow hallway, and the changing rooms get crowded. No one was in the men's, so my husband didn't have any complaints, but the women's was very crowded. There were six of us in the sauna. Also, the showers are nice, but there is no lotion nearby. You have to go across the changing room to apply it. The relaxation room is VERY small- just a few chairs, apples, and cucumber water. There were a few Washington Posts, but no magazines, etc.
This is a step up from a Marriott, but below Ritz standards. There's a reason it is only a Tier I!!
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner Hotel Mclean
- Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner Hotel
- Ritz Carlton Mclean
- Ritz Carlton Tysons Corner
- Ritz Mclean
- Ritz-Carlton Mclean
- Mclean Ritz
- Mclean Ritz-Carlton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in elegant hotel accommodations and superior personal service at The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner. Spend the day shopping at the adjoining Tysons Galleria, or luxuriate at the Tysons Corner hotel’s Day Spa. Located in Northern Virginia's most exclusive business and shopping district, our luxury hotel was named one of the top 50 hotels in the United States by the Condé Naste Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.