“Best of the Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Dallas, Texas
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

After several stays here I thought it was time to write a review. The General Manager, Mark Sherwin has put this hotel in the "Best of Class" in the Washington area over the years he has managed this property. From the time you pull up to check in, the staff warmly great you and make the transition to the Check in smooth and painless. After a few stays they have your name memorized .
Check-in is professional and Mark will often be in the lobby greeting his frequent guest. The rooms are well appointed as you would expect. Housekeeping is exceptional with Towels and bedding looking brand new. The Executive lounge is staffed by people who really enjoy their jobs. A special notice of one of their staff was Kylie Fitzgibbons who offered to take our picture when we wee going out and then emailed them to us !
Valet was on time and well done as was room service. They have never let me down on the wake up call either. As always it is the little things in life on the road and this hotel as it perfected.
All in all this hotel is the one place I stay when there can be no mistakes for a meeting or special occasion.
-Carter Pate

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

A few years ago, my family and I decided to take a mini-vacation to DC. My uncle - a world traveler - suggested this hotel, as it was close to DC and held great amenities.

That was back in 2006, and my family returns here at least twice a year to mark special occasions. This is the Ritz-Carlton, so you get nothing but the best. There are workers here from our first visit that remember and greet us like family when we return. The consistency in workers is an indicator that this company knows what's good for them.

From what I understand, this isn't one of those 'over the top' Ritz-Carltons where the landscape is out of a fairytale, but trust me - the service you would expect is on-queue.

Since we've been coming here over a period of time, we have seen the hotel undergo many transformations. When we first went here, the decor was classic - lots of marble, watercolor paintings, and dark wood. Over the years, they have tried to update the decor to something more contemporary. Much of the hotel is still old-world, however, so it holds a combination of the two. The mish-mosh of old and new makes for a weird effect, even if the new decor is nice. Art - deco just isn't my thing.

If you're into shopping, this is a great vacation spot. The hotel is, quite literally, located in the Tyson's Galleria mall, and just a short walk away from Tyson's corner. It's quite nice to browse the shops without even leaving the grounds. We usually come here around the holidays to get all of our Christmas shopping done - and we're from New Jersey!

In addition, since this is a business hotel, the rates go down on the weekends. The hotel offers these great bed-and-breakfast packages that include a free breakfast and free valet parking. There are other weekend packages available, too, and include coupons to the mall or a discount on a spa treatment. If you wanted to do a weekend trip to DC in style, these options are fantastic.

We have since joined the Ritz-Carlton rewards club, and every time we visit there they always greet us with complimentary wine and goodies in our room.

Recently, we visted in April for the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. As always, the service was impeccable. Check-in time is held with free cupcakes, fruit, and beverages. The hotel was buzzing with business meetings and personal parties.

One night, we tried the EnTYse lounge for tapas and drinks - the hummus, pomme frites, and fried calamari were all delicious. The breakfast buffet, while pricey, offers everything you could ask for - omlettes, breakfast meat, lox and cream cheese, anything. Although, if you get the weekend package, remember breakfast will be complimentary.

The room, while small, was comfortable. The decor is classic without looking tired, and the bathrooms are just beautiful.

I've never used the spa, but the pool area is gorgeous - small, but gorgeous. There is rarely anyone using the facility anyway. Take advantage of the sauna, steam room, hot tub, cold towels, and cucumbers for your tired eyes. The spa showers are the nicest public showers you will ever set foot into.

All in all, I am in love with this hotel - whenever I'm in the DC area, I will choose to stay only here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Burke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

...the Ritz is always the ritz.. but when you walk in your expectation is different, higher and you should be pampered to remember!
this visit was a short one, but to remember... lobby lounge was open so we went for a drink, it was my wife birthday, and i decided to get a drink before heading to Le Palm restaurant.
overpriced, tip already included and service non existent.
I dont think was our age group or the way we were dressed, but i did not feel comfortable since we sat in the wonderful chairs.. i almost didnt want to leave...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you have to be in this area, what a great place to stay. Connected to a fabulous mall with many upscale shops and restaurants including The Palm. We were there for a Bar Mitzvah and the food was amazing for a large event. The opening salad was so pretty, I took a picture of it. They cooked the Filet and Sea Bass to perfection. Overall, the entire staff was great. Exercise room was well equipped and clean. In the room they provided free water. Friday night they had a great 4 man jazz group playing at their restaurant. Very impressed by the whole Hotel.

Room Tip: I was happy with the room. No need to upgrade
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love the Ritz Carlton, and this is not my first time staying at the one located in Tysons Corner.... There's not enough that I can say about this fabulous hotel...... The service from the time you arrive to when you check out is excellent.....

Room Tip: Club Level - High Floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner is one of the friendliest hotels you could want to stay in. The service is second to none. The hotel is connected to a shopping mall with hi-end shops and a few restaurants. The hotel currently does not have a "name" restaurant on the property but does offer very good food and drinks from a limited menu in Entyse Bistro. Tysons Corner is 15-20 minutes by car from DC, or a short ride on the free shuttle service will get you to the metro station.
Weekend packages are a real deal too!

Room Tip: Weekend Packages offer good value for a upscale hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel several years ago and felt it was trying too hard to be something more grand than it was. My stay over the weekend felt like the hotel had grown up! It was less pretentious and thoroughly dedicated to providing outstanding, comfortable service with grace and dignity. My dietary needs have changed over the years and the hotel came through with whatever I wanted...anyway I wanted...even in the middle of a banquet where they had 200 other people to serve. There were drivers available to do pick up and delivery to the metro station and even to provide transportation to a mall located in the middle of nearby construction site. The rooms remain well appointed with an outstanding tea/coffee set up, a strong hot shower and a bed that is perfect. The needed improvement can't be improved as the windows do not open. Also, on day two of my visit someone set my alarm clock for a 6:30 wake up. It did not happen on day one and my husband had his own room, so I am not sure what happened. But check your clock...daily! Other than those items...enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!