A few years ago, my family and I decided to take a mini-vacation to DC. My uncle - a world traveler - suggested this hotel, as it was close to DC and held great amenities.
That was back in 2006, and my family returns here at least twice a year to mark special occasions. This is the Ritz-Carlton, so you get nothing but the best. There are workers here from our first visit that remember and greet us like family when we return. The consistency in workers is an indicator that this company knows what's good for them.
From what I understand, this isn't one of those 'over the top' Ritz-Carltons where the landscape is out of a fairytale, but trust me - the service you would expect is on-queue.
Since we've been coming here over a period of time, we have seen the hotel undergo many transformations. When we first went here, the decor was classic - lots of marble, watercolor paintings, and dark wood. Over the years, they have tried to update the decor to something more contemporary. Much of the hotel is still old-world, however, so it holds a combination of the two. The mish-mosh of old and new makes for a weird effect, even if the new decor is nice. Art - deco just isn't my thing.
If you're into shopping, this is a great vacation spot. The hotel is, quite literally, located in the Tyson's Galleria mall, and just a short walk away from Tyson's corner. It's quite nice to browse the shops without even leaving the grounds. We usually come here around the holidays to get all of our Christmas shopping done - and we're from New Jersey!
In addition, since this is a business hotel, the rates go down on the weekends. The hotel offers these great bed-and-breakfast packages that include a free breakfast and free valet parking. There are other weekend packages available, too, and include coupons to the mall or a discount on a spa treatment. If you wanted to do a weekend trip to DC in style, these options are fantastic.
We have since joined the Ritz-Carlton rewards club, and every time we visit there they always greet us with complimentary wine and goodies in our room.
Recently, we visted in April for the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. As always, the service was impeccable. Check-in time is held with free cupcakes, fruit, and beverages. The hotel was buzzing with business meetings and personal parties.
One night, we tried the EnTYse lounge for tapas and drinks - the hummus, pomme frites, and fried calamari were all delicious. The breakfast buffet, while pricey, offers everything you could ask for - omlettes, breakfast meat, lox and cream cheese, anything. Although, if you get the weekend package, remember breakfast will be complimentary.
The room, while small, was comfortable. The decor is classic without looking tired, and the bathrooms are just beautiful.
I've never used the spa, but the pool area is gorgeous - small, but gorgeous. There is rarely anyone using the facility anyway. Take advantage of the sauna, steam room, hot tub, cold towels, and cucumbers for your tired eyes. The spa showers are the nicest public showers you will ever set foot into.
All in all, I am in love with this hotel - whenever I'm in the DC area, I will choose to stay only here.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner Hotel
- Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner Hotel Mclean
- Ritz Carlton Mclean
- Ritz Carlton Tysons Corner
- Ritz Mclean
- Ritz-Carlton Mclean
- Mclean Ritz
- Mclean Ritz-Carlton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in elegant hotel accommodations and superior personal service at The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner. Spend the day shopping at the adjoining Tysons Galleria, or luxuriate at the Tysons Corner hotel’s Day Spa. Located in Northern Virginia's most exclusive business and shopping district, our luxury hotel was named one of the top 50 hotels in the United States by the Condé Naste Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.