“A great stay with tons of food, mind the smoking rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Hotel Credit + More
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
New York
“A great stay with tons of food, mind the smoking rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went there for just a day. My husband changed the room 3 times because he smelt the cigarette smoke when he stepped inside the rooms. They are supposed to be smoked free.

We got a suite and the room was big. Clean sheets clean room. The staff are also very helpful and friendly. We got access to the club floor which has food stocked all the time.

The hotel is connected to the mall and tons of shops which is great because you don't need to go outside and just do the shopping right away.

Otherwise it is most like a standard Ritz and you can expect more or less similar things in there.

The room service was great too, we ordered from the middle-eastern section and it tasted quite authentic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Cardiff by the sea, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

One reason we booked this hotel was the free parking that came with our AAA package. However, strolling through the parking garage and then having to use the rather grim elevator detracts considerably from the expected RC experience. Once we entered the hotel, the doormen were unlike the usual friendly, even effusive staff. At the desk, Ali was pleasant and businesslike, and gave us a room on the 14th floor. We hadn’t been in the room for more than two minutes before we heard slamming doors and shouting children: “Where’s my backpack?” “Under the chair, I think, where you left it?” We heard every word this family uttered for the next ten minutes or so, accompanied by repeated slamming of doors.
It wasn’t that they were so rude. They were just talking (and inexplicably going in and out of their room repeatedly, but children will do that sort of thing). It was that the walls were thin in adjoining rooms. It seemed that the hotel wasn’t that full. I was surprised to have been placed so close to a family when presumably there were other rooms available. We requested a different room, and Ali gave us one on a higher floor, 2202. His claim that the elevator noise shouldn’t be a problem was correct—I never heard a thing. The view is not fabulous on the mall side of the hotel, but higher rooms see less of the roof of the structure and more of the horizon. The room was smaller than most RCs that we have been to, but was nicely appointed. The in-room coffee service had the RC style to it, and there was plenty of marble in the bathroom. I know this sounds petty, but I really miss the Bvlgari toiletries. I’ve always associated that scent with this hotel group.

We had lunch at the restaurant, which is pleasant. The waiter, Adel, was fun, and suggested some excellent dishes. The fitness room is large. I can’t help but compare it to the Laguna Niguel RC fitness room, which overlooks the ocean, but even without windows this one was perfectly good. I guess it’s my imagination, because I don’t think the beds have changed, but it seems that there used to be more of a feather bed in addition to the comforter. The beds were comfortable, though, and we slept well.

We came here seeking the Ritz-Carlton experience (on a budget, getting the weekend AAA package rate). This hotel is very nice, but seems more like an upscale Marriott than a true Ritz-Carlton. Clearly they are serving a specific business clientele at Tysons Corner. I would be happy staying here for business purposes, but it’s certainly not in the realm of the Pasadena property (no longer an RC, sadly), the Laguna Niguel, or San Francisco. (But maybe it’s comparable to Scottsdale). It’s certainly more affordable than some of the others, so perhaps that’s enough to make us return.

Room Tip: Higher floors, not on the mall side, avoiding adjoining rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Old Bridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We spent a weekend at the Ritz while visiting the area for a friend’s show. It is a top notch hotel as you would expect from the Ritz Carlton chain. We had a room with a lovely view on the concierge level. The room was not large, but well-appointed and meticulously clean. The concierge lounge was very nice with nice food offerings and awesome cookies! The pool is also very nice. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We will definitely return to this hotel when we travel to the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Asheville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed recently for a two day meeting held at the hotel over a weekend. Weekend rates were reasonable for the area, room was CLEAN and well appointed. I appreciated being adjacent to the Galleria shop for convenience. Breakfast buffet was $28 plus tax/tip but the convenience of leaving our room, enjoying a quick breakfast before our early morning meetings held at the hotel made it worth the money for this trip. Our meeting rooms were well serviced by hotel staff with coffee, tea, water, juices, etc. and snacks which made the very long day meetings much more enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here with my family on Easter weekend. I have stayed at another Ritz Carlton in Key Biscayne and had a wonderful experience there, and that is the reason why I wanted to try this particular property. I wanted alone time in the spa, so I told my husband and son to go shopping at the mall attached to this hotel. Everything there was upscale, no surprise there.
The staff at check in was friendly and sincere (Brad), he gave my 4 year old son a basket to leave at the door on Saturday night. By morning it was filled with Easter eggs. WOW! the detail they put into a child's happiness really makes the difference. We had a room on the club level where they serve nice breakfast, mini sandwiches during evening time were made of baguette that were a little bit hard, but they do have soup and salad. In the evening they had seafood salad and cheeses, and hard baguette again. Dessert presentation was just dreamy. They have all kinds of things, chocolate pieces, brownie, cookies and many more I just don't know the name. All of the concierge attendants were very friendly and attentive. When we were eating breakfast the morning male brought pillows so we can lean on them while we enjoy breakfast. My family didn't eat a lot of our meals because my son is too noisy. So we take the food to our room.

They have valet parking but the garage next door is available for Ritz guests and tickets can be validated. That's a plus. There is fee for internet, unless you are staying on the club level you don't get the code.

My family and I enjoyed it very much. There is one thing I didn't like. During my visit to the pool I could not find any place to sit or put my things on. For a hotel that large they need make larger pool and more chairs. They really don't have enough. There were bar stools available but who sits on a bar stool at the pool. It was around 5PM and there were other families which was fine but it's still small considering the hotel is pretty large and have so many rooms. Another thing was 2 pieces of french fries under our bed. No big deal but they normally have a person who inspects every room, they need to look under the bed little bit more. Like I said, not a big deal to me. Other peple will make fuzz out of it for sure though.

I had a great experience and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for only one night to celebrate our anniversary. I give this 4 stars because there were some really good things and some really average things. Nothing was bad, but perhaps my expectations were too high since I am used to Embassy Suites, Hilton, Comfort Inn, and other 3-star hotels.

Check-in was easy, staff was courteous, lobby was beautiful, but the room was very average. I expected a lot more for more than double the price of any other hotel in the area. The room was green and gold and could use a makeover. The only things that stood out to me are the refrigerator being stocked with very expensive candy and liquor, the coffee making station was very elaborate - neither of which I utilized. Everything else about the room was no different than any other hotel room. In fact, I believe any hotel that's been renovated in the last few years would be better, and certainly a better value. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were not. I suppose if you utilize the spa, bar, gym, or other amenities, which we did not, your overall impression might be different. We had breakfast in the onsite restaurant Entyse, which was amazing. The food was delicious and the servers were top notch and attentive. I was quite surprised that two scrambled eggs were $18, and an omelet was $24; breakfast for 2 was $68. Anyway, now I can say I stayed at the Ritz, but I won't be staying here again unless there is a significant sale. I just can't see spending that kind of money at the Ritz when I can get the same thing for 1/2 of the price at a number of other hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Near faultless stay. Room large for both the money and area. Very comfortable bed. Large well appointed bathroom. Very good attention to detail. Except for one issue (described later) room was very clean and in good repair. Much better than comperable hotel rooms where housekeeping may not have caught baseboard corners or the furniture shows signs of multiple guests. Not so here-clean is clean. We were there for a retirement celebration. The staff at check in and check out knew and congratulated me as well as having a commerative picture in the room on our arrival. I travel 3 to 8 days a month so a fair number of hotel visits. Service here clearly sets the bar. Only problem was old food left in the refrigerator. Brought it to housekeepings attention. Was corrected immediately and acted as if the family honor was at stake. Cant bat 1000 all the time but these folks really strive to make every guest feel like they are valued.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!